This is why Battle Arenas should go back to the original layout.

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Jon Ward, Sep 17, 2015.

?

Should Arena go back to the original format with a hit restriction amount or a kill amount to rank.

1. Yes for Original

35.0%
  2. No keep the new format

65.0%
  1. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

So some of us don't get the chance to be around for 12 plus hrs when brawl mode is going on for Arena. Whether it be work no access to the game and so forth. But when your able to play the game finally and can only muster a few hundred thousand points and see when sudden death finally pops up and make it to the final 25 10 5 or 3 2 and possibility of winning the 1 spot if you knock the person out of the game who is battling with you as the final 2 do you win anymore Nope because you werent the highest scorer of arena. So you can have some asshat come right in during the beginning rack up 10 million points and log right back off he is done. Now everyone else for the 12 hrs or so arena goes for has to get above this. But they don't see this they see themselves in the top brackets when fighting and getting down to the final numbers only to be screwed out of placements. Now we know Arena was changed for the betterment of the game because certain players were tired of the snails slugs whatever u want to call them in arena. But this change out screwed a lot more then just the snails of the game it impacted everyone. 5k limit in hits 2 kills or more and you can rank. Should have been the change out.

Kirsten and Sir Opinion Alot like this.
  2. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

OG format is gone, Mitch stated that in another post.

mi7ch likes this.
  3. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

An improved version of the new format...

4. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

They are a software company, I am sure they have a backup somewhere. Another part is, that they don't want to go back, as the current format rewards more spending.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2015
  5. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Nothing is ever gone in cyberspace. It's always somewhere there. And saying they don't have the original style anymore. They had to create the code to be able to make an arena for their games so i am sure it's somewhere underneath the beer pong table and cans. Just need a broom and dustpan and knock the dust off and install install install.

6. ben

ben Active Member

they just need to put it back the way it was that should not be a problem to do ...

7. YodaYoda

YodaYoda Member

When they first changed the format of the arena, they removed the health reward at first and kept it for two events. After tons of complaints, Kano decided to bring back the health reward system for sudden death. So if they can somehow bring back the health reward, then why can't they revert to the old arena? Also, the numbers have been dropping lately because many players are losing interest. And lowering the level requirement has only inflated the numbers, most players who sign up don't even participate in the Battle Arena, they just want the bonus xp.

Jon Ward likes this.
  8. Jaegermeister

Jaegermeister Active Member

i don't like either of these choices, but if i have to choose one, i vote to keep what we have now.

Kirsten likes this.
  9. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

OMG if players have not adjusted to the new format yet, I am at a loss, personally I can do without the sudden death part, as I am never gonna be awake for it, otherwise I like the new set up.

10. Snowtiger

Snowtiger Well-Known Member

Personally I have adjusted to the new format, but that does not mean I have to like it. I actually score very well, but to me, it is all just mindless clicking now.

11. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Hmm, which one to choose? The one that absolutely sucked or the one that sucks less? I guess I'll go with the lesser of 2 evils since those are the choices.

greatM likes this.
  12. Hellhavenofury:)

Hellhavenofury:) Active Member

i say leave it alone not the biggest fan but on the flip side i can spend an hr or less and get a top15 in zs as before it would take hrs of waiting to get to the final 15

13. Snowtiger

Snowtiger Well-Known Member

Or, Kano could come up with a third code that combines the best of both arenas :D

14. Chasity

Chasity Well-Known Member

I've always enjoyed the BA, old or new. It is fun vying for kills! And, unlike the AW, I get to work by myself.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
    Kirsten likes this.
  15. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

Actually I would be quite upset if we went back now I have spent a year changing my build to suit this arena but I do agree it needs tweaked a bit, maybe you arent cannon fodder until you make a attack

16. Vic

Vic Active Member

it doesn't really matter to me, it's pretty hard to do well once someone latches onto you

17. YodaYoda

YodaYoda Member

I remember you were unhappy about the change at first because you had a defensive build because you wanted to play well in the arena. But, I think you shouldn't build your character based on the arena. You should build it the way you want to. I think a lot of players make the mistake of allocating skill points based on little things in the game, rather than the game as a whole.

Kirsten, Chasity and George Burd like this.
  18. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

I agree, but also I think the rules are the rules drastic changes like what happened set my character back a year. There were other options available to handle "turtles". that would not have the drastic effect the new arena did

Chasity likes this.
  19. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

the arenas are so screwed up now, i don't want any other changes. the last arena, i got a grand total of 243 points before i got killed off in less than 1 minute. oh, i forgot about the 10% "penalty" for getting killed, so i didn't even end up with that many. i might as well have not even participated. the incentive just isn't there until you spend loads of money in the games or run bots (or both).

George Burd likes this.
  20. greatM

greatM Active Member

I would say the current version is better than the original, it allows all to participate more if they chose to, the original version would encourage some to just do 100 attacks and wait it out till the end.