[LCN] Get Rid of Gifts?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by SwiftlyInnocent, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

That doesn't make much sense. You gain a much better item and the items you lose are most likely only a little better than the items you will use instead.

For instance. If I craft an optimal balaclava, I gain one 67 attack item and lose two 47 attack items. The empty armor spot will be filled with another of my lowest armors, with 38 attack. So I gain 67 + 38 - 2 x 47 = 105 - 94 = 11 attack.

2. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Don't just go back stats on an item, all the time ya need to look at battle strength, why do you think we can uncraft elite and legendary items it is because too many made the mistake some time ago and just went and crafted things without checking that made them weaker :), so Kano made the reverse option.

Mabest likes this.
  3. Vic

Vic Active Member

how time consuming is all this? craft, see that you're weaker, uncraft (if you can). i can spend my time online either doing this or playing the game. i don't know about you, but i'd rather play the game, instead of doing calculations to see how i can get stronger. i guess that's just me.

4. Kirsten

Yeah but it is part of the game, I don't like the arena or wars, so I rarely do it, pick what you like and concentrate on that but to take gifts away is silly,( besides It would never happen) if ya don't want to send gifts or craft, than don't do it. But if I want to beat someone in my range or higher , I choose to craft, as I said earlier this idea will go nowhere, so it is becoming a waste of my time, to even comment in it anymore. lol so good luck debating whether crafting is important or not important. :p

StoneCK likes this.
  5. Gogolak

Gogolak Active Member

i don't think that anyone is arguing whether or not crafting is important. some choose to do it, and some don't (like me). the point is that the whole process has been horrible for a while, and NOTHING has been done to improve any part of it, despite all of the questions about it and suggestions made by us. kano's response? (sound of crickets)

6. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

i agree with some of what kirsten said. i say bag the whole thing the way it is now. if no changes are made, i won't bother with any of this, but i'll still try to send gifts if i have the time and the... lag... isn't... too... bad...

7. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

Especially since crafts can quickly become obsolete anyway.

8. Kirsten

So then don't bother,I enjoy crafting,I enjoy when I get to a new location with a new boss, and have been doing that boss thru my clan sharing it since they got there way before me,that I can then craft a lot of new items.

9. john frances

john frances Member

get rid of gift PFFT realy do you understand how to craft properly guess not as you would not have asked

10. Blue Nose

Blue Nose Active Member

This is a huge chore. Not really sure why it's in the game as it's beyond dull

graveyardgabby likes this.
  11. graveyardgabby

graveyardgabby Active Member

Yes, is gifting a chore, a pita, something I don't like to do? ABSOLUTELY. Please don't take them away from me though, too many players already have their crafts lol.

A send all just like the collect all would be nice but, I know that can't be done right now because of anti spam issues. The pita that is gifting and crafting is no different than the pita that buying property (and buying it correctly). This allows some players to gain an advantage over others by using their brain and/or putting some effort in.

I think it's original intent is also to impact the social aspect of this game. I appreciate the hard work my mobsters put in sending me all these useless, for now, gifts :p

12. Gogolak

Gogolak Active Member

i have an idea. since nothing is going to be done about this, and players seem to want both crafting and gifts, just strike every thread related to crafting and gifts. problem solved.

13. Blue Nose

Blue Nose Active Member

Think it's maybe a bit late in the day to change this now but if they did want to change it they could replace gifts with job drops like they have in some crafts.

14. StoneCK

StoneCK Active Member

you can collect and send 100 gifts per day, can you collect 100 job drops per day? not likely unless you have a gazillion energy

Kirsten likes this.
  15. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

GOING TO CATCH DAVID Well-Known Member

I do not remember the lower levels very well but I know when I got to Seoul and above, the crafts and gifts needed made a huge change to my game. When I was able to craft Thermal Megabombs with 98 Attack and 111 Defense suddenly my strength made huge leaps. And the Galaxy Plate with 106 Attack and 106 Defense also were nice crafts despite losing 1 point to defense from the job drop used in the craft to add 7 to the attack.

The real secret is truly as was mentioned before by another member, knowing ahead of time the gifts you will need to craft. Crafting can take mediocre items and make them pretty fantastic.

And there is no need to get rid of gifts as if someone doesn't want to send or collect, they can simply ignore it. Or simply "collect all" and after awhile most people will stop sending to you since they are not getting any back.

StoneCK likes this.
  16. Blue Nose

Blue Nose Active Member

Yeah true mate. Very true. I'm not fussed either way to be honest. Crafting around level 3000 is worthless.

17. StoneCK

StoneCK Active Member

crafting's value depends upon how quickly you level and how many friends you have sending you bosses with better drops than your current crafts. the cost to craft is relatively minor, just in-game cash and gifts, so if it helps your attack or defense it is worth doing. I usually look at my lowest items in my fight strength before doing any crafting, i write them down in fact, so when i craft i can make sure i dont use anything still better than my crafts, and that i am not crafting something that will be at the bottom of the list by tomorrow.

Sir Opinion Alot and Kirsten like this.
  18. Blue Nose

Blue Nose Active Member

Lol I know mate, I'm a super slow leveller. You send me bosses every so often so it's stuff like that, that will see dublin's crafting useless. That and I have a relatively low mob size!

19. graveyardgabby

graveyardgabby Active Member

yeah, I'm sure crafting has lost any importance for a lot of the lower levels. I know for me as a bottom of the totem player, I can find tons of bosses that will help me more than crafting right now.

20. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

GOING TO CATCH DAVID Well-Known Member

AND YOU CAN THANK THE HIGHER LEVELS FOR ALL THOSE BOSSES THAT MAKE IT POSSIBLE!!!!!!!! <<<< directed at certain players who love to hate on the higher levels every chance they get! LOL

StoneCK likes this.