In-Game Message Ideas

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by daz, Mar 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. By the way i love new messages on MW;) Thanks Mr Freeze

2. filthy killer

filthy killer New Member

Messaging

the game needs a better messaging system in the game, the pretyped messages r horrible, we should b able 2 message any1 in the game, not only our squad, major down fall in the game,

3. Quake

Quake New Member

From may experience people generally do not know how to communicate like they typically would and it quickly becomes something it shouldn't be.

4. Eric

Eric Administrator

Correct, if we turned on open messaging for people outside of your Squad, it would turn into an instant wasteland of verbal abuse and support issues. We are however planning a redesign of the messaging system for usability, during that process we'll also look at ways to make the system better to communicate with.

5. Big Ken

Big Ken Member

Keep up the GREAT work KANO.

6. The Whoorida

The Whoorida Member

How about an option for a few custom pre-defined messages? Something like each player gets five custom message options and after those messages have been defined it would cost UN points to redefine them?

7. POG1916

POG1916 Member

am loving this idear...and thrilled with the ones over in LCN

how about even for now..AWW im sorry did that hurt ya ???:p

8. new message needed

some wonder why i list them for seemingly no reason.well this message here is needed to answer it.

"You blew up a boss when unlocks were asked for" or something like it.

9. Das liebe Beil

Das liebe Beil Well-Known Member

Additional messages ingame

I have again and again encountered the problem, that the current messages were not enough to express what I wanted to say.

I have compiled some messages that I would find helpful.

You fool!
    You're going to pay for this.
    You're annoying me.
    Stop bothering me.
    I won't clan up. (We really need that one. Some people don't understand a simple No. and under Level 300 you can't get them.)
    Go on! Give me those XP!
    You can't win. Give up.

If other members have suggestions, you're welcome to bring them. And I hope Kano can implement at least some new messages.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
  10. skjold

skjold Member

I need: "Hi. Ready for a friendly battle?"

and

"You hit and hide piece of shit! Eat my axe!" :D

11. that pretty much covers it.

12. you started this,now finish it.

13. Das liebe Beil

How shall I finish it?

I have suggested it here, in hopes that someone with more weight than me sees this, agrees and might have a suggestion on how to get the needed persons to see this. I am open to suggestions.

14. lol i meant as a message

you started this now finish it.

i meant add that as a message

15. Das liebe Beil

Other nice messages I could need would be:

I can do this all day.
    I'm bored and you are there.
    You brought this upon yourself.
    Stay away from my guild! (seperate or in conjuncton with) Your fight is with me!
    Come out, come out wherever you are!
    Take it like a man.

You suggestions are good, too, Atheistic and skjold. We could really need those messages.

16. Jager

Jager Member

Message system

Is it possible to add a pre-written message "You attacked a squad member."

Recently, I received a "Why are you picking on me?" message after punching a player who was punching one of my squadmates. None of the pre-written messages currently address that sort of situation.

Thanks,

Jager

Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  17. striborg

striborg Member

there is one that will basically let them know, if they use their head, "it's nothing personal, its just business.

18. one id like to see is

"you started this,now finish it" OR "don't start something you cant finish"

and id like seeing that on all 4 apps.

19. Relentless

Relentless Active Member

I'd like to see, "Fight your own battles." and "I killed your buddy to." Or "I killed your alt to."

20. Matthias

Matthias New Member

I think we should just be allowed to say what we want. I've had too many times where the pre-written messages just weren't cutting it. I've just given up on messaging people sometimes because I can't say what I need to say. This needs to be implemented a.s.a.p.! "why did you attack/kill me, I did nothing to you?" "why are you attacking me multiple times when I only attacked you once?" "why did you de-squad me?" Those are just a few examples of things I've wanted to say, but couldn't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.