Flash on FB

Discussion in 'Bugs/Issues' started by Mabest, Apr 23, 2015.

1. LaScepter

LaScepter Well-Known Member

I just sent 12 gifts and 5 times it flashed and required me to click send on the FB white box....and yes they are my FB friends and have been for yrs....

Kirsten likes this.
  2. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

For right now I cannot find a way around the "White Flash". It seems to be the nature of the beast and behaves differently depending on your browser.

As for it still requiring you to click Send even if you have selected the "Don't ask again" I can no longer reproduce this. Perhaps try to uncheck and then recheck that box and see if that fixes it. From my testing yesterday and today this is working as it should.

LaScepter likes this.
  3. Tony Cecil

Tony Cecil Active Member

It's doing it to me as well. I figure since the update it'll have to be done once per person again. Before update it always required me to click send on a new squad member once if i checked the "do not ask me again" box. It's a pain.

JADES and Kirsten like this.
  4. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I thought same thing (1 per person again) but this is not the case, at least on my side. I waited 2 day's before posting just to make sure. :confused:

Tony Cecil and LaScepter like this.
  5. LaScepter

LaScepter Well-Known Member

Yeah i also have checked and unchecked the box...not sure why some require it and some dont...but i also have noticed on the FB side they are busy doing something as i have had a few settings in F need to be reset..

6. Tony Cecil

Tony Cecil Active Member

Now I just feel bad for you. Having to do it once per person again is annoying enough. Hopefully they'll have it fixed soon enough.

7. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I play on FB, not KANO PLAY (which don't have this problem there, I enjoy my chat's) but this crap is just about to make me stop sending gifts back, thank god I don't need them, but others do.... :confused:

Tony Cecil likes this.
  8. Snowtiger

Snowtiger Well-Known Member

Yep, this is annoying. At least 5 times morning and evening, I get the white box when sending gifts. I have sent them tons of gifts before, but now the dang box wont go away until I click ok :p

9. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

Easy fix. "Send all" button. :cool:

10. Ray Ford

Ray Ford Member

What ever is causing it, it only seems to be getting worst. It seems to remember some of the time I have sent gifts to people and does not ask over and over again to "send" and "Do Not Ask Again". But it seems on every day gifters it never seems to remember. Please do what you can to get it fixed.

11. slayer serge

slayer serge New Member

if you don't click the flash box dose the other player still get his gift ?

12. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

There was a time when we had to click through at least five of those windows just to send one gift. They have streamlined it considerably but still we should just be able to click without any return windows.

13. Mabest

Mabest Well-Known Member

This FB box popup for non-friends is getting really old. I realize this is communication between the game and FB as I don't have this issue on Kanoplay server. The problem is, the box will continue to popup for the same people you send a gift or a boost too. It is really getting frustrating as it slows down game play.

14. robbin gordon

robbin gordon Well-Known Member

not only is the issue still there on LCN fb, it is getting worse. this has got to be fixed.

15. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

We have filed a big with Facebook regarding the Request dialog boxes not respecting the "Don't ask again" permission but we have yet to hear back from them. At this point it is out of our hands so I too am very curious as to what they have to say. I will be sure to report back findings once we have something to share.

Tony Cecil and robbin gordon like this.
  16. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

I have tried unchecking the gift box and then checking it ,not sure it is making a difference,yet.

17. Mabest

Mabest Well-Known Member

Any news on when this problem of communication between you and Facebook will be fixed?

18. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Smack is reaching out to Facebook via alternate channels to see if he can get this expedited. He or I will update the task when we have more news. :)

We're as interested in getting this resolved as you guys are, especially considering this one isn't even on us! ;)

LaScepter likes this.
  19. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

So Smack has been looking into this and the way to remove the "flash" is to make sure that the app has access to your friends' list and that you and the gift recipient are Facebook friends. That is the only way currently to make sure that the app will send gifts without the flash. To check and see if the app has access to your friend's list go to your Settings, click on Apps and find the game and verify that it has access.

20. Mabest

Mabest Well-Known Member

So in effect, what you are telling us is that we must be Facebook friends with all 1,000 plus of our clan in order to avoid this problem. This only occurs with non-friends. I'm not refriending all of my clan. Can Kano not come up with a better solution than having to be FB friends with people? Because obviously your new push to add clan with just the invite code means people don't have to be FB friends.