September 29th- Factions (Beta)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Kendall, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Don't be left behind in the fight against Zombies. You have the option to join or create your own Faction, a tight organized group of Zombie Slayers who all share the same goal. Choose between "Order" and "Anarchy". Factions built around order may be more geared towards performing outbreaks and fighting bosses all for the purpose of rebuilding and establishing a peaceful government state. Anarchy are for those who wish to rule at whatever cost and usually may participate more in aggressive player vs player fights and boss fights.

Factions Help

You will be allowed to help fellow faction members in Quests and Boss Fights. Look for help posts in your member feed area on the faction profile.

Faction Alliances and Enemies

Strategize with other factions and create alliances, not only will people know who you are aligned with it will open up a feed channel for you to communicate with. Creating Enemies will publicly let everyone know who you are against.

More to Come

Factions are currently in Beta. Look out for supporting features and enhancements coming soon. Until we find a permanent home for Factions you can access them from your profile. And as always feedback is welcome.

Attached Files:

2. Eddie

Eddie Member

Sweet update! Can we get this on VC please also? :D

3. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

If we can get a good thread on how awesome kano is I think we can swing it. :D

4. filthy killer

filthy killer New Member

I have created a faction and have several members but I can't seem to figure out how to use the enemies and alliance option. Can someone help me with this please!

5. filthy killer

filthy killer New Member

also i just started the fraction and it is full already. I have also more members that want to join but I am unable to accept them due to the cap of members. So, please make the member amount more in the hundreds maybe?

6. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Alliances are to align factions together, right now the only feature that enables is the alliances feed. Enemies show what factions you are at war with and enables them in the enemy feed. Right now both are limited at 5 and only support feeds but we plan to add more in the future.

7. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

We wanted to release with 25 to keep the team size manageable and to encourage highly active groups. If you have more friends that want to join your faction get them to start their own with the same or different name and add them to your alliances.

8. looks interesting ... i see that members can leave groups if they want to join other group ..
    good work Kano :cool:

9. PowderKeg

PowderKeg New Member

filthy killer I just sent you a request for an alliance. Also, can anyone tell me how to add an officer and if you can add more than one? Thanks!

10. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Adding Officers

While in your factions page click on the Edit button. Near the bottom of the form are 3 dropdown boxes that allow you to select any faction member of your choice as an Officer.

11. Hi Smack
    group max size is 25 members.. can we get more than that ?

12. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

For some of the bigger features we have planned around factions we wanted to keep the group sizes smaller to make some of those possible. If you don't want to lose association with the rest of your friends you can share the same faction names and add them as alliances.

We may adjust the size higher in the future, but only after we have released the features that we have planned around this.

13. hi all members not my friends lol

Attached Files:

14. Hated

Hated Member

im sorry for my upfront rudeness...

its a GREAT feature,
    but was some body droped on there head at birth, what is with the limit of 25 per fraction??..

unless some script jocky forgot to add a "0" to the end you guys have made a mistake.
    please up the limit, to 250-500.
    please & thanks. as you can see, a fue fractions have filled..

at the moment the {ttf} has 25 members and 80+ waiting to join..

if we are expected to make sub fractions and allie up, guys, we need more allie spots then, we have WAY to many members...

Last edited: Oct 1, 2010
  15. Griff

Griff Member

LMAO ! Yes I can see how this could be interesting in Viking Clan with the long time players. Fun stuff perhaps.....

16. AbNo

AbNo Member

You know, being a jackass like that when they are testing a NEW FEATURE is why we can't have nice things.

That being said, cool to see my suggestion being implemented. It makes me happy.

Edit: Also, I see something just got added, something location related. :-D

Last edited: Oct 1, 2010
  17. im with You ..

ok 25 members give you group feed that is not over filled with news about your group members...
    well i think is best to cut out all new about jobs,boss,power up level 21 or achievment messages ... and leave only messages about who kill who or under attack from who.. boosts and elite so all news is about fights and elite join and give boost so group members can boost up and go help gang :)

i think that way feed will give group more space and also when group get expanded from 25 to 100+ news feed still be in good order !!
    look in attachment for more details ..

Attached Files:

18. Julie Detroit

Julie Detroit Member

I am against groups larger than 25, I think it will slow down these wars and and allow weaker players to not be forced to join these gangs. AND YES THAT IS HAPPENING

For the record through alliance one can be a part of 150 members. I am also not calling out any of the leaders of these gangs, it is usually some new addition or someone with a second account leveling up just killing people and pouring gas to the fire.

Everyone know's I will not delete anyone unless they have a very foul mouth, I play several apps and have ten's of thousands of game members through them.

Julie

19. Hated

Hated Member

good idea's, but could you imagin 100x elite's + 100x boost's filling the page you scout to find members who pick on your fraction, it could still clog it up, maybe a drop down menu right next the the original feed to sort out squad feed from fraction feed.
    drop down box EG, "View all" "Fraction broadcast" "fraction feed" and it leads into sub choice's, just like squad feed... if that makes sense.

20. Can we have a We Surrender Button installed somewhere.

Could you change it from Factions to Fractions as nearly everybody seems to be typing that...lol.

Tom