Clan/Blacksmith/Workbench

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by theInternet, Apr 6, 2015.

1. theInternet

theInternet New Member

Hi
    I have played VC for nearly 5 years. Not once in the period since the creation of Blacksmith has the interface (workbench) been able to produce/make/describe/reject/modify anything. In short I have no idea what it is supposed to do, how it works, and what is its purpose.
    This I put down to either of two things:
    1) an almost perfect attempt at designing something that is impossible to understand without an aeronautics manual, and/or
    2) an almost perfect attempt at designing something that is impossible to operate without an aeronautics manual.
    Is there any rationale behind this interface? Does it actually do something?
    Regards,
    D

2. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

http://forums.kanoapps.com/threads/complete-hidden-blueprints-for-vc-pc-mw-lcn-zs.14723/

3. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

you need too use a correct recipe too craft, many have been solved over the years try the above link

4. theInternet

theInternet New Member

Thanks George ... I am afraid this does absolutely nothing to help me understand this interface. I have no idea what to do with your link or its contents.

5. Blackcat

Blackcat New Member

Are you for real ?? 5 Yrs and nothing crafted at all ..Just left click on a mouse or pad on item in the boxes and move the cursor to the empty boxes under what you are wanting to make on the right and let go of the left button on mouse or pad and it stays in the empty box.If you need the next thing follow the same procedure.If not click the tab that says CRAFT ITEM ..Done..Its not rocket science.Sure theres things you have that are NO USE at all like furry ear muffs,kougars klaws and the new one bobs voyager but as long as you fill the boxes that are empty with the items that are needed the item is made

6. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I'm sure there are players that could give you a more effective explanation, but here goes...

On the Blacksmith page there are two windows, one that says Your Items which is every item (Weapons and Warriors) that you own. Below that is the Recipe box:

[​IMG]

This is what you want to focus on. There are two drop down menus, one for the different types of Recipes (Weapon, Warrior and Reverse, the last one only works on Elite and Legendary version of Boss Drop items) and one for Locations (each Location has its own Recipe list. The default view lists them all).

Recipes which you do not have the required items for will read "Missing Items". If you click on that it will bring up a pop up that tells you which items you need to craft that item. "Hidden Recipes" require you to discover the item inputs for yourself, but @George Burd linked a complete list so you can go there to double check.

Some players will tell you to be aware of what you are crafting as sometimes you can actually make yourself weaker by crafting away strong Weapons/Warriors into something that looks good but detracts from your overall strength. As I said above only Elite/Legendary Boss drop items can be reverse crafted so be careful if you decide to craft.

Hope this helps! :)

theInternet and George Burd like this.
  7. theInternet

theInternet New Member

Thanks Mi7ch ... that was quite helpful.

mi7ch likes this.
  8. hollie woodes

hollie woodes New Member

dont craft with an item you are using

9. Freya the Great

Freya the Great New Member

10. Brosnik

Brosnik Active Member

I concur - my flabber is truly ghasted - how can anybody have played for that long and not yet found out how it works???????

YodaYoda likes this.
  11. YodaYoda

YodaYoda Member

Believe it or not, there are a few players out there who have no interest in joining a guild, have no interest in making friends in the game, and whose main goal is to frustrate other players in the game, such as hitting and then hiding in hospital. I personally don't understand what the point of playing if they spend 80-90% of their game time in hospital. Oh well, it's their choice.

12. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

Drag and drop is the key to crafting the hidden recipes. Not sure anyone mentioned that and the gifts/items you need, if you don't drop them right in the empty boxes on the right, do fly off it you are not precise in your dropping. If you are wrong, they don't stick when you test them. You cannot do any crafting with with a phone / tablet in my experience: you need to mouse it.

13. YodaYoda

YodaYoda Member

Yes, you are correct. I also found that you also can't update your gift wishlist via phone.

14. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

Crafting as is, is a challenge and some would say skill requiring more thought as there is no "hovering" to say what it is you are using, like there is on the Profile | Battle Strength | Weapons or Warrior listing.

I find when at it in earnest, its best to open up two or three tabs and when crafting, compare your battle strength ( Profile | Battle Strength | Weapons or Warrior) before and after any move. If u do them one at a time initially, you will see the effect.

Its best also to look in advance of where you plan to be in the game in time, and get the gifts you will need for when you get there. To get gifts, you have to give gifts and not just ask for them. If something is vital put only one item in your Gift Wishlist (Define the Gifts you would like your Chieftain's to send to you) on your profile. Or fill all space with the same item. Post in the Social feed too what gift it is you want and magic ... you will get it sent to you via your clan.

DeanTheGreat likes this.
  15. Brosnik

Brosnik Active Member

What I find hard to understand is how you can even look at the blacksmith page and not know how it goes. It even says 'Drag and Drop' in the boxes that you have to fill to craft items. Perhaps a new pair of glasses might help, or laser surgery on the eyes perhaps? Should have gone to Specsavers. :cool:

16. Brosnik

Brosnik Active Member

That's good advice Kel and something I keep on telling my Guild from time to time for any newbies who join since I last said it. Look ahead to the things you cannot yet craft and see what you need to collect now to get the goodies later when you reach the right level.

I also do the same as Kel and encourage them to only craft one item first. Check your battle strength before you craft and note your attack and defence stats. Then craft one item and go and check your stats again. Did it improve your stats or reduce your scores? Not everything is good as there are hidden booby traps in there to destroy your stats and make you weaker after you have crafted some items. ALWAYS CHECK FIRST. On that basis, some goodies are incredibly good and worth collecting 1000's of the required items because they are such brilliant upgrades. Some are fairly ordinary but some are really good and worth hitting the relevant bosses a lot to get the drops needed for those upgrades, or get the ingredients on your gift lists asap.

Kel the Merciful King likes this.
  17. Lord Lenard

Lord Lenard New Member

18. Lord Lenard

Lord Lenard New Member

Hi does anybody know the hidden recipe for the Aegir's Trident? thank's

19. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Capture1.PNG