Google Chrome Removing Unity Web Player Support

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Apr 23, 2015.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hey all,

We recently found out that Google Chrome is removing support for the Unity web player with the most recent version of the browser (technically they're removing support for all plugins that require NPAPI, you can read more about that here.)

As our games do not use Unity you should not be affected by this. However, we've noticed that Kongregate has been telling our players to download Firefox to continue playing Unity games. As this notice impedes gameplay and this change does affect our players I've reached out to Kongregate to get them to remove it.

If players on any other networks (Facebook or Armor Games) see a similar type of notice that is blocking your gameplay, please let us know ASAP and we'll get it sorted! :)

2. Jess

Jess Active Member

First of, welcome back Mitch. Hope you had a good time off ;)

Secondly, the fault seems to be with Kongregate. They could've simply added a pop-up that users would be able to ignore, since this issue, like you said, does not affect LCN players.

Hopefully this will get sorted out soon, because many users are annoyed by this situation.

mi7ch likes this.
  3. RainSunGone

RainSunGone Well-Known Member

i just got it on my Kong, dont play it as much as FB/ZS but still...

4. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Thanks Jess, good to be back. :)

And yes this does seem to be on Kong as we're not the only non-Unity game being affected. I've already heard from them that they're working on removing the notice from all four of our games so hopefully that notice will be gone in short order.

RainSunGone likes this.
  5. Jess

Jess Active Member

Well, I don't mind so far. My Chrome runs 24/7 so I wont be getting this notice any time soon (I hope) :D

6. Mirana

Mirana Member

mine just stopped working , without that i refreshed the page or something :p

Jonathan Hurley likes this.
  7. Jess

Jess Active Member

Now you've got me scared :( Hopefully my router wont reset... I forgot the password to my Kong account, and if it forces me to log using FireFox I'm doomed.

8. Mirana

Mirana Member

works now :)

9. Apizzle21

Apizzle21 Member

how was your break

10. Motivation

Motivation New Member

Hi,
    was wondering what was happening I am being blocked only from my home computer...I need help it gives me a crashing type of box so had to switch and play BA on Server 1....I almost was panic

11. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

I only have the problem on my iphone when I log on too puffin, I have mozilla as a back up now but it is horrid. Mi7ch I am sorry I kidnapped you please please please pw kong every hr on the hr to get this fixed

started working again phew the shakes were gettin bad

Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
  12. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

It was very nice, thanks for asking! :)

I did a quick check and everything seems to be OK from our end with your account. Are you still having issues reaching the game?

13. Troy Abdella

Troy Abdella New Member

Thanks for the heads up.. The question everyone has is when is a new city opening up?

14. robbin gordon

robbin gordon Well-Known Member

hi mitch, welcome home !!!!!

mitch, i know it's off topic, but could you please go to aardvarks thread about the loyalty items ??? your input is really needed there, thank you !

15. The Rage

The Rage Member

Well I am not sure what is going on. I have tried Google Chrome, Fire Fox, and Aviator. I constantly get refresh button, frozen page, profile pics missing and dropped chat. I have tried uninstall and reinstall. This has been going on for about a week. FB has been fine. VC is where all my problems start. I have asked the question and there are many people having the same problems . Not sure what is going on but I and many others are getting very tired of it. Any ideas about what is going on and more importantly, any ideas of when it will be fixed ??

Thanx,
    The Rage

16. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

This is not a problem that I have heard of as of yet, and I'm not entirely sure what the cause might be from that description alone but I will certainly make the developers aware. Have you tried contacting Support yet for technical assistance?

17. The Rage

The Rage Member

Kano support or support from all 3 browsers that I have tried.

18. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Kano Support.

19. The Rage

The Rage Member

ok Mitch... sent. see what you can do . Thanx

20. domino

domino Member

u can make Free Key in earth day calendar 1 per 10 hours