Hitlist/Bounty Ideas/Changes

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Kendall, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

I have been thinking about the hitlist/bounty list feature and have had some ideas for some possible changes/improvements that could add some more strategy to this feature and make it a little more fun.

1. Cannot hunt or place hits/bounties on other users when you have negative XP. This makes sense, if your character is in the negative XP there should be some non-critical features disabled in the game.

2. Cannot hunt after a recent death, say 5-min or so. This would a bit more strategy to the hitlist, what this would enable is that if some players are getting on a real streak of hitlist collecting it would allow other players the opportunity to try and slow that player down. It makes sense, if you have a recent death you should have some kind of recovery time before your are out collecting hits again.

There was also another thread started on this topic specific to Zombie Slayer but wanted to collect ideas/suggestions across all games as well as get feedback on the 2 points mentioned above.

The ZS hitlist thread can be found here:
    http://forums.kanoapps.com/showthread.php?t=1798

2. 2nd acct bounty and money transfers

Thanks Kendall for start looking in to Hitlist job in general ..:)

i read my clan messages all time and there is problems with 2nd accts transfer gold ... so if players is level 600 and some one bounty him from level 50 or 200 levels and player level 600 never did attack that before or axe slap ? so its gold transfer !!
    so will be good that you can bounty only your rival or any one around your level 200 levels up/down (+) and (-) so that will help fight with 2nd acct money transfer ... i think ...!! if any one have better idea please post here ..
    Para

3. Vanadium Cobalt

Vanadium Cobalt New Member

Hi Eric,

I provided a huge list of bounty ideas, will any of them be used?

Regards,

Blackbolt.

4. The Whoorida

The Whoorida Member

For ZS this would ruin hunting for the top players since it's so easy for lower level players to keep them in the negative. For the other games it might not be so painful but for ZS at least you'd have to solve the XP imbalance first.

This would hurt the smaller players that die a couple times going for the big bounty. Although really hard, the little guys do get the big bounties on occasion but often have to eat a few deaths first.

Personally I think the whole hitlist concept needs to be replaced. It was originally implemented for the mobster games and doesn't really fit into the themes of the other games. I think the hitlist has two parts that make it enjoyable that could be applied to different concepts:

1. Pay big money to make sure someone dies!
    2. Kill someone, get big money!

5. POG1916

POG1916 Member

Thanks for the options

6. i have to say that is one of the better ideas ive seen.

7. how bout if someone hits a bounty trap,instead of killing them,it places the would be bountier on the list themselves.however much it had cost to set the trap would be the price of their bounty going on list that way

8. umm kinda a good ideal :eek:

9. Griff

Griff Member

1. In VC this idea seems fine . It would take some serious losing or dying to fall too deep into the negative anyways. Now in Zombies I can see potential problems as has been mentioned.

2. This idea has some merit. I may regret going on record agreeing to this one if I get back into VC heavy again but it sounds like a fun twist. 5 minutes sounds fair and I have one more suggestion to thwart other problems. After the 5 minute time out require the user to enter a "captcha" to resume play.

As with any new ideas there will always be people who will figure out a way to abuse them. A small group of 5 or 10 clans could potentially shut down someones game completly. Or actually one person could do so. I could list someone over and over stopping them from playing at all. If you decide to put this into play then you must have some counter stratagies to prevent abuse. Maybe like a limit of how many times you can be frozen from hunting in a 24 hour period. BUT on a good note this will most definitely add some more coinage to the bounty system and get the list flowing again like it used to.
    It's tough to judge what a change such as this would be like until it is put to a real world test.

Thanks again for the efforts to make the game fun again. I hope you can get me interested again soon.

10. Griff

Griff Member

Love this idea :) The bounty list needs some help these days. It used to stay full but now it seems like no one is putting anyone up. It isnt worth the coins as the death doesnt really hurt much.

11. POG1916

POG1916 Member

now this is funky....id run with this...:p

12. The Whoorida

The Whoorida Member

Ooohh I like this one too!

13. if a captcha is added it had better work all the time.i remember original mob wars(not kanos version)did that and it didnt always load so you were stuck being unable to play.

14. Now "THAT IS" a good idea as death count means nothing in z/s it would make you think twice.
    Am I going to succesfully list them or myself...mmmm.
    Or perhaps used every third or fifth ambush...as a little surprise.

15. malific

malific Member

That reversed bounty trap thing would be nasty :D

As for the negative XP, I might take it for PC/VC, I havenĀ“t played MW much, but in ZS it would be kind of tough, considering the amount of XP lost when dying is too high compared to the others and the fight/boss extra XP is not as good.

16. gene illugi

gene illugi Active Member

i like kendalls idea and also the idea of counter attacks working during bounties.

17. *wendah*

*wendah* Member

^^^this^^^

the only draw back is you cant set mult. traps. which i <3

to tie this in w/another idea in another thread, i like the idea that a list wont go up right away. (that right there does away w/transfers) and to tie in this idea, the trap triggers the lister to go up right away but the listee still goes up anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour.

im on the fence about the 5 minute time out. it would help end the ping pongs some people do but it would also punish those who catch a bounty that might be worth 1 billion then another one for 400 billion gets listed right after.

18. the listee shouldnt go up at all.the trap was designed to protect them.

19. *wendah*

*wendah* Member

if it meant u got listed urself and you get NOTHING out of it, you wouldnt list anyone. at the very least your rivals.

some people who have a reputation for doing nothing more but setting bounties will have no more game play o_0

dont get me wrong. i wouldnt care i could only see this as a benefit to me, but part of the strategy and fun is seeing if u can one up your rival. this imo, would end that competitiveness.