"Do Challenges" Problem with iOS game

Discussion in 'Bugs/Issues' started by Ray Ford, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Ray Ford

Ray Ford Member

Another new problem with iOS. Was going to start the 3 day St Patrick's Day Challenge on my iPad and went I opened Pirate clan the rotation feature on the iPad locked up (1 bug to be fixed), but the big bug as it is with the "Do Challenges". When I clicked on Adventures and the clicked on Challenges as normal, Challenges opened to Treasure Hunt as normal. But when I clicked on the List By button and clicked List by Calendars, I got an empty page. And after several attempts to get to the Calendar Challenges, gave up and went to my PC to get my 3 day challenge begun. I have not download the iOS 8.2 software update prior to doing this, so I am now in the process of updating my iPad software and will try again once it is loaded. Will update this bug report once I get that done. Hopefully this will be a simple fix and the iOS team can do a quick fix. Also have no idea what else might need repair as I was only interested in the 3 day challenge.

2. Ray Ford

Ray Ford Member

No change with iOS 8.2 and I am running Pirate Clan version 2.3 13.3 MB Mar 12, 2015.

3. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Thanks for the heads up Ray, I've sent this up to the developers and they'll take a look!

4. Ray Ford

Ray Ford Member

Full version number is 2.3.5 should the developers want to know. And I found another problem, when clicking "Other". It open the side view where the notification of other topics are listed including messages and gifts. But now the side bar is blank of all those topics listed under "Other". Of course, the only usable Message are those from non-clan members asking to become clan as they do contain clickable actions. Any messages from clan members offering you an early chance at their Bosses are still "HTTP" and are not clickable links within or without the PC iOS app and have not been since day one of the app.

5. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Thanks again Ray, I do believe that that clickable link one is a fix for a near-future version. I'll make sure to remind the devs about it again in either case. :)

Hopefully they can get a fix pushed out before the weekend for the first issue.

6. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

@Ray Ford we just pushed a fix for this issue so you will be able to see and play the Calendars now. There are still a couple bugs that are related to this that are still around, such as the Calendar list "view images" and the filter being bugged.

7. Ray Ford

Ray Ford Member

Thanks Mi7ch,
    And I thought I was going to tell you of my "discovered" fix. I have sometimes "fixed" apps by deleting them and then reloading them. I just did that and I guess I got the latest and greatest on my reload as the Calendar fix was there. My surprise and I wanted to share my success for others who might be reading this thread and looking for a solution. Now I can go back to my recliner and watch tv while doing my challenge. Thanks again

8. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

i know i use my tablet sometimes at nite time but i am curious what is up with no sign out button?? i went everywhere an looked but still didnt find one...

9. Ray Ford

Ray Ford Member

@justin, I think I am right about this, but not sure. If you open the app via a tablet, my case the iPad app, when you close the app or maybe browser if on an Android, it will sign you out after a time out period. I know even on my pc, I can close my browser and have my wife check an it will still show me as being online within the FB app on the pc. Maybe Mi7ch can tell us both.

@mi7ch, Let the iOS team know that the improvements are good. I can now finally see my armada feed via my iPad. Now to get the "rotation" unlocked and the "HTTP" problem resolved.