[LCN] Number of ambushes and Rigged ignitions

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by AXXO, Jul 11, 2015.

1. AXXO

AXXO Well-Known Member

just to get an opinion, is it really enough the numbers of counter attacks(10) and rigs(50) when you're going and and participating on a war everyday?

2. Simon King

Simon King New Member

I believe the rigged ignitions is fine at 50, but ambushes could be a little more certainly. Not sure they are used in warmode by a lot of players, but they are outside of warmode and can be a great tactic against someone.

3. AXXO

AXXO Well-Known Member

by wars i meant, not only war mode, but wars between members too. lets say during game play.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2015
  4. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Well if ya played PC you could ambush/counter 75 times, which is crazy, but it is all because of that gawd awful feature "" Cagematches,"" which I doubt Pirates even cage matched,but ya never know,but believe me ya don't want cage matches in the other games. NO NO NO It is the bane of our existence in PC. I like that it is only 10 after you hit a certain level in the other games,much better. :)

5. AXXO

AXXO Well-Known Member

sometimes 10 isn't enough when you have big enemies

bowberson likes this.
  6. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

sometimes 75 isn't enough, I doubt any number will be enough at times :) Ya just gotta be faster setting them as they are attacking you.

7. Blue Nose

Blue Nose Active Member

I think ambushes should be increased. A player on kong/armor attacks 8 times per second. It would be nice to stack more up against him.

8. Brian Rose

Brian Rose New Member

Yeah 10 is a bit pathetic especially when someone is chaining you!

9. RafeDavid

RafeDavid Well-Known Member

When you are at the lower levels you can set more than 10 ambushes. It's as you level up the number you can set goes down. I don't recall at which level the number of ambushes drops to 10. I'm assuming as you become more experienced you should know how to deal with your enemies in ways other than ambushes. Personally I'm ok with keeping the number of ambushes at 10.

Kirsten likes this.
  10. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't think that anything needs to change with this. After I got my achievements for bushes and rigs, I stopped setting them (I can't remember the last time that I actually did, it has been months, if not longer). I plow through them myself, and rigs set on me don't stop me from listing anyone.

Kirsten likes this.
  11. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

Ambushes should be increased a bit, IMO.

12. graveyardgabby

graveyardgabby Active Member

I don't really use them but, I have no problem with them being increased. If someone wants to keep attacking even though they have ambushes stacked against them, that's their choice. Easy enough just to move on to someone else if they don't like being ambushed. To me, considering the cost of ambushes, if someone is willing to use them and someone is still attacking through them, seems to me the attacker is probably "over attacking"/being a bully, if their is such a thing in a game like this. At any rate, I would say the person setting the ambushes at the price they are, is probably doing it because they are tired of being attacked by the same person non stop and that person attacking them is probably doing it enough to interfere with the other person's game play.

13. Blue Nose

Blue Nose Active Member

I got to the 1500 ambush achievement in the space of one week. I paid about 400m per ambush as a certain user was somehow attacking me around 300 times per minute if I healed.

14. GreatChad_Kong

GreatChad_Kong New Member

Beyond the achievement, ambushes only serve purpose if someone is attacking a few hundred times a day, in my opinion. I have nothing against just letting myself get put in the hospital or killed so I generally don't make use of them.
    When there are colossal asshats (sorry for the language Mi7ch... can't think of a better word to use), the number of ambushes would need to be higher.

15. Ojba

Ojba New Member

I'm going to still cry for being able to blacklist some people just wont leave you alone no matter what

16. Marc14

Marc14 Active Member

I don't even have the 50 counter achievement in 2 years. 10 is more than enough and, just my opinion, after the achievements they should be removed.

17. Blue Nose

Blue Nose Active Member

If people want to bush they should be allowed to do so. I stopped at 1500 as I only did them for the achievements but I think people should be allowed to try and protect themselves if they want.

18. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

GOING TO CATCH DAVID Well-Known Member

The funny thing about ambushing is you get a chance to be put in hospital after you ambushed 10 times and they maybe get 1 or 2 attacks in. Then you get a chance to reset all 10. And if you were able to ambush a couple of times during the 10 before you hit the hospital, you got in 12 or 13 to their 2 or 3 attacks.

Ambushing shouldn't be setting 100 and then not being bothered by them for a bit while you go on playing your game. The ambush is a lot of times a battle of wills..... who is willing to keep ambushing and who is willing to keep attacking and waiting for you to come out of the hospital.

I have had a few "enemies" who like to ambush me and they love to brag in chat how many attacks I have done and how many they ambushed.... and they use the strategy I mentioned above - ambushing ten times, ambushing while being attacked during those ten ambushes already set.... going into hospital and resetting all the ambushes. And most of the time they have almost as many ambushes as I have attacks. And we are not talking 10 or 20. I mean like 600 attacks to 560 ambushes.

Ambushes were not meant to make you invincible or give a player the ability to attack bigger, more powerful players and not have any consequence. It is just a deterrent and a way to fight back in some small way. But some players don't care about ambushes and you either just keep setting them and waiting for them to stop or you take a break and come back later when maybe they are gone or they forgot about you.