And Another One Gone and another One ...

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Kel the Merciful King, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

When I woke this morning and read one message, it said loud and clear to me, that one of my best mates, is done. A very big whale. Gone to new grounds.

Does anyone care? Only players care.

We have done what we could to convey a message. And to deaf ears it was heard.

This is the beginning and not the end.

To HIM who knows HIM, I love ya mate.

Kel

2. Das liebe Beil

Das liebe Beil Well-Known Member

HIM will be missed. HIM set a goal that will in a very short time have been broken due to a feature that is far less rewarding than it seems.

Farewell, old friend, farewell.

Goldykat likes this.
  3. Snowtiger

Snowtiger Well-Known Member

I miss Him already :(

Goldykat likes this.
  4. Snowtiger

Kano, how many of your long time loyal players must leave before you stop and listen? Raid bosses are hurting the game more than they are helping. The arena was a lot more fun the way it once was. And people are screaming for new content such as new worlds to travel to. Granted everyone can level a lot faster now if they are willing to fork over the money for FPs, but is that really what you think made this game fun for us for so long? We have played for years because we loved the PVP side of the game. Now players have their noses buried hitting target after target in either the arena or the raid bosses. And if those events aren't going on, they have calendars to always look forward to. Something has to be done to bring the focus back to just good ole fighting!

5. kevinmalo

kevinmalo Active Member

Dont know who he is but i see a lot of people going .. so sad kano does not care...

Deblovscats1 likes this.
  6. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Trust us, we (especially Support and myself) have heard players loud and clear about these requests. Please understand though that it does take us time to pivot development priorities from one project to the next, so while we are working on getting some more focus on the PVP aspects of the game that will not happen overnight. Player Kill achievements was just the first step and we are looking to see if new locations are something we can feasibly do for our high level Viking Clan players. We are listening, it just takes us some time to move from one project to the next but we do what we can as quickly as we can.

George Burd likes this.
  7. kevinmalo

kevinmalo Active Member

its not about priorities, its about good or bad changes

Deblovscats1 likes this.
  8. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

Far less rewarding then it seems. That about sums it up. Empty leveling cheapens the game. Now everyone can be a high level. No need to put in any work or time. Just take a few doses of Raid Boss and KANO will guarantee you will be where it took others years to get.

9. kevinmalo

kevinmalo Active Member

Hey mi7ch , this is an example of a bad change

Deblovscats1, Snowtiger and Lucifer like this.
  10. Lucifer

Lucifer Active Member

I have to agree! RAIDS have killed the game, sure some of the players like the fast lvl's they get but most of those players will be gone when lvl's are harder to get, meanwhile? the old bread & butter players will be as well, like he said, what took years to do now only takes a few RAID bosses..........................

11. WOADLORD

WOADLORD Member

As long as out there are peeps still pumping good money who cares about the game....grab them while you can. and keep laughing your a$$es off with them! That is what i can hear from all of you Kano. Of course you release the 30k level achievement it is too easy to get there now if you just have a Platinum credit card that you will happily use to get BIG! These were Kano games, now is just Kano money makers.

12. gene illugi

gene illugi Active Member

kano , when you first introduced the bosses i said that you were going away from the battle aspect of the game and that it was an unfair advantage to the boss player over the battle players . no one listened . that gave players with money an advantage . you now have high level players who don't have 50,000 battles . now the raid bosses which guarantees everyone a high level as long as you have the ready cash to spend . not good for your everyday player. so , your losing players who already spend money to give the game to players you hope will spend and continue to spend . i sometimes wonder if your actually trying to kill server 2 completely and counting on fb supplying enough new players to keep replacing the players your losing . you certainly are not listening to your long term players . one of the great things about the kano games when we first started was that everyone was more or less on an equal footing . then you got away from this being a battle game and got greedy .

13. Nic21

Nic21 Active Member

I remember years ago, when I had to restart, do to FB. The first 30 days I was able to get to level 750. Now if I really stayed online a lot more then I did, I might have gotten to level 1,000. But now if people now how to play the game and start playing, if they play like I did. They would be able to play in the BA and may not level that much and also play in the GW and level up in there some also. Then they also play in the RB, I am sure they could get to level 2,000 in their first month. I could be off by 500, but still, many of us it took some time to get to level 2,000. The game is just becoming to easy to level up.

14. Goldykat

Goldykat New Member

I have to agree with everyone here especially for server 2. I've played this game for a long time on facebook and watched so many people pass me in levels. I've spent my fair share of money and it has also cost me a fortune that I can't really afford especially now. I'll be the first to admit that I level hard off the raid bosses here on server 2 just to keep up. Knowing and playing the game with HIM breaks my heart that he left the game because of KANO. I know for a fact that he made many suggestions and should have received much more than he was dealt. More raid bosses, more achievements, more guild wars and more battle arenas will not save this game for long term players. They will just continue to die off and Kano doesn't care as long as the almighty dollar speaks louder than long term devoted players. Such a gentle giant and He's already missed so much because the devs don't care. I know for a fact that many from FB left for the same exact reasons. It's a shame that plastic and $$$ signs speak louder than words and devotion. It won't take long for server 2 to dwindle and die.

15. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

Well I really hope that this shift toward leveling is not some kind of KANO strategy to try to entice new players in with the promise of rapid advancement.

16. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

I woke up this morning and did not log into any of my Kano accounts. I got here via a hyperlink elsewhere :)

To my teams, I am sorry. Its refreshing to not feel compelled to log in and collect this or that and do this or that in a game I once loved. Yes I have other more pressing issues as well but clearly the game operator has made a choice to turn this game into a joke to the history of the game and that does bring greater clarity to one's game time.

To Kano, you got what you deserved. You stick daggers into people's back and destroy the games they play for your apparent avarice, you get that "not logged in today" effect.

I suspect the disease will spread more too i.e. if RAIDS are a monthly feature (confirmed) and you can level over 3000 times in the feature, and "level" -your game rank - is your goal, why bother at any other time with the game. Corollary, if your "game" is centric around other features, and you cannot dabble in Raids due to cost/time and your opponents can, why bother playing a game that well destroys what you have done versus these opponents in 3 of 4 weeks? Ed. note: its seems pretty obvious eh but your reader can't see it ... still!

Evidently *you* think Raid Bosses are wonderful (Cha Ching) yet --> 75% <-- of your players (VC) who voted to this thread "
    Raid Boss: Should they stay or should they go?
    http://forums.kanoapps.com/threads/raid-boss-should-they-stay-or-should-they-go.13888/ do not. The question asked in the poll was as clear as your respondent could make it yet you say this:

"The Raid Bosses have become a pretty popular feature, and we've got them scheduled in now as once per month (in each game)."

Popularity if measured by use is one thing.

If however you consider the "game choice" of not playing them when they are out when everyone else plays them, it might skew the apparent popularity into something else? DOI DOI DOI

The popularity by FP purchases, use of energy and stam, and lower level participation (who the heck owns all these public Raid bosses?) whatever it is "you" measure popularity by, are now game necessaries i.e. if it rains, and your car is outside, it will get wet. DOI DOI DOI

If you however measure popularity of how this feature overlays onto a pre-existing game AS MOST PEOPLE WOULD, and find the player reaction highly negative to even the "quit" stage and the company blind and deaf i.e. you create a game and over 98% of its life, it went a certain way, with something new that is mandatory to use (damn its popular!!!) but it destroys the other 98% of game playtime, yeah you are going to get a POD of WHALES forming at the exit door (asterisk: there is a list of things that changed linearity in the game recently including the absence of content in lieu of the obvious Raid dev and support time [read: locations]).

Before someone throws a stone from a glass house, I have gotten cumulatively approx 3000 levels by my main FB character but I have done little else but "RAIDS" and NOT BY choice. By their existence, I have no choice.

So DON'T count my FP, my energy use and my stam use vis a vis Raid participation as "popularity". I have no favour of them at all.

The pod that HIM is swimming in will not be lonely. I am swimming in the same direction.

Captain Of Industry and Goldykat like this.
  17. kevinmalo

kevinmalo Active Member

agree with you Kel.. aparently kano thinks that a forced feature == popular.. what a joke

Deblovscats1 likes this.
  18. ben

ben Active Member

for years now i asked if they could catch the games up by bringing new locations out ... i sure found that to be a joke ;) its a far clear shame in what kano has done by bringing out the raidbosses :( there is no balance in the games at all now ... its more like a wild card ;)

19. Snowtiger

I participate in the raid bosses for several reasons.

1. I join them when asked because I know some in my clan need my help to kill these monsters.

2. I worked to hard to get ahead of some of my rivals to let them pass me over night just because they may spend hours hitting the raids and leveling off them lightning fast.

3. And thirdly, while these raids are going on, the rest of the game seems to come to a stand still at times since everyone is to busy hitting raid bosses instead of throwing up bounties, or fighting. I have even noticed that regular bosses are not offered as much during the raids. If there is very little going on in the normal part of the game, I figure I might as well hit some raid bosses like everyone else.
    Do I participate in them because I like them? The answer is a resounding NO! Do I think this is a popular feature? Again the answer is no. I have chatted with quite a few people about these raids, and it seems that mostly it is the lower levels who do like them. They like them because they can level up fast. What they do not realize is that super fast leveling will only make them a higher level who can't compete well with those of us who have spent a long time before the raids building a strong account. Do I think more and more people will leave the game if this becomes a monthly feature? Yes! I for one get so bored while the raids are going on that I have thought of leaving myself. Please at least reconsider having them so often.

20. ben

ben Active Member

i think in time the games it self will fold everyone going to get at higher levels and no where to go - like same o same o ;)

Kel the Merciful King likes this.