Suggestions: Messaging System

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Smack, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

We are currently reviewing our messaging system and would like to hear what your thoughts are on our current implementation. We want to know how you are using the messaging system and any suggestions you might have to make it better. Please leave any comments you have in this thread and perhaps answer some of these questions to get you started.

• What do you use the messaging system for? (ie: coordination, gift requests, taunting other players, squad invites...)
    • How often do you use the messaging system?
    • What would you like to use the messaging system for that it currently does not allow for?
    Let us know what you think as your thoughts will help guide us towards any potential changes we make in this area.

Thanks in advance for any of the input provided!

2. Vampryss

Vampryss Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I use the messaging system for invites and to send opponents a "nice fight" msg during and after battles.
    I also use it to say hello to current clan/mob members that are not on IM.
    I would like to see updated messages in the drop down menu.
    Example: "I'm out of stam, resume later?" and "Thank you but I'm not accepting new clan at this time"
    I believe there are multiple threads with various suggestions for new msgs. One here - http://forums.kanoapps.com/showthread.php?t=555

What I wouldn't want to see in the current system is open messaging between non-clan/mob members. This would only lead to verbal abuse between players in-game as we have clearly seen in the Boss feeds.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2010
  3. i get messages and some times when i reply i click the wrong button ,,,
    is it posibe put that button some diferent place and not close to send message ? thanks

Attached Files:

4. I agree Para that would be a great change, that pesky button does interfere.lol
    very good suggestion para(true V.C Leader)

5. Griff

Griff Member

I like the idea of a message about being low on stam. I use the messaging system to try and communicate the best I can as to what I am wanting to do at a certain point in time. Sometimes I just don't feel like leveling or fighting and sometimes it's simply I am low on stam. People on VC get a bit antsy these days over small stuff so you have to be very diplomatic and with the current messages it's tough to relay the exact message you want to send. Usually the "No" will be enough but some need more detail or they get all worked up.

6. cesarr

cesarr Member

1) taunting other players
    2) after each bounty i collect
    3) more messages

7. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Thanks for all the great suggestions so far. I think we are all in agreement that the drop-down messages need to be revamped to allow for greater variety. I can assure you that the non-clan messaging system will NOT be opened up for general posting as I think everyone can see the grief potential.

@Para: Is it the proximity of the Send and the Delete All button that you do not like or the Reply and the Delete button on the message itself? Either way I can see how these can both pose a problem.

Please keep the suggestions coming as we continue to review messaging.

8. The delete all button is much bigger than reply message and if im doing too fast i click biggest button by mistake :D

will be better to put delete all messages away from ''send'' button
    look in attachment where i would like to see that button... and thank You

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
  9. that is a excellent place para.