[PC] GIFTING

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by scarecrow, Jun 9, 2015.

1. scarecrow

scarecrow New Member

What in the world is wrong with Gifting....... Why has the extra step been added where you get the screen asking if it is alright to send even if you have the box checked, not to show it????

Send This Pirate Clan Request ?
    To XXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Preview
    [​IMG]
    Tom Haake sent you a gift:
    [​IMG]
    Here be the Deck o' Cards for your Pirate Clan. Could you help me by sending a gift back?
    _X_Don't ask again before sending requests to XXXXXXXXXX from this app.

It seems to me that many are just giving up on the process, as I have lost about a third of my usual gifters...... This is a real pain and I can not believe there is not already a thread on this unless I missed it.........

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
  2. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Oh there are a few threads on it lol

3. Mabest

Mabest Well-Known Member

Scarecrow - this is an issue between FB and Kano. Kano is aware of the problem and is attempting to get some help from FB on this issue. It may never be fixed. I recommend that you do all your gifting, etc. from Kanoplay Server. No issues there.

4. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

One of our devs have been back and forth with Facebook about this a few times and unfortunately it seems to be a side-effect of the recent mandatory upgrade to accept Facebook's new API. To get that box to disappear on Facebook you have to have given the app access to your friends list and be friends with the target recipient of your gift. There are other solutions as the other comments have mentioned. :)

Mabest and Kirsten like this.
  5. Mabest

Mabest Well-Known Member

I'm not refriending all my clan. That is more than I care to do at this point. Gets crazy. :)

6. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Mi7ch. I think Facebook told you a lie. A lot of the boxes popping up i am friends with in game and out of game on facebook. And they pop up still on them also. Still waiting for the accept all send all solution to gifts. It would resolve this issue. Create a box let us check off 100 clan mates who we choose. And as long as they have a gift in their wishlist it automatically goes to them. And they do the same. And it will be a saved list so you just go back everyday. And at anytime you can edit that saved list to remove players or add new players.

Old Salt likes this.
  7. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

Yep. Send all button. Bypass the facebook nonsense. We'd need that even if this wasn't an issue. But since it is we need it now more than ever.

8. Sheryl Wertz

Sheryl Wertz New Member

Many times we see other game request popping up like spring dandelions and each new game affects the old ones settings.