Autoleveling

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Dcasso, May 8, 2015.

1. Dcasso

Dcasso Well-Known Member

Hi Kano.

I wrote to you guys back in October and December last year about the the autoleveling tools being use on kong and the following is some of the replies I got from those two conversations. :

First:
    We are always working on improving our detection systems for automated game play, and we do take actions against accounts that show a strong correlation to this type of behavior. I'm sorry to hear that you have the impression that we don't, as we work hard to investigate accounts that are reported to us along with the ones that our systems detect. If you have suspicions of particular players that are using scripts, bots, and other automations for competitive advantage, I would encourage you to report them to us so that we can investigate.

----

Thank you for your reply, and for clearly outlining your concerns and the perception that players have of our detection and limits. We do have a number of things in the works, and are actually currently planning more. It's good to hear from players such as yourself what would have the most impact, both on game play and for what would be the most noticeable.

I do appreciate your input, and I agree that preventing and limiting actions makes more sense than removing members of the community. I want to assure you that these are things that we are looking into.

Second:
    I appreciate your suggestions, and will bring them to the team - we are always working on improving our detection and prevention techniques for players that use automated play, and it's always good for us to hear from players like yourself on what you are seeing in game.

----

Out of curiosity, have you done anything against it since, because it is soo easily detectable, but apparently not for you guys, so how could we maybe help you. We are now talking about over 8 months where it apparently has been allowed to use tools to level, so are we to understand that it is okay, and that the rest of us should use them as well.

Best regards,
    Dcasso

2. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Our efforts to discourage players who use automated tools is an ongoing one. As we mentioned in the messages we are always working to identify and stamp out usage of tools. The reverse of that is new ways of automation are always being made so when we remove the ability to use one set of tools another crops up. It is a continuous effort, but one that is worth doing. :)

We'll be updating our Manual Freezes and Tracking post today to reflect the recent changes we have made on this front. If you have any more specific information around these tools, Support would love to hear from you.

3. Dcasso

Dcasso Well-Known Member

I just don't get how it can be hard to stop an automation tool that post the same request 1000 of times a minute. It is impossible to be so fast for a human, and the same request done flawlessly by a system shouldn't be hard to detect.
    Pretty sure you know which tool I am talking about.

4. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

We have a lot of systems that start to introduce significant gameplay blockers at a very low threshold where automation is concerned. It is simple for us to detect these actions and we have a lot of efforts in place and upcoming to help stop this when/where we find it.

5. Dcasso

Dcasso Well-Known Member

Well how can people then use a tool that does the same thing over and over at a minimum of 5-10 times faster than any human, day af day, month after month. The same program has been in use for a loong time now, and people have used it for 5-15k attacks a day.

So many players are frustrated, but have stopped complaining, since nothing seems to happen.

Jess and Kirsten like this.
  6. The Navigator

The Navigator Active Member

These guys are easy to find. Check the ones with "too many" hitlist kills and fight wins.

7. Dcasso

Dcasso Well-Known Member

Yeah, it is sadly clear that kano has no intention of doing anything against it, so I might as well start to use fiddler and other tools. Seems to be okay by Kano

8. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

We always take action where we find indication of the use of automated tools. Please do not use third party programs or you will find yourself under the spotlight of Support.

9. Dcasso

Dcasso Well-Known Member

Sorry Mi7ch, pretty sure most that read your reply will laugh at that one. Nothing is being done against it, or at least, not a single account has be banned, frozen for a period or anything else to discourage it. And I do not believe that it is hard to track players that attack faster than what is humanly possible.
    Had hoped we could look into some ways to stop it, but I see the usual Kano response, and I mean no disrespect against you.

Some ideas that could have been discussed could be max humanly possible attacks for a given period threshold, mouse tracking, requiring a different identification pr attack or randomly changing the type of request needed. (and not something like the 14 hitlist kills => close browser for ½ hour concept :)

10. Dcasso

Dcasso Well-Known Member

Well Mi7ch, we have understood that autoleveling, bots for rigging when being listed, auto-ambushing, auto-hitlist attacking apparently isn't something you wanna do much against.
    This is the latest result for it, and yes it is a rather big spender:
    "thanks for all the kind words guys,i love playing with you guys,i just dont want to invest the time anymore ,its not about winning,im just tired of all the alts and cheats,some of it really makes no sense,and i wont invest the time needed anymore.......cheers"

So yet a player gone because of the cheating :( and a guy I have know for a long time in the game.

11. The Navigator

The Navigator Active Member

Who said this? o_O

12. Dcasso

Dcasso Well-Known Member

Well, I know Kano can look that up easily or pm me :) Don't want to post names, more interesting in actually seeing something being done to solve, what is causing legit players to leave.

13. Brian Rose

Brian Rose New Member

So everyone that has a lot of fight wins is cheating? I spend 2-3 hours a night levelling and putting in the time and effort. Also I set aside time for playing the hitlist. Mostly when i get up first thing when I know not many are hunting. I'm sure others do similar things and they get rewarded for their time and effort in the game.

The Navigator likes this.
  14. Dcasso

Dcasso Well-Known Member

Hi Brian, that is in no way what I refer to.
    I refer to doing 5k attacks in 15 minutes => autoleveling. What you are doing is play standard leveling.
    Auto hitlisting: Having a script running that checks for hitlist, if there is on, it attacks for you. You don't even have to be near the screen

Last edited: May 28, 2015
    Brian Rose likes this.
  15. Jess

Jess Active Member

Way too many times I've caught people leveling and me being unable to attack them because of the 'player is currently under attack' message. When they turn on their machines its impossible even to punch them. I wonder how it does not overload your servers with the amount of request that software sends, hehe.

Also, I agree with @Dcasso. Something should be done about this, and yes, you will lose players, but perhaps in the long run, you will gain more since the game will be cheat-free? :rolleyes:

16. foxysiren

foxysiren Well-Known Member

All I can say to this is a big fat LOLOLOLOL. I currently sit 2nd on overall world rankings for hitlist kills on FB Lcn and I'm not a cheat.

I know this thread was aimed more at Kong Lcn but I have to echo what Jess said with regards to the 'player is currently under attack' this happens on Facebook Lcn also. More noticable in warmode when a player has a healer on...Amazing that you have to try 3 or 4 times to punch someone to get your points!

The scary thing that has been noticed just lately on Facebook Lcn is the people leveling and hunting at the same time and OH YES they know who they are!

The Navigator and Jess like this.
  17. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

GOING TO CATCH DAVID Well-Known Member

LOL If you ever listen to chat on Kong LCN all you hear is accusations about how everyone is cheating, how everyone must be sharing accounts, and how everyone must be or has alts. if people spent half as much time just playing their game and Kano could spend as much time as they claim to dedicate to finding cheats to developing new and interesting facets to the game itself, maybe we would not be losing players or failing to bring in new ones. People love to blame other people for their failures both in life and in the game.... if it not the RAIDS, it is BA, if it is not the structure of the game it is how the spenders dominate. If it is not about spending it is about the time of the BA or the calendars. It is a FREE game and if you don't like it, find a new game. OR please just shut up and play your game and focus more on enjoying it rather that finding all the issues because you suck.

18. Dcasso

Dcasso Well-Known Member

Such a negative attitude. I am just sorry to see good players leave that are spending cash because some are cheating with leveling without even having to be in front of the computer

19. GOING TO CATCH DAVID

GOING TO CATCH DAVID Well-Known Member

I am not being negative by just pointing out the truth. You spend more time complaining than you do playing and it seems you have made your life goal to try to call everyone who you think must be doing something wrong a cheat just because they are leveling, or hunting better than you, or finding some other way of being more successful than you. Do you ever stop to think that some people actually do play here for hours on hours with many leveling partners, spending cash, and addicted to looking for targets on the hitlist? Maybe it is just possible not everyone you seem to accuse is using a script or cheating but just playing hard without a life. It really seems like you would be better off focusing on playing the game rather than the time you spend complaining about everyone else.

20. foxysiren

foxysiren Well-Known Member

Tbh I don't fall into either of those categories but I do know a cheat when I see one!