Re-using old artwork on calendars

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Rag Na Rok, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Rag Na Rok

Rag Na Rok New Member

Dear Kano, I have noticed that again you have re-used an old pic (this time from May 2012) for a calendar event. Considering the amount of cash some players pump into this game do you please think you could draw original artwork every time..? Some of us collect these things and so easily notice background pics that have cropped up before. Plus the file name when you download it actually has the original date in it (calendar May 2012 for the 5 day one just finished). I know it's not a huge issue, but surely it can't cost that much to draw original pics each time..?

Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
    kevinmalo likes this.
  2. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

So an interesting fact about Kano is that we only have two full-time artists and they have to do all the art between them for the four games, plus any other art-related needs that crop up. I'm sure that they would love to make a new Calendar for every event, but it depends on their workload and what the content creation person sets out for them to do.

I'll definitely pass your sentiment along, and we can make some adjustment to how/when we re-use past Calendars. :)

3. Rag Na Rok

Rag Na Rok New Member

Thank you Mich. I appreciate your response, perhaps another answer in that case would be fewer calendars..? They used to be special when you first started doing them, years ago. I know you're going to say 'well, they're so popular, people want them'... but I personally could live without the additional 5-day ones - a monthly one and an occasional weekend is just fine - less demanding on your artists and your player's time too.