[LCN] Raid Boss Walkthrough and Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Feb 19, 2015.

1. AXXO

AXXO Well-Known Member

It worked perfectly well for me. tiers good, keys good. one thing I want to ask from Mitch, I was able to get another set of keys, while i'm still at 75% of my first raid, I had spare 1200 energy which I used, now I have all four and it appears as fight boss, not summon boss. this means I have to finish current boss and open my second? I hope keys won't disappear lol

2. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Any keys you get will remain in your inventory until the end of the event, at which point the only thing you can do with them is trade them in for XP. If you defeat your first Raid Boss and have the correct number of keys to open another one already, you can do so. :)

AXXO likes this.
  3. AXXO

AXXO Well-Known Member

thanks, cause the indication of keys on the locations disappeared and reappeared, then again disappeared. that's why I asked.

mi7ch likes this.
  4. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

Please change bottom tier to 0-2000. Otherwise it is good.

5. Sir Opinion Alot

Sir Opinion Alot Well-Known Member

its not the energy dropping you see for 6 lvls per energy refill its call your leveling and now seeing why the uppers complain about the xp from here on out Jon your energy cost is only going to get worse since it is taking more xp for you to level, wait till you barely get a lvl out of it like most of the uppers energy is a joke for the raids, it takes 3400 stamina and about 1500 in energy for 1 level for me during the raids. Why i slowed down on them im in 2 and thats all im doing kano should start looking at how many less raids some are doing i used to join 40 to 70 when they first started then went down to 30 to 40 now its just 2 its not worth it to me, Xp is ok but its averages around 400 xp per stamina, and thats the high end.

robbin gordon likes this.
  6. Jon Norman

Jon Norman New Member

7. Darryl Wiebe

Darryl Wiebe Member

Well, The Jury came back with a decision. Why am I going to pump roughly 6,000 actions (read "Stam + Heal") into a boss that I have roughly an 80-90% chance of getting a 186/135 or 135/186 reward?? it makes less then ZERO sense to me, other then to buy levels. So I've decided to be "positive" about the situation. I'm positive I'm going to get in on a few friends RAID's. I'm positive I'm going to do MY share... not some Bull**it minimum because it's not fair to the other 29. And I'm positive I'm going take a couple of the calendar screensaver's I have, take them to Staples and have them blown up, buy some 223 ammo with the money I'm saving NOT doing RAID's, go to the range, and do some real shooting. and I'm POSITVE it will be cheaper then what I spend on RAID's .. on average... since they started. And I'm positive it will be more fun. Yippee ******' Kye-yay Mother ******!! This is the Hurtin' Albertan Punching Out!!

8. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

9. No Nuts 4u

No Nuts 4u Member

lol get the one with the big picture of all kano staff was from around 2012 lol ;P

10. Energy is a huge part of the boss fight architecture. Doesn’t make any common sense how much it cost is to open the boss. It ought to just take one or two jobs to complete the keys.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
  11. fastguy

fastguy New Member

make the players per tier 10, 20, 5. if your going to use the current level ranges, or drop the boss hp by a third, ridiculous the way it is now

12. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

We don't want people to open too many raids that can never finish though. I'd just like less variability. Make it always cost 1000/1500 e or something like that.

13. SweetestAngel

SweetestAngel Active Member

Kano, you sure you just don't want to buy Farmville and screw that game up instead? Sick of the endless gripes and NOTHING gets done it only gets worse. I can't even try to end up in a certain spot in a raid besides the top one because the healing and barrage are way off. Oh well, just another comment to take up space in the thread and fall on deaf ears.

This game was once fun. I'll say it again, Kano doesn't even abide by their own rules. Pathetic but true

14. I don't know about you, but the energy I saved up including the boost probably is just enough to open the boss. Maybe you could attack it a few times then you can't heal it after attacking it. That leaves the door open for maybe a teammate or a friend to take the best weapon drop or not completing the raid boss. I only have one game with the max energy achievement pirate clan.

SweetestAngel likes this.
  15. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

GOING TO CATCH DAVID Well-Known Member

what really makes no sense to me at all is why it is so difficult for Kano to look at these issues and complaints and make a change. We are not buying a physical product such as a car where we are asking for leather seats, upgraded stereo, moon roof, bigger engine, and other things that would actually cost more to put into it...... we are talking about things like more EXPERIENCE per stamina, more energy drops, less energy to get keys, maybe less energy to heal...... these are things that would encourage people to participate at a greater level and probably SPEND more on the game.

Can you imagine if you needed less energy to heal? Then those people who do a ton of attacks might actually spend more and more on stamina refills to do more levels. If the experience was higher, people would be more willing to buy more refills of stamina. If keys were easier to get, more people would open more and that would mean more RAIDS for people to spend on.

I really would like to see Kano ANSWER questions and complaints more often. Give us notice that they heard our issues and then give us reasons as to why they want to keep things the way they are. Not just a Mitch reply that he will talk to the devs and then you never hear anything about it again except more complaints from players.

16. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I have answered several times about these issues. Everything you mention is more or less predicated on random number generation, or RNG for short (well, except for experience buffs which we have done a couple times in the past but the leveling curve in LCN makes that a difficult change to push through).

Keys are at the lowest average Energy they have been since the start of the Raid Events last year. They were originally 6,000 (!) average Energy before release, but I pressured the developers into lowering it down to 4,000 and now it is around half of that.

Energy drops have been changed since the first event as well, but they are more frequent than they were and are based on how much you spend on the Boss (more Energy/Stamina spent equals more payout when you get a drop).

Again these systems are built on RNG so even if we have made changes (which we have) there will always be cases of players hitting a string of bad number rolls which leads to the perception that keys take a lot of Energy to get every single time, or nobody is getting Energy drops on the Boss, and so on. That's not to say that these systems can't be improved and I do ask about that when there is feedback around it, but the inherent randomness of some of the systems makes it difficult for incremental changes to be felt by the wider community.

Oh, and lest I forget we did lower the Energy required to Heal the Raid Boss (it used to be 25) but if we wanted to keep the experience payout worth it then it couldn't be lowered too much beyond that. :)

17. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

If the required energy goes down to a guaranteed 1000/1500, then you should have more energy left over than now (see Mitch' post that it costs an average of 2000 now). Plus it is more reliable, so you know what you end up with.

18. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

QUOTE: I have answered several times about these issues. Everything you mention is more or less predicted on random number generation, or RNG for short (well, except for experience buffs which we have done a couple times in the past but the leveling curve in LCN makes that a difficult change to push through).

All I know is what I experience when I try to get keys and what people are posting in Kong chat. I don't monitor chat 24/7 and I might have missed someone posting how they used very little energy to get all four keys but so far today, every post I saw was people complaining how much energy they had to use and it discouraged me from trying myself.

QUOTE: Keys are at the lowest average Energy they have been since the start of the Raid Events last year. They were originally 6,000 (!) average Energy before release, but I pressured the developers into lowering it down to 4,000 and now it is around half of that.

I have not yet opened a RAID due to the last ones I used over 5000 energy to get keys. I still think that when most people have around 2500-3000 energy max, opening a RAID does take a lot. You figure, if I needed 5000, that is two refills. Then once it is opened you have to do another refill to do any attacks and healing. It is just easier to find someone else's to join. And this time around in Kong LCN, it has been hard to find a lot of open RAIDS. Most of the people I joined last month told me they are not opening one this time around.

QUOTE: Energy drops have been changed since the first event as well, but they are more frequent than they were and are based on how much you spend on the Boss (more Energy/Stamina spent equals more payout when you get a drop).

I actually think this has been a huge improved area and I do notice I get more drops when I do attack.

QUOTE: Again these systems are built on RNG so even if we have made changes (which we have) there will always be cases of players hitting a string of bad number rolls which leads to the perception that keys take a lot of Energy to get every single time, or nobody is getting Energy drops on the Boss, and so on. That's not to say that these systems can't be improved and I do ask about that when there is feedback around it, but the inherent randomness of some of the systems makes it difficult for incremental changes to be felt by the wider community.

I have yet to see anyone post in Kong chat about how easy it has been to get keys - all the posts have been negative and warning people on how much energy it takes.

QUOTE: Oh, and lest I forget we did lower the Energy required to Heal the Raid Boss (it used to be 25) but if we wanted to keep the experience payout worth it then it couldn't be lowered too much beyond that. :)

This i don't agree with. You could make the exp anything.... it is 100% up to the devs. And I can't imagine anyone would complain that the exp for healing was too high. If anything, better exp healing would make more people willing to heal for stamina spenders and it would make stamina spenders more willing to heal and buy more stamina. People need to feel that the money they spend is worth it. That is the bottom line. And although everyone has their own value system and opinions, it comes down to what do the majority feel and mostly, what do those who are likely to spend feel. It is the spenders who pay for this game and it is the non-spenders who play on the dimes of those spenders. So if a few little changes here and there make those willing to buy fps buy more, that is good for everyone.

19. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Well people only tend to complain when something doesn't suit their needs, that doesn't mean others didn't get keys easily and just did not mention it.

Kirsten likes this.
  20. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

True. But most often people love to disagree and so if someone posts in chat "I hate the way this is" someone almost always will post something to disagree if they disagree. And I have not seen one post where someone said "Really? You found it hard? I got my keys really easy" Everything I saw since yesterday has been agreement that it is too expensive to get keys to open RAIDS. And this could just be Kong..... Kong and FB LCN and other games are really very different. Kong is a different world with a very small player base compared to other games and platforms.