[All] New and old battle arena

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Alice Prospero, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Alice Prospero

Alice Prospero Active Member

I agree with you here but since i think it's a good idea to have them both taking turns, I want to air it and who knows, someone might think it's a good idea and upvote it. After all, it's the place for ideas :)

George Burd likes this.
  2. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Long Live King Wend :p

3. foxysiren

foxysiren Well-Known Member

Wend my Hero <3

4. Chasity

Chasity Well-Known Member

I'd enjoy seeing the BAs take turns! The Battle Arena is one of the most fun parts of the game. I do enjoy the old BA (was sad to see it shelved), and there's definitely a different playing strategy for each one. :rolleyes:

Kirsten and George Burd like this.
  5. wsmdel

wsmdel Member

you cant please every one all of the time ,only some some of the time .. the old format allowed inactive players to hide the whole ba and still bagged a top ten spot doing nothing it needed changing...

Kirsten likes this.
  6. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

its rather obvious new arenas are profit based, understandable for a company but not as enjoyable

7. klimaxkev81

klimaxkev81 New Member

it all has to do with UN...

8. klimaxkev81

klimaxkev81 New Member

King Wend! You are my hero.. Please send me private messages daily lauding your great successes at pointing and clicking.. You the Man!!!

Blue Nose likes this.
  9. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

Great idea, the only change they should make for the old arena is to stop the inactives from getting rewards..... Beyond that, I say bring back the old and alternate with the new

10. Alice Prospero

I respectfully disagree there. A lot of players made def builds just to have a chance in old arena. Right now some (if not all) of them feel that their builds are useless since new arena is build in a way that only benefits attack builds (and to win you need to spend alot of UN). Keep it as it was :)
    But i get where you're coming from though. I hated logging in just to see people in def stance 3 seconds after start. But it was good strategy "back then"

11. Alice Prospero

Oh, don't forget to upvote the idea if you like it so we can get a comment from Mitch. He can't ignore us forever :)

Chasity likes this.
  12. Kirsten

Inactives who hide in defense should NOT rank and should NOT get a reward, this was one of the big reasons for the change, if people have not bothered to turn their accounts towards a different allocation , after all this time,then that is on them, they get no sympathy from me.The only thing I would like changed it sudden death since I am never awake during that time and am not the type of person to get up in the middle of the night for a game,getting up for work is hard enough.

Demonik1 likes this.
  13. Demonik1

You're allowed to disagree, everyone has the right to be wrong ;p and as I have stated MANY times before.....it's called the BATTLE arena, not the sit and do nothing arena. Sitting and doing nothing should NEVER earn ANYONE any kind of reward. All the active players from the old arena despised it from the beginning which I'm sure just fueled the ones doing it to just keep on doing it as long as kano allowed it to go on. I'm built to do well in either type so it makes no difference to me but I have to speak for more than myself and allowing losers to sit and gain from doing nothing never made sense then and doesn't make sense now.

Old Salt and Kirsten like this.
  14. Alice Prospero

The difference here seems to be that I'm trying to think about what would be good for the game and good for this community. I'm thinking about a model where we can get more new players and more active players. You are thinking only what would be good for you. Change time for SD because its good for you. Do this or that because it's good for Kirsten.
    I'm an attack build, i hate the people that go into def because they make it harder for me but i disregard that when i think about stuff that i believe the game can benefit from.
    The things you want and suggests would benefit me (personally) too but I don't think they would be better for the game.

15. Alice Prospero

I hear you. I still think they have a place and that it's a valid strategy.. Perhaps they could raise the limit for minimum attacks so they'd have to me active more?

16. Kirsten

exactly Demonik1 long time players as opposed to new players who have not seen changes to the arena thru the years, may have an opinion, but these are battle/fight/PVP games not sit and hide games, which the older arena seemed to support people who chose to be inactive in the way they built their game, Like I said there has been alot of time for players to adjust their decision to have a high defense, which is their right and choice, but if they want to play in the arena, they get no rank nor a reward for doing min actions . The raid have also allowed more hit and hiding than I have every seen in the 5 years or more,, yes hit and hiding has a place at times, but as their default ?? I feel if they want to play and excel in on area, that is on them, enough coddling players who play this game like "farmville " and adjusting the game for them. pffffft valid strategy?? to hit and hide ,I don't think so, a strategy, yes, valid ?? NO and to be rewarded for it an Emphatic NO

Demonik1 likes this.
  17. Alice Prospero

There has to be ways to play the game other than the ones you like. Other people apparently like other ways. It gives the game balance. I personally hate ambushes/counters but the game needs them so i don't cry for ban just because i don't like it. I try to see the bigger picture and not just go "well, i don't like it so it should be removed". But sure, the game needs tweaking.

18. Demonik1

Actively playing for a half hour minimum would be the only acceptable compromise in my eyes, hitting someone for 5 mins then hiding for 8 hrs is not a strategy, it's called taking advantage of a loophole to take rewards away from others that have earned it. Everybody levels and can allocate skill points however they like....adding them all to defense to do nothing in a BATTLE arena is NOT a strategy. Sniping kills for health is a strategy, bashing every person you come across is a strategy, teaming up with a group is a strategy.... Doing nothing? Is exactly that, NOTHING.

Old Salt and Kirsten like this.
  19. Jaegermeister

Jaegermeister Active Member

actually, i disagree with that. doing nothing IS a strategy, just not one i've used or particularly like. and there are plenty of loopholes in the game already, so what's one more?

Aapje and Alice Prospero like this.
  20. Kirsten

Well fortunately Kano agreed with non actives not receiving a reward , or a rank,hence the change. And yes no one said hiding wasn't a strategy, but IMO it is a lame azz strategy and makes a mockery of the a fighting game.

Demonik1 likes this.