[VC] Changes to the Battle Arena Effective December 7

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Dec 2, 2014.

1. RedTurtleGames

RedTurtleGames Active Member

The description in "Battle Arena Help" should be updated to reflect these changes...

2. gene illugi

gene illugi Active Member

yes sir mr. fielding , sorry , won't happen again . lol

3. Jaegermeister

Jaegermeister Active Member

what hari said

4. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

I find it amusing, everyone knocks turtles. I would sit in def and wait till att and xp bonuses stacked so I didnt need my credit card to do well. I built to survive and many have as well, but because were turtles waiting till the end those who cant kill us get upset. then these changes are made and what happens you all get upset again

Birkebeiner likes this.
  5. George Burd

none of you non turtles are taking a kick to the groin, like us, effectively years of skill allotment has been flushed down the toilet.

Birkebeiner likes this.
  6. Birkebeiner

Birkebeiner Active Member

This would be horrific for my character...
    But, I like the suggestion as it would bring energy into the mix - we have stamina, health, attack, defence and energy skill points and right now the rewards for allocating points is probably in this order - why not try to "balance" the gaming experience a bit. The counter-point could be that energy plays an important point elsewhere in the game. Getting to use energy for RBs once in blue moon isn't much compensation for people who've chosen to build balanced characters.

Kirsten likes this.
  7. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

@George Burd Don't expect any answer soon to your turtle problem as the confusion its at it maximum now. Players are claiming that they don't like the changes, yet they play harder than ever. Just wait 1-2 months until the things will settle down and they might consider giving a chance to the turtles and rethink the perks.

George Burd likes this.
  8. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

It most assuredly will be. :)

AlterEgoT likes this.
  9. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

10. John Luna

John Luna Member

Well,, I joined for the xps and probably will do in the future coming ones but I wont play it. In your infinite wisdom you made it worthless to me.

N3v3r st0p asking, n3v3r st0p.

Darth Vader likes this.
  11. J Couch

J Couch New Member

the previous point system was a good idea, even with sudden death from the outset -- but the, as it prevented the 100 attackers and hide in defense mode from taking over the top spots and forced people to attack to get points...... revive feature sucks. The fun of battle arena was the sudden death feature from the outset and trying to see if I could survive longer each arena - being a lower level player -- but once again you are trying to stretch this out to be three day event instead of sudden death. Good bye arena -- was nice while it lasted until Kano decided to kill it.

12. J Couch

J Couch New Member

Kano - can you please add a feature that will allow people to back out of the arena if they have already signed up?

13. queen warrior

queen warrior New Member

Well I have not yet to enter this BA because I didnt know If any changes where made from last BA (Till now (and about changes)) but I do like the the no health boosts If your going to keep BA as is ! -----also the points loss reduction is also a plus in the changes made from previous BA :) I would like to see the names come back ...but keep the search out --and also after you have been killed your wiped out from saved lists !! maybe just get rid of the saved feature all together? And yes an opt out button would be good If your going to keep making changes just take out the XP you get from joining I guess ;) In all I can say Im happy with the changes you've made since the last BA but still not a fan Of the original changes ! still not sure If im going to participate yet ? only due to my schedule and wondering If your still going to keep making changes to improve on the mistakes you've made ,would like to try and see how things work even though last time I just let myself be used as a Lamb :p

14. George Burd

Can I point out again that the hit and hiders you all reel about, their bonus for def skills is the hit and hide ability. why should kano punish our ability, should you heavy attack skill folk get limited as well?

15. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

The arena in a fighting game is not farmville and people who choose to hide ,well that makes no sense in a fighting game. If that is the route a player wants to take and Kano changes, back to more of the original idea as a way for higher levels to have something to fight in, Oh well, I have no problem with that,anyone that builds their character for one feature that occurs once every two weeks instead of the daily game, has no one to blame but themselves,and build can always be moved in a different direction, just take alittle time.

J Couch likes this.
  16. George Burd

I am sure you would not be so willy nilly with your statements if kano changed something that affected your build Kirsten. Joined 529 days ago, considering my build is obviously stamina heavy, it would take me at least 2 years to reverse my skills now. but that is also thinking I can lvl as quickly as I had for the first year, well needless to say I dont think the next 6000 levels will be as easy as the first 3000 were. But just so we are clear, you keep implying those who hide for the beginning do not fight, you are not entirely right. I merely keep my head down till all the axe wielding nutcases chop each other up and go for the best of them at the end, you know when the xp is worth my stamina

17. George Burd

for the record I think there have been 25 arenas on kong server, I have entered all but been able to play in half at best due to real life. even if I had actually played all 25 arenas I would average 3398 attacks per arena , and 2.64 kills per arena. hardly the "inactive" winners you and others complain about
    Total Attacks:84967Top 5% Finishes:11
    Total Kills:66Top 10% Finishes:17
    Top 20% Finishes:22

18. George Burd

As for my skill choices being useless outside of the old arena, pffft I challenge you to heal your guild in wars as easily and quickly as i do. Very few in my battle range can hit me, but interestingly their no defense build allows me to hit them

19. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

so what platform are you on for 529 days and no actually I don't worry about Kano changing things since I am a balanced build or as close to is as possible and not built for the arena,the arena came way after i started playing, it is a feature i can play maybe two of the times it is set to play as I work and cannot be around for usually two of them.

Oh I see Kong,don't think Kong has been around for 529 days? well at least not for Pirate clan ,maybe ZS and VC anyway

20. George Burd