[LCN] Raid Boss Walkthrough and Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Bocce

Bocce Member

Mitch,

You have a problem. The raid group health is not reflecting the proper amounts it should for those participating,

2. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Re-pasting from the previous page:

The Party needs more attacks to be wiped, as opposed to when the Party Health was much higher and it required less attacks, so Party Health has been adjusted to match.

I'll discuss changing this with the developers for future Raid Bosses.

3. Bocce

Bocce Member

So if this was true the statement no changes were made from previous raid is false. My raid group almost died because multiple people attacked.

4. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Party Health calculations have changed for almost every Raid Boss, but since that calculation is not openly available it has never been added to the patch notes. I apologize for the confusion and I'll update my post.

5. Bocce

Bocce Member

I not sure what adjustments were made, but someones calculations are off. I cannot attack more then three times w/o
    healing my raid party. If there is another attacking the boss, the raid group has almost died.
    I really do not mind spending.
    Kano is out to make money, but do not serve me crap for desert and say it is chocolate pudding!

Justin Cartier likes this.
  6. WendelinR

WendelinR Active Member

Come on guys, dont be so harsh with Kano, they are artists and need positive vibes + motivation + love.
    I do like the new raid.

7. lloyd the x

lloyd the x New Member

Im in a raid that has died 5 times due to multiple players hitting at the same time......idiotic move.

8. Blue Nose

Blue Nose Active Member

Who's raid is that lloyd?

I'm not too bothered about this health business as I don't quite understand it yet.

What concerns me is that the health hasn't gone up between 15 raid party members and 25... Is this expected?

9. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

So I was given incorrect information earlier regarding Boss health. Here is the correct information:

Base Raid Party Health is purposefully much lower on this Raid Boss than previous ones. This is a way for the developers to change the overall difficulty between events. The amount that a person adds when they join a Raid Party is based on their stats, not on the base Health of the Raid party, so that has not changed for this event.

It does take less attacks to kill the Raid Party this time around, but only in the neighborhood of a few attacks, so this isn't a significant difference from last time. What is making the difference is the overall lower base Health.

Again apologies for the misinformation as I was working on incorrect data given to me. I've let the developers know that this lower base Raid Health is not very fun and I'll try to get them to change it for a future event.

Dcasso likes this.
  10. Bleeny

Bleeny New Member

The part where people add health to the team by entering a Boss seems to be broken though. There's no change in health at all, no matter how many participants are in a raid. One I'm in started at 68k health, 17 people joined and it's still at 68k health.

11. Bocce

Bocce Member

The Raid bosses are broken up by level forcing people to have low levels with LOW stats. You the developers base the Raid Groups health on stats, EPIC FAIL! If you do that then do not limit level participation. I would rather have 30 people greater then level 6k in my raid to avail myself of their power.
    Also exp needs to be increased. Receiving 20 to 30 exp / energy is to low, and all exp should better reflect a person level. At level 7200 I get 250 to 350 exp points per stam when attacking, so do people 1000's of level below me, but it takes my more exp to level. That needs to be adjusted, not be downgrading lower levels, but by upgrading exp reward to higher levels.
    I will thank you though. The last 2 Raids I spent about 1k, this time I spent 00000000000! I was able to finish my raid with the GF I already had with 5 to spare. I will not be opening another. I hope others follow suit. Raid.PNG

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  12. Sir Opinion Alot

Sir Opinion Alot Well-Known Member

Bocce once i seen this xp dropping a few raids again I slowed down I am a math guy i always to a ratio to see what im getting back in return, I use my own what has been labeled Jamey's algorithm on these and I have showed the flaws numerous times I am glad more and more are seeing the light

13. Tony2X

Tony2X New Member

Please change it back to what it was...this sux.

14. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Based on player feedback, I had the developers do repeated checks on the Raid Party Health issues you guys have been reporting. Low starting Health is working out as it is supposed to, however they did discover a bug where new players were not adding properly to overall Party Health. This means that Raid Parties were staying at the base Health and were not accruing additional Health correctly.

We are pushing a fix for this issue right now and any new Raid Bosses opened over the rest of the event will have the Health added up properly. For existing Raid Parties the developers will have to run an additional check to make sure everything is working properly, since changing events in progress is slightly trickier. This means it will take slightly longer for open Parties to update, but we hope to get that out to all affected groups in short order.

I apologize again for the misinformation given out during this event and I want to thank the players for continually telling me about the Party Health issues which was what I brought to the developers that lead to this fix. Since this is a big issue, anyone who was affected by the Party Health bug can contact Support and they will set you up with appropriate compensation.

Dcasso likes this.
  15. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

Does this mean that anyone who was in a boss where the party died gets compensation?

Or will there be compensation for everyone, since everyone was affected?

16. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Support is handling that on a case by case basis, but since this is a large screw-up on our part then chances are pretty good that if you were on an affected Raid Party then you will get something.

Daniel Pejchl, Jess and Angela Brown like this.
  17. Aapje

Aapje Well-Known Member

Everyone who did a raid so far was part of an affected raid party, so do we all get compensation?

18. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Yes, contact Support and they will review on a case-by-case basis.

19. Dcasso

Dcasso Well-Known Member

and how will we send in reports on raids that we have killed even though the party died based on multiple players attacking at the same time.

20. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

The developers can look into information on your profile if need be.