Damage

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by The Navigator, Mar 3, 2015.

1. The Navigator

The Navigator Active Member

I was wondering if anyone knows where the damage comes from. I mean, the exact code/formula/function which shows how the amount of attack and health increases the amount of damage dealt and the opposers defense decreases it. I'd like to know how the system works :)

2. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

It is prob one of those secrets ,Kano will not divulge ,I imagine lol

3. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Yep, the exact calculation for how damage is worked out in Fight/Battles is a secret. :)

4. The Navigator

Ouch. Can you even give a hint on the influence of those three perks on a fight against another mobster or a boss? Which one is the most important? And is defense important at all at raids? It only shows the attack I have...

5. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I can only tell you what the in-game Help documentation does (like Health allows you to do/take more damage). :)

For the Raid Boss, Defense adds to the Party's overall Health.

George Burd and The Navigator like this.
  6. Shadowmaster

Shadowmaster Member

No one knows the exact formula but health seems to be the most useful as far as overall damage goes, not just in battles but also in raid bosses, normal bosses and GW. Higher health means more boss drops and damage and I believe the GW skills formula is a combo of defense/health maybe with some attack mixed in. Hope that helps!

The Navigator likes this.
  7. The Navigator

Thanks for your answers! I hoped to see the exact formula but I'm happy with the info I got. :)

LaScepter likes this.
  8. JARVIN

JARVIN Active Member

pm one of the higher level players in game. maybe one of them will help you out. it's not a secret, it's just an algorithm.

9. The Navigator

This seems controversial...

10. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

How so? We will never divulge the calculation, but players are free to try and determine what it is on their own. :)

11. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

in pvp health effects your whip and sets tiers it seems on damage, so if you have 10k health you might see battles where tou give take 1200-2000 damage, where as you progress to 50k health you see 7000-8000 damage. as long as your opponent is near same health. in boss battles your health is THE biggest damage factor, yes you need attack and defense

Chasity and The Navigator like this.
  12. Chasity

Chasity Well-Known Member

In a battle, one's overall number of captains (real people plus hired clan), along with the health/attack/defense numbers, has a huge affect on battle outcome. Pirates with more armed captains (even if equipped with lesser att\def weapons/ships/mateys) will usually win.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
    George Burd likes this.
  13. Survival Streak 0

Survival Streak 0 Active Member

we'll never be able to work it out :p we can experiment and may get close but the critical hit bonus will always taint the results :p

14. foxysiren

foxysiren Well-Known Member

It's kinda like the question how does someone punch, pistol whip, axeslap someone for 1 :D

15. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

crit hit is the easy part its a 10% swing in both directions I believe

16. Survival Streak 0

Survival Streak 0 Active Member

it's a random % each way...at least I'm sure i read that on here before somewhere *goes searching*

Update: this is an old post from April 2012...

Kirsten likes this.
  17. The Navigator

Yeah! The damage dealt by these are also a mystery to me...

18. Shadowmaster

Shadowmaster Member

The Navigator likes this.
  19. The Navigator

20. Shadowmaster

Shadowmaster Member

Not based on that formula. So if it is correct, then no it does not.