[VC] Collecting a Boss

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by LaScepter, Jul 6, 2015.

1. LaScepter

LaScepter Well-Known Member

Could someone please tell me what the exact time frame we have to collect finished bosses we are on from our clan.... I went out of town Thursday...came home Sunday and when i went to collect the boss fights i was on...they had all EXPIRED and i was not able to collect from them...:eek::eek::eek::eek::mad:..the bosses themselves were finished and all other vikings collected.... Please could i get some clarification on this ??? We can collect our daily rewads up to 7 days...even the lottery holds for verification ...im not too sure how long that is though....

Chris Groner and Englander like this.
  2. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

I " think" it is two days, but yes I would like to know for sure, myself.

3. Under World Bosses, it states that you have 7 days to collect on them. It does not state any time frame under the Coop Bosses, but I agree with the two days as mine have disappeared that quick too.

4. Englander

Englander Member

that's rubbish that you could go away for a weekend and lose them!

Chris Groner likes this.
  5. LaScepter

Well.....no response from any official KANO reps yet ............:confused:

6. Kirsten

. Mitch gets in in an hour we will box his ears then

Chris Groner and LaScepter like this.
  7. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I believe the time to collect on Co-op Boss rewards is two days, because that is how long the "boss cooldown" is. I had a developer look into extending this, but unfortunately the code is fairly intertwined and changing that would require a pretty significant overhaul to accommodate. I'm pursuing it to see if it's something we can do, but unfortunately it is not a quick fix.

8. LaScepter

Thanks Mitch....I couldnt find any info anywhere on this as a player...could kano give a help or info type thing on our boss page to inform us all of the limited time to collect them..maybe ???...could also hold infor for new players how a coop boss works and how to set a damage limit and why its an option... like a help tab that you slide the mouse over a box pops up with info on coop bosses..??

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
    Chris Groner likes this.
  9. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

my tip: you can collect until the owner started the boss again on a new level, this might take more than 2 days ;)

10. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

@LaScepter I can certainly see what I can do! We call it out for the other types of Bosses, so it would only make sense to include Co-op Bosses in that. :)

George Burd and LaScepter like this.
  11. Chris Groner

Chris Groner New Member

I think in this case since it isn't stated in the rules, that there should be no time frame to collect or it should default to the 7 day like it is on the world boss. If it is not in the rules how can you take away the ability to collect. If it is not in the rules how does anyone know?

12. Vic

Vic Active Member

they know when they go to collect the reward and it's not there to collect. it also sounds like nothing can be done to change it. this is an old issue, but i learned my lesson the hard way and i don't let it happen to me anymore.

Kirsten likes this.
  13. Snowtiger

Snowtiger Well-Known Member

I do find it rather odd that the help section tells you how many days you have to collect on a world boss, and yet it omits this information when it comes to collecting on regular coop bosses, especially since the time frame to collect is much shorter on coop bosses!

Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
    LaScepter likes this.
  14. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

u have 4 days to kill it, but if it dies in the 4th day, you have 2 days to collect it from its death. If it dies near immediately, and you are in it, u have to collect with in 2 days of its death. So u don't get 6 days: you get whatever :) It does not mean also that it will show up to collect though that has improved lots - you have to "iterate" the collection again and again to make sure you have them all. Very hard to do if you are in lots of Raids and you participate in lots of reg bosses at that time. Especially if one of them dies right away ... grrrr. I have collected, despite opening up a second or third or fourth page of them to collect, still more after running through that lengthy list. It has gotten better but when going to the last page of them, I still see dead bosses to collect - expired as no one killed them or my right to collect on them has expired. You got to work the collection process lots and often if you join many of them!

Kirsten likes this.
  15. Gogolak

Gogolak Active Member

yeah, this really stinks, especially since you can't see all of the ones that are posted at any given time. i try not to collect mine until the players post another one so that i can keep helping them out. sometimes, i have to before the rewards expire, and i just have to take the chance that i'll be able to get back into their bosses again the next time they are posted if i see them.

16. LaScepter

I have been playing VC for 5 yrs and never has this happened to me....otherwise i would of mentioned it before this...but i do think there should be a description and help tab on the coop boss page...especially to help the newcomers to the game...that will be a helpful...f we had that i wouldnt of needed to post up here...:rolleyes:

17. Kirsten

I lost a few during the last raid but that was my fault ,the raids just seem to take over the games , well at least for me , wish they were less often

Old Salt likes this.
  18. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

I think they take over the game for everyone. And now some have gotten so addicted to the easy leveling that I see another thread was started asking if we can each have our very own raid boss to level on between raid events. IMO still the worst thing ever introduced into this game.
    As for how long you have to collect from regular bosses I always thought it was three days. Maybe there should be a small timer up top when they are there to collect. Otherwise just collect as soon as possible.

19. WorldB

WorldB Member

Hard lesson learned - I missed out on collecting on several Raid Bosses this time around because I didn't know of the time cap on these and just went to collect on all of them today

20. Marc14

Marc14 Active Member

Not for me, I try to join one, sometimes two if I can't use my stamina and energy for something else.
    You are right about the leveling, but on the other hand, the levels needed to reach another location are to high. Leveling at an average of 5 levels a day, it will take me 4 years to reach Ape Island.

Back on topic. Finished bosses show up first on the list so they are easy to find. Just check once a day and they will not expire. But it should be more than 2 days because as said in another post, when you are gone for the weekend some of them are lost.