October 7th Developer Update ( Syndicates )

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Eric, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Eric

Eric Administrator

Don't be left behind. You have the option to join or create your own Syndicate, a tight organized group of Mobsters who all share the same goal. Choose between "Traditional" and "Modern". Check the mandate message on the syndicate profile as an indication of what type of activities they may be into.

Syndicate Help

You will be allowed to help fellow syndicate members in Jobs and Boss Fights. Look for help posts in your member feed area on your syndicate profile.

Syndicate Alliances and Enemies

Strategize with other syndicates and create alliances, not only will people know who you are aligned with it will open up a feed channel for you to communicate with. Creating Enemies will publicly let everyone know who you are against.

More to Come

Syndicates are currently in Beta. Look out for supporting features and enhancements coming soon.

Attached Files:

2. Joe Bloggs

Joe Bloggs Member

Nice!

I quite like that the "syndicate tagging" are visible in the user's profile page, the fightlist as well as the hitlist. Some suggestions:

1. Add a space after the "syndicate tag" and the mobster's name in all display. Currently we have "[TAG]name", it would look better as "[TAG] name".

2. Please also add the syndicate tag in the message list, the feeds and boss fights for overall consistency.

3. Eric

Eric Administrator

Thanks for the feedback! The feature is still in beta and we're slowly introducing it into other parts of the game once all of the smaller issues are resolved.

4. BNPLAYN

BNPLAYN Member

The only thing I see as a problem is it only alows 25 members. I have a clan size of well over that.

5. FallenKnight

FallenKnight Member

Our family is quite large as well....I for once side with BNPLAYN on this subject.
    I would suggest that you allow us to set the maximum size so we can accomidate a large family.
    Or perhaps you could ask us to register our families with u directly and u create our syndicate page for us and notify the leader of the family to come and start adding members.

Fallen Knight 73 the Enforcer TCB

6. Eric

Eric Administrator

We wanted to keep the groups manageable, also the feature is still in beta and we're taking all feedback to make it better. You are allowed to create other Syndicates and make alliances with them. Keeping Syndicates in alliance with the same [TAG] will also represent unity.

7. BNPLAYN

BNPLAYN Member

The only problem with this is I would have to add a hell of a lot of alliances. Just for the clan. It should be up to the leaders to manage their clan.

Now with in the actual clan we have well over 250 members. and what over 500 members that are alliance with our clan in FPS gaming. Not to mention opening a global gaming community. And We manage everything with ease.

Now on this app I get over 70 requests to join the clan a day. I make them go to our site to register and I weed out the band wagoners out. Since we are not just a app clan. And want actual team work and loyalty. And we have been around for 6 years in Jan.

If the leaders have half a brain they should be able to manage this small peace of gaming with ease.

8. The Ice Queen

The Ice Queen Member

The only problem with the Syndicates is they quickly become Target Lists for Rival Families.

A more effective approach would be to have the Syndicate Members only visible to those who have been accepted.
    Everything else (admins, recruiting status etc) should remain the same...
    As you know many Families already have members who have changed their names to "Mobster ABC"
    Yes have the ingame tag... but offering up a list of people to attack.. hmm maybe not.

9. BNPLAYN

BNPLAYN Member

You can only open 1 Syndicate I had my wife and son open 1 and promoted 4 others with in the clan to TL.

And if you don't want rival clans attacking then don't join a clan.