[ZS] TGIF! Zombie Slayer Development News August 3 - 7

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Aug 8, 2015.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

TGIF! Here’s your development news round-up for the past week!

Player Bans July 27 - August 2

As a reminder, the following numbers are permanently frozen accounts, and don't count temporary freezes.

FB: 2
    KP2: 1

The majority of permanently frozen accounts are frozen for being a shared or alternate account. This is something we actively investigate, and we appreciate players reporting suspicious accounts to us.

If you have any questions or comments about a frozen account, please direct them through Support as the Forums are not the place to discuss account freezes, because of the sensitive account information involved.

New Limited Items!

A new week means new Limited Items! Here’s what’s up for grabs:

[​IMG]

Weekend Calendar!

A new weekend Calendar has arrived! It runs until Monday August 10 at 10 am PST!

[​IMG]

Support Report with your favorite burrowing nocturnal mammal and Answerpreneur, Aardvark!

Happy Friday, players!

I'm a little brain-dead from staring at reports and spreadsheets this week. We're reviewing a bunch of Support info to see where we can make things move a little quicker and get tickets resolved sooner!

And speaking of tickets, we've had a few interesting ones this week! As we've mentioned before, performance is a big priority for us and we spent a lot of time looking into reports of slowness and improving our systems for smoother, faster page loads.

This should go without saying, but we don't conspire inflict lag to influence battles. Nor do we "hack" players computers, or make them download malicious software, or in any way try to sabotage play or drive people away.

So if you were worried someone here at Kano was sitting atop their throne of skulls, cackling madly and pressing a big red button labeled "MAKE [INSERT NAME HERE]'s GAME SLOW," please rest assured that this is not the case.

Cheers,

Aardvark
    who hardly ever cackles madly. Honestly.

Terrible Joke of the Week

Here's your lame joke of the week!

What do you call a cow with a twitch?
    Beef jerky.

That's it for TGIF this week, everybody! Thanks for reading and have a great weekend!

Play Now!

Facebook Canvas: https://apps.facebook.com/zombieslayer/?fb_source=appcenter&fb_appcenter=1
    Facebook Connect: http://www.kanoplay.com/zombieslayer?game_server=server_1
    Kano Play Server 2: http://www.kanoplay.com/zombieslayer?game_server=server_2
    Kongregate: http://www.kongregate.com/games/kanoapps/zombie-slayer
    Armor Games: http://armorgames.com/zombie-slayer-game/14869

2. Dale Barrie

Dale Barrie Active Member

This should go without saying, but we don't conspire inflict lag to influence battles. Nor do we "hack" players computers, or make them download malicious software, or in any way try to sabotage play or drive people away.

Its all lies people Kano do lag the f out of you

3. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

HAHAHAHA I got the bestest visual.

That being said, it would be helpful if everyone clarified......Yes Kano does in fact add delay to when we see lists......some slayers might think this is due to lag.

There is often a great deal of lag in the game. Kano, I'm sorry but there is. How do we know? folks talk in wc. We see when a great number of us are experiencing issues.

Sometimes we have pc/laptop/isp issues unrelated, others it's something on Kano's end. I don't think you can convince us otherwise. We simply see times when the game is slow, typically during long events where there are a lot of slayers logged in say waiting for their key for example. other times it seems completely random. But we can tell the difference rather quickly, a pop into wc tells the story.

I will once again recommend, if y'all want a pulse on the game ya need to actually play it for a while. Not pop in try a few things but actually play for a length of time over days and events. You will get the feel for how the game should respond on the user side and when it's not up to par.

Ooops sstarted rambling.....

Short story, yes there is kano induced lag, intentional I doubt. Intentional however is the hitlist delay that STILL no one likes. In fact no one likes the newer hl system. We had so much more fun before the math question (has that actually helped anything?) and before the closing door list when we could have duplicate bounties. At least we all had a shot then.

Anyway, I shall have a great deal of fun picturing the big red self destruct button.... while I try not to throw the laptop through the window or the mouse through the laptop :p

As always, this is meant with the best of intentions although reading through there are places that sound snotty I can't think of a way to reword it where it carries the tone without the use of inflection :(

Dale Barrie likes this.
  4. Dale Barrie

Exactly Trish, they need so play and see if they change what they say!

They need to play for like a whole week not just 10 mins though and then they will see very well what we mean

Tony Montana likes this.
  5. Tony Montana

Tony Montana Well-Known Member

I still get the most lag on the larger bounties, UNs I can see them, go from NY to Cali, and they will still be there

6. im the beast

im the beast Member

anyone can go back years ago and c how long ive cried about lag just check my older post..i was the first to say there messing with the hitlist...its most certainly there and has been..i offten wonder if i was kanos lag tester lol

Dale Barrie likes this.
  7. im the beast

im the beast Member

like to add after 10 to 15hitlist kills i rarly see them after that if it wasnt for ba and good friends id long quit this game thats the dam truth..

8. Dale Barrie

I believed u from the off as something wasnt right as i was same pal. to go from 60-100+ hl kills a day to 10 and then a delay that wasnt just bad luck. That was implemented on purpose

Evelyn May Dively likes this.
  9. Tony Montana

Tony Montana Well-Known Member

man only 2?

Evelyn May Dively likes this.