[LCN] Raid Boss Walkthrough and Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Feb 19, 2015.

1. foxysiren

foxysiren Well-Known Member

How does it keep changing if nothings being changed? Used alot more energy to heal than the previous raids, some of the guys posted the actual attack to heal ratio and as you can see it was different.

No Nuts 4u likes this.
  2. SweetestAngel

SweetestAngel Active Member

So having the #1 spot in a raid obviously isn't the way to go ....... laughing and removing my cc info from the game

Hi Danielle,

Thanks for writing in! We've checked it over and it doesn't look like there's a particular issue with the way drops are working at the moment.

If you're trying to pick up some superior items from the Raid Bosses, you can increase your chances by doing a high number of actions. That said, the chance of one dropping is still random, and it's not out of the ordinary for no superior items to drop over the course of several raid events.

I hope that helps clear things up, but if you have any other questions please don't hesitate to let me know.

Regards,

Sol
    LCN Support

3. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

If you want to know why, the #1 spot its considered by them by the number of Total Actions and not by the Most Damage, maybe someone had a lot more healing actions, you might check that tab to.

4. Guardian Angel

Guardian Angel Active Member

Is because is about of the number of action not about damage , probably the person who was next after you in damage had more actions , he was number 1 in actions. if you are low level with same number of actions you do less damage , this is the reason for sure

Kirsten likes this.
  5. SweetestAngel

I get that but its still pretty sucky :p Found the link and I was 3rd for actions. Second in my tier

6. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I know its sucky... until now I had common for 50000 actions and superior for 2000.

7. GreatChad_Kong

GreatChad_Kong New Member

We've suggested every time that they either make it such that the top 2 people in each tier (or top damage and top total in each tier) get superiors and random after that or increase the drop rate for superiors. The problem with either situation is that the superiors should be significantly more rare than commons (2:1 could work) and if you take off the top in each tier and boss owner, that would leave 6 superiors for 26 people... If they did top 2 in each tier that number goes to 3 superior for the remaining 23 as I don't think they should have it reach 50% superiors.

SweetestAngel likes this.
  8. SweetestAngel

Last set of raids as long as my min was in, I'd get a superior about half the time. Kinda why I was wtf when I saw that raid. And yeah, the higher levels that don't do shiiiiiiiit and wait to the end need to go. Starting to agree with the make people do a certain % for their tier. Yes I know, I can not join when I see them in there but when they join after me, its BS. I still don't agree with having a max number of raids that can be done. Its just shiiiiiiit when people brag they are in over 200 raids yet they sit and wait waiting on everyone else.

Kirsten and GATMAN like this.
  9. GATMAN

GATMAN Active Member

so far 5 superiors out of 23 raid bosses completed. 3 occasions where i did the top amount of damage, had the most heals and attack actions, did over 100 mill in damage and received a common weapon.

The amount of sabotaging taking place in the kanoplay server, with people creating accounts just to kill the raid party is utterly ridiculous this raid period.

These players below are responsible for killing a raid party at least once. The MBM and MDR players are killing several a piece. THE PERISH ASPECT OF RAIDS NEEDS TO BE ELIMINATED. SOMEONE IS CREATING BABY ACCOUNTS FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF SABOTAGE AND AS LONG AS THE RAID PARTY CAN BE MADE TO PERISH, THIS BEHAVIOR WILL CONTINUE. KANO NEEDS TO STRONGLY CONSIDER 'NIPPING THIS IN THE BUD' NOW BY MAKING IT WHERE A RAID PARTY CAN NOT DIE.

[BDS] Frankie Narcoleptic Squillante
    [BDS] Peter Big Tuna Fatico
    [GFH] mobwarlife
    [HDC] Carl Perkins Blue Suede Shoes
    [MBM] Angel Blues Eyes Wright Fellow TCB

[MBM] Clare Shifty Anvil Luongo

[MBM] Killerboy1

[mdr] Eewok

[mdr] Frayed

[mdr] Paul Prune Face Rampino

[NONE] Karl the BOSS
    [SSF] Tony luciano
    [TS] GARLAN GREEN
    Nicolo Prune Face Daddano
    Richard Lefty Righty Bastoni
    Samuzzo Baby Face Marcussi

10. SweetestAngel

2 superiors and 15 common and still have raids left. FB hasn't been as bad with raid killers altho one raid, well known higher players were purposely killing it. I don't care if you don't like the person, just don't be so douchey about it. People are creating accounts left and right and its ridiculous. But then hell, nothing is done about a top spender and all the alts even with proof because its cash for Kano. Just gonna go back to pk'ing the devs :)

Kirsten likes this.
  11. Twilight

Twilight New Member

Something seriously needs to be done about Superior drop rates. My first two raids, I didn't participate that much but got around 40% superior drops (out of about 10 total). The last two raids, I've gotten exactly 0 superior drops out of at least 30 raid bosses. To see if it mattered, I pushed my heals up to #7 overall (damage was I think #14 overall and total actions around mid) on one this time (not sure if I was top in my tier or not) and still got a crappy normal drop.

If the drop rates are based on being top in your tier then the listings must be changed to include which tier players are in. It takes forever to check what level every player above you in the list is.

Additionally, it would be really good if the drop rules were clear in-game. If you aren't going to change the superior drop rates then how about changing the normal items to be more useful (make them around 75% of the superior)?

12. GreatChad_Kong

GreatChad_Kong New Member

Having the rankings show number of actions and tier would be beneficial to people trying to guarantee a superior, but nobody else would care about that. On the other hand, I don't think the superior drop rate should be increased or the common items strengthened. The whole point of having 2 different categories of drops is to make it rare to get a great item. Having the common items being close to the superiors eliminates the point of trying to be top in tier.

13. Twilight

Twilight New Member

I expect the superior item to be less common (that's why the inferior is called common) but 0 for 30 is way too low a drop rate. I would expect at least 1 in 10. That still makes it important to try for top of tier to guarantee (or greatly increase) chances.

14. ~An

~An New Member

I love, love fighting raid bosses across kano games.. but I think something went wrong with the MW-LCN Eco-Terrorist raid..

15. AXXO

AXXO Well-Known Member

speaking of rewards, check this out:

4 superiors and 31 commons REALLY?????

Attached Files:

16. AXXO

AXXO Well-Known Member

True mate, but I don't think it's nice to put their game links in this forum. lol

17. Xipe Totec

Xipe Totec Active Member

Mi7ch, my 2 cents (yet again) ,

It has been suggested above that there be a separate tab for raid bosses (submenu); i made this suggestion during the very first Raid boss event and really hope it will be introduced, getting access to your own city boss becomes a hassle during the raids.

I personally thought that the tiers worked well this time round but i do understand where the "lower level" players come from when they indicate its now harder to get on raids due to the higher levels in the tier filling it up; effectively closing out players under level 1000 etc. The tier structure is always going to be difficult. especially for the "lower levels". its a hard one to make any sort of realistic contribution but maybe it would be worthwhile to reconsider the tiers altogether. as an example; have a base tier up to level 1500 to a max of 5 players; then another tier to a max level of 3000 of 10 players; then tier to level 5000 of 10 players and top tier of level 5000 plus of 15 players.

i know this wouldnt find favour with the lower tiers, but putting it out there. the increase of raid members (10 new players) would help with the overall health of the raid party and put less of a burden on specific tiers and in particular the top tiers (where there is an expectation to assist more in the raids due to their supposed higher stam and energy). Keeping in mind that raids are SUPPOSED to be difficult to kill, the spread may just assist in dealing with the disparity of input in getting the raids killed and this over reliance on the top tier and yet accommodate the "lower level" (with their supposed lower stam and energy).

Mi7ch, I appreciate that you have said there has been no adjustment from the last raid but somehow something HAS changed. the energy drops was much reduced, noticeably so. The increase in Bosses health that you have alluded to may have created this imbalance somehow but certainly it needs to be looked at.

Another point i would like to seek clarity on is the drop rewards, from my understanding you OUGHT (not will) get a superior reward for the most actions in your tier. this ought not to be dependent on the individual strength but rather on the overall raids party's strength. This does not appear to be whats actually happening in raids, your contribution seems to be based on your mobs individual strength characteristics combined with the overall health of the raid party. IF this is the case then the weaker your mob the more actions you will have to do to reach a certain level of damage. This in my view leads to the situations so many have complained about above where they have done masses of damage etc but dont come out top for their tier because someone weaker than them has more "actions". One of the posts above clearly illustrates this, a player (SweetestAngel) gets top (overall) for total damage but comes 3rd in her tier for "actions" and as a result has lost out on the superior item.

I would suggest that each tier has a threshold to get a guaranteed superior drop, this can be set very high (eg 30 or 35 million). Anyone else in the tier would get a random item as per now. This way the complaint of people not contributing could be circumvented as more would try go for this threshold and it wouldnt matter so much for players doing the min. conversely there could be a min threshold for each tier were the mob would not be eligible for the random drop but would only receive a common drop..... are the coding logistics possible for this???

Once again, raids are way too frequent. I remember when Antarctica was introduced players complained only 12 players could access it (now over 40 have access to it). when the Moon was introduced there were 20 odd players. Given the rate of leveling due to Raids, BA and SW etc Moon will soon have as many players as Antarctica: the point here being, will the developers be able to keep up with all the people reaching "high" levels. in fact, is there another city being considered already??? it will be needed sooner rather than later.

I make the above comments without regard to figures and % which are all more or less lost on me; so my comments are made just from the perspective of what i feel i get in terms of reward in game play and not so much on statistics (though i appreciate it when those that understand those things explain it to me :p )

I know I have forgotten something important but will remember it later.

~An likes this.
  18. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

@Xipe Totec thanks again for your two cents. :)

I'm definitely aware that a second tab for the Raid Bosses would be beneficial and I've been asking for a while to put aside some development time to make that a reality. I'll keep asking because as you said if you're in a lot of Raid Bosses your own Co-op Bosses tend to get lost in the shuffle.

For the tiers we have actually heard some negative feedback in this thread and Support about the distribution of levels. For the next Raid Boss we're looking to adjust it down slightly (by 500 or so levels per tier). As for a reorganization of the tiers that would be slightly more problematic from a design perspective because the Raid Bosses are currently balanced for 30 participants. That's not to say that a potential change would be off the table entirely, but it would take more time to develop and think through.

Where the Drops are concerned, the highest overall actions (combination of Attacks and Heals) in a tier will get a guaranteed Superior item. The reasoning behind making it overall contributions is that in addition to giving out a guaranteed Superior per tier, it will also help influence a better chance of getting a Superior item (more overall actions = higher chance for a Superior drop). If it was purely based on damage alone, then people who could not contribute much that way (but could do higher actions) would have a significantly harder time getting a Superior. The drop rate is still on the low side because as someone else pointed out the point of having the Superior items be rare is that they are to be coveted. It's a tricky balancing act for sure, but I will bring your comments to the developers.

We are still looking at the data behind Raid Bosses in terms of engagement and are open to making adjustments, but for the time being the schedule will stay set. If we are planning on changing it we will let you know.

And we are certainly thinking of new Locations in some capacity. :)

~An and Kirsten like this.
  19. ThaMan

ThaMan New Member

Would it be possible to colour code the players names in a raid boss by level tier?
    It could be useful to tell what level tier everyone else is in if you want to finish top of your tier for actions, or if you're just curious as to how much damage certain level players are doing at a quick glance.

GATMAN and JADES like this.
  20. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I agree posted the same thought bit ago as well

Just curious, I started playing on ARMOR and have no clue who is who and associated level.
    • I would think there should be some way to tell highest damage etc. per tier. Without having to click each name, find the boss again, wash/rinse/repeat. If going for the guaranteed superior drop.