Stale and Rubbish...

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by James Wright, May 20, 2015.

1. James Wright

James Wright Member

OK Kano, most of us probably think its time for a reboot on the arena, less than 1300 on this one, dead after an hour as everyone is either dead, waiting to revive or a turtle and in def for 4 hours. You need to seriously re-consider the format as in its present guise its now stale and rubbish.

The fun has gone and so have most of the players, the tweaks you made, hidden names, sudden death, no search option were all a backward step and its killing the game, slowly......................

This isn't a rant from someone who is piss** as they cant do well, I have come first, 2nd, been in top 5 lots of times, its more a plea from someone who used to love the arena but now plays for the 1st hour so I know I will get a good nights sleep as I will be bored stupid and almost in a coma.

Refresh, reinvent or go extinct, not a real dilemma is it, players have voiced concerns (FFS, it takes 4 attempts to do a key or fire an arrow???) so just for once, can you please listen!

2. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Sorry to hear that you're not enjoying the Battle Arena as much as you used to James. :(

We did go through a lot of iterations when we tried to shakeup the formula late in 2014 and the developers tried to find a good balance between what players loved about the old versions and the goals we were trying to accomplish with the alterations. We definitely want people to continue enjoying the features that they did before. I'll pass your comments along to the team and we're still keeping an eye on the participation levels and engagement in the Battle Arena. :)

George Burd likes this.
  3. James Wright

James Wright Member

Mitch
    320 participated out of the near 1300 registered. I came 3rd. You need to make some changes, the sudden death concept is great, for the first hour and then it becomes a contest to unearth a turtle and take them down. The arena is dead except for those that want to blow the FP on a handful of quick levels. RIP VC, you had a good innings but I fear this is now terminal (sob)................

George Burd likes this.
  4. Jaegermeister

Jaegermeister Active Member

I'm actually okay with this for now, I'm hoping I might actually be able to get the arena achievements.

5. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

I have suggested before and will continue to do so, tiered arena like raid bosses until sudden death then all out war

6. Englander

Englander Member

Only join Arena now for that little xp reward for joining, very rare I talk part anymore. the original was better.

George Burd likes this.
  7. LaScepter

LaScepter Well-Known Member

Our arguments for reverting back to orig. set up for BA has fallen on deaf ears at Kano...there have been more complaints about the changes than compliments.....yet the BA remains twisted and sloppy as a sub game in VC ! :mad::eek: ....must be a money maker some how...uughhh i miss the orig. way it was...sudden death , could see who we were fighting...no points...true battles to the last one standing....who cares if the same group of 5 usually won...least they played and stayed alive till the end....now you might be alive at the end and NOT have enough points to win...thats discouraging enough..for many not to play..i havent played since all the changes...I miss it even though i never won ...:p

George Burd and Englander like this.
  8. Birkebeiner

Birkebeiner Active Member

Sharing the stats would be great - it would let everyone know what is objectively correct. Nothing like inserting a bit of realism into a debate to provide an opportunity for moving ahead in the right direction. Of course, we're talking statistics, but it'd be nice to at least try to anchor the discussion. Both Kano and the players want the game to remain viable and the player base is a huge resource (if we're properly informed of what's going on).

George Burd likes this.
  9. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

they should just get rid of sudden death bc i was in 5th when i went down an ranked alot lower then what i did they should really think about this...an do some changes to all the apps..

10. Too right James the original was still the best. I find that from being a very active daily player that I just 'pop in' to see what is happening every now and again. Very sad for the game!! I can see VC being extinct within the next couple of years.

George Burd likes this.
  11. Brosnik

Brosnik Active Member

I've had my share of BA awards but I too only log on these days but no longer play it. Just collect a few XPs and then go and do something else.

George Burd likes this.
  12. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

not everyone agrees that the original version was the best. and now it is interesting to see that the players that used to win all the time don't anymore. i do wish that defensive stance was worth something, though... it's useless now.

George Burd likes this.
  13. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

I liked and still like the idea of hidden names, and no search option , this way it is truly as close to a one on one battle, sudden death , ehh don't care for it, dead is dead, don't like being a zombie pirate or viking :p

14. Jaegermeister

Jaegermeister Active Member

i must say that i normally do better now with the changes than i did before they were made

15. Craig Day

Craig Day Well-Known Member

Well I used to win all the time and I just won again. No Skill just banging away. Only revived 3 times prior to Sudden Death. Then was killed with 20 players left in Sudden Death. Ya the changes have worked out great. (Sarcasm).

George Burd likes this.
  16. Hellhavenofury:)

Hellhavenofury:) Active Member

not thst i am a fan of the new arena a plus out there is that if you are willing to spend atleast you can buy your high place finish which i know kano love spend them un

Birkebeiner likes this.
  17. Karess

Karess Member

I believe this has happened at least once - the last man standing was NOT the 'winner'.

Perhaps during SD they could institute 'bonus' points at different intervals for those players still alive. Of course the last man standing should receive a huge bonus for that achievement.

George Burd likes this.
  18. monica

monica New Member

Maybe if they waited until people actually played to give xp instead of for just joining they would have a truer amount of people joining AND playing 1300 join and only approx 300 play means people join just to get the xp and don't plan on playing the Arena.

19. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

Originally it was to a PVP - the idea was to know who you were fighting or figure it out - and compete versus them. When the gangs arrived, the idea became to get your own gang eh. Gang v. Gang. But the fix to gangs went too far away from PVP. It became PVG ... person versus game with the only limit what you are willing to buy in terms of stam. PVG is very much like Raids are as well. Maybe as James said OP is quite true.

At one point I thought and suggested it would be good to exit into another realm for reaching x level, and in effect redo from the bottom up but with a difference in terms of segregation and rewards ... all that fell on deaf ears.

BTW all you RAID and BA fans, when the dust settles and you have to get regular levels, ya notice how much more XP you need? And how much less you play waiting for the next round of .... BA or RAIDs ....
    Signed,
    "A Million XP a Level is Coming"

George Burd likes this.
  20. James Wright

James Wright Member

Ok Kano, 1008 entrants for the arena. Out of that, probably less than 200 fighting and only 20 or so doing all the real damage. The arena has got to change. Start time was 10pm UK time, by 11pm I was bored as everyone was either dead, regenerating or in def. This morning, sudden death started at 6am, by 7.08am there were less than 22 players left and now we have 2 left who will sit around afraid to hit each other until the arena ends in some 10 hours time. Its rubbish and you need to address it. You said you were going to monitor it, well lets have some feedback. Its a little annoying when all the replies we get can be summed up with "will speak to the devs, will get back to you" or "n0 plans for that yet................"

The game is now on its arse and it may already be to late, but guess what, a new raid starts today so were all saved.

James (So long and thanks for all the fish) - closing in on level 25,000 and wondering why do I bother?