Screen Locked

Discussion in 'Bugs/Issues' started by Kindl01, Mar 27, 2010.

1. Kindl01

Kindl01 New Member

Please ignore....

Last edited: Mar 27, 2010
  2. merrydeath

merrydeath New Member

Originally Posted by Kindl01
    For the last couple of days, the screen in Pirate Clan is locked, meaning I no longer have the ability to scroll to the bottom of the screen. Any suggestions on how I might be able to fix this?

I have the same with Vikings, Mob Wars and Pirates.. its been that way for a week or so.. any ideas? (reposted)

3. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Are you still having issues?

Technical stuff below:
    All our apps are in what is called an iframe, Facebook uses javascript to resize the iframe according to the html that is displayed through the iframe. When only half the screen shows this is usually because Facebook is not properly serving their javascript file to render the iframe size.

What you can try to do is clear your cache, turn off/on your browser and log back in to facebook.

If their are javascript errors, it would help us to see what they are.

In internet explorer if there is a javascript error there is usually an exclamation mark that you can click to get more info on the error.

In Firefox "Tools"=>"Error Console" to view the errors.

Please copy the useful ones and send them to us. Most likely it will be an error like "FB is undefined" or something which means that the Facebook javascript file is not being downloaded.

4. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Well-Known Member

There appear rectangular boxes that the day prior and yesterday, that opened on the screen. They populated the left side, 100 pixels by 50 pixels, transparent with a visible white border ... There was dead space if you clicked there. The solution for me, was to simply right click on a visible hyperlink in the game, and open a new window, and closing the partly dead one. Could not detect a javascript error message, etc. Others seem to have experienced the same problem, yesterday and the day prior. No evidence of it today ... touch wood. FB platform btw.

5. toeeatingdog

toeeatingdog Member

I can't scroll down on vc. What i have on my monitor is it. I cleared my recent histories and cookies...dunno about anything else cuz I'm not that computer saavy. Any help?:confused:

Last edited: May 12, 2010
  6. toeeatingdog

toeeatingdog Member

Umm...does this forum get responses?

My screen got better last night after 30 minutes or so, but it's locked again, and it seems that I'm not the only one with this issue...

7. toeeatingdog

toeeatingdog Member

Still locked. REALLY irritated.

8. toeeatingdog

toeeatingdog Member

Fixed it myself by clearing out the recent history (using Firefox you can find it under tools).

9. Griff

Griff Member

Ctrl + F5 works every time for me Might try that next time...

10. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

For Facebook users, when you cannot see the full screen (ie. page is cut-off) this is usually due to Facebook serving up a broken javascript file that is cached by your browser which usually coincides to times that they push code updates.

Since Viking Clan is hosted through an iframe on Facebook, Facebook provides a javascript file to include that is used to resize the iframe to fit the content of VC, when users encounter this you can either wait it out or try to clear cache etc to try and pick up a new copy of the Facebook javascript. Usually there will be a javascript error like "FB undefined" if it is another js error it could be our fault but since we have not pushed code today I am blaming this one on Facebook.

11. toeeatingdog

toeeatingdog Member

Thanks Griff! I will!!

12. toeeatingdog

toeeatingdog Member

Thanks Kendall...I was wondering if you guys actually posted on here. ;) So pretty much clear history, try cntrl + F5 or just wait it out are my options, huh?

13. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Yes, Kano developers review new threads periodically throughout the day.