Players hitting performance issues info + debugging - All Games

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Kendall, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Reg Hahn

Reg Hahn Member

I've tried both Chrome and Firefox.. Firefox is definitely slower and also have the problem of buttons going "dead" when trying to return gifts, etc.. I have to refresh the page, which means I'm unable to return any gifts to the rest of the players I accepted gifts from. No biggie, but symptomatic of the general malaise
    By the way - I've "liked" a couple of previous comments as I don't see the necessity of repeating the same things over and over. Hopefully others will follow suit and make it easier for you

LCN via Facebook and depending on machine it's either my PC running Win 7 or laptop running Win 8. No discernible difference either way.

2. This is what seems to be happening to me also... but I play from both FB and kanoplay.com... and I can only refer for sure Pirate Clan, giving that it's currently my only game. The browser I'm mainly using is Google Chrome. And OS -> Windows 7.

3. Tony Montana

Tony Montana Well-Known Member

• When did you first start to notice a decrease of performance? last few months
    • Are specific specific actions slow or all? all
    • What browser are you using + version? Chrome-newest version
    • What game + platform do you play on? (Platforms are Facebook, Kano Play, Kongregate, Armor) facebook

4. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

first time me notice this loading refresh about a few days ago...specific mostly on mob wars loading page issue..Browser i always used Google Chrome..what games see here it happens facebook on mob wars an kanoplay server 2 on mob wars is when i am getting the loading page other then that i get alittle lag issue on others bout it!!

5. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Thanks everyone.

We have had a couple people send in some screenshots. Will likely leave this post up over the weekend and follow-up on Monday. Those that did write in, I will likely be following up early next week with some more questions.

AlterEgoT and Chasity like this.
  6. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

whats the point in sending in screenshots thru support when it takes them almost a week or 2 to respond yall need to set it up for a 24 hours everyday thing bc players got issues an problems every by the hour an day by day!! which in fact this is a good oppurnity to speak up about this part!! in this Thread..

7. Chasity

Chasity Well-Known Member

I guess we'd have to be spending more cash on DJ points, for to support Kano's extra hours of staff postions then. :p :rolleyes: ~~fingers crossed that they can figure out what's going on!

8. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

It is an email address that I as well as other engineers are watching / responding to outside of the queue of all other support tickets.

Chasity likes this.
  9. Xipe Totec

Xipe Totec Active Member

constant slow refresh for the last week. last two days have been particularly bad moving between any tab,attacks and SW bad as well. If i receive and ingame message whilst doing another action i get huge delay. On LCN fb. using Chrome version Version 43.0.2357.124 m.

10. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

This is not a driver update/browser/speed issue. This is across the boards to all player's.

• When did you first start to notice a decrease of performance?
    April 17th when made a post about it, so few day's prior.
    • Are specific specific actions slow or all?
    Mostly hunting, but does occur other places at times FB VC.
    Armor VC is a different story, I get it on adventures, challenges, raid bosses attacking and healing constantly.
    Don't play much FB PC, but never have the issues like in the 2 VC platforms
    • What browser are you using + version?
    firefox 38.0.5
    • What game + platform do you play on?
    FB VC/PC + Armor VC, the refresh page is actually worse for me though on Armor
    I'll even include my internet speed to rule that out
    Capturest.PNG

running a HP laptop
    CapturePC.PNG

11. Reg Hahn

Reg Hahn Member

Firefox was terrible this morning.. only in regards to LCN via Facebook, everything else was fine. I've now switched to IE 11 and, much to my surprise, LCN is running much better. I only keep IE as a last resort but this is one time that I'm glad I did :)

12. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

We had a DB failure on LCN this morning that was likely the issue - http://forums.kanoapps.com/threads/lcn-database-failure.15923/

13. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

I am on a mac, using Maverick OS and Google browser and get the loading refreshing in the games.

14. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

yeah I saw it. Just had too bad of a headache to be messing with it.

As I said, sent to the email address as requested. Alas, I missed that part too ;)

15. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

There is a specific email for this one.

As a side note I usually get a response within 3 working days unless it's a holiday or some other broadcasted delay.

Kirsten likes this.
  16. Chasity

Chasity Well-Known Member

Ooops, should have put my comment here in this thread; thanks M7tch for pointing it out! :)
    I"m finding the same to be true (lag between hiitting/clicking & response time); it is slow to respond regardless of which browser or computer/tablet I'm using. This morning my usual favorite sport of bounty hunting was hampered & unplayable by the 6-10 sec. delay, to the point where I missed every bounty put up; normally very easy kills. (PC, Armor)

Chasity, Yesterday at 11:42 PM (from http://forums.kanoapps.com/posts/132015/ thread)

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  17. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

91 ms response time is pretty good. Anything close to 1 second?

18. greatM

greatM Active Member

Hi, I've just now found this thread from mi7ch posting the link.
    The first thing I would like to say is; since the sever migration, when it is working well ( often ) the game ( pirate clan the only one I play ) is less mem hungry and has a noticeable reduction in latency.
    Recently there has been more frequent times that things like chat has reset, some actions in the game have caused loading pop up and hanging, but doing another action can clear that instantly at times.
    and some of our team have notice extended latency issue periods which I am not seeing.
    ill repost when i have more info :)

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
  19. GoddessFreyja

GoddessFreyja Active Member

• When did you first start to notice a decrease of performance? For a couple of months occasional lags or refresh messages. Past 2 weeks, getting refresh message and/or lags all day long.
    • Are specific specific actions slow or all? Refresh/lag usually happens when attacking boss, attacking other players and during guild war. But it also happens when moving between pages.
    • What browser are you using + version? Google Chrome, newest version
    • What game + platform do you play on? (Platforms are Facebook, Kano Play, Kongregate, Armor) Viking Clan, Kano Play

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
  20. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Thanks to those that have sent in screencaps.

I have responded to those that appear to have hit DNS resolution latency with additional tests to see if the issue lies with their local DNS resolution servers or Amazons DNS Service that we are using.

Other players that I have not responded show time spent waiting which could be slow serverside responses (which should show up in our logs) or could indicate overall network latency. For those accounts, I have logged in as them, loaded pages but see similar/same latency as my account.

If you are hitting +1 second responses and can screencap the info through google chrome tools, please do and send it in an email to support+performance@kanoapps.com

AlterEgoT likes this.