[VC] Changes to the Battle Arena Effective December 7

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Dec 2, 2014.

1. im the beast

im the beast Member

This is crazy bad I honestly didn't think it could get worse. So what happens on the last day when u kill your self attacking because you gain no health lol. Come on this is just stupid as it gets. How bout this since it's so obovise you want a 3 day ba. Put ba back the way it was add all banned account u know same one u hit list and make them auto revive and let the players revive them selfs when ready or hour whatnot Kano truly u see ur going backwards here very quick I've played this game for a long time and ba has became a big part of my game this really has me think of quiting all togather.

2. im the beast

im the beast Member

How about u Kano play one amongst yourself and c have much fun u have killing ur self for being actively attacking targets.

3. RedTurtleGames

RedTurtleGames Active Member

Well thats why I added at least one kill... Maybe it should be multiple kills...

Kirsten likes this.
  4. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Still wouldn't matter, the players against defense stance would ask for more and more each time.. I'm defense heavy and can get 2 kills in minutes and slap on defense mode if feel like it. What next 2000 attacks/3 kills? 3000attacks/4kills?

Birkebeiner likes this.
  5. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

With this rules the BA just turned into regular gameplay with minor differences. Every 30 mins you have a powerheal with 1000% health boost and players can be attacked until they die without any level restrictions. If you dont play The Gods will bounty you every 8hrs.

As now the key is how big is your Health, tomorrow when the Raid comes out, people have a new reason to make another 1-2000 lvls to make a bigger health, and last longer.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2014
  6. Grand Master Fielding

Grand Master Fielding Active Member

If it's possible, this new arena is gonna be even more screwed up than the last one was. How incredibly incompetent can KANO be? Everything was fine with the way the arena was, and instead of changing it back to what it originally was - you instead screw it up even worse? Are the developers really that stupid? Change the arena back, and start listening to your users (AKA THE PEOPLE WHO PAY YOUR SALARY) or there won't be any more KANO apps as y'all are pissing pretty much everyone off.

7. Birkebeiner

Birkebeiner Active Member

I suggest a minimum of 80,000 hits and 40 kills to gain any XP or score to rank... and I think allowing level 250 characters is a great idea. Everyone will have fun and it will provide players with lower level characters the chance to gain some valuable experience, although, sadly, no XP or FPs - those rewards should be reserved, each and every time, and in every event for the top 2%.

I suggest Kano also offer special rewards for the top players in recognition of their loyalty, and because in game rewards become increasingly meaningless; an appropriate "real life" reward would be a wireless rodent (after all, each event results in quite a bit of rodent wear-and-tear); once a player has won a rodent, they can opt for other rewards, like wrist braces or supports, and maybe over-the-counter anti-inflammatory drugs - all good stuff that would instantly show players that Kano cares.

haggis likes this.
  8. Grand Master Fielding

Having a minimum of 80,000 attacks to get any type of ranking won't make more people play. Doing that will only discourage players from playing. Same as the minimum 40 kills you suggest.

We need to get more in the Battle Arena. Very unfortunately KANO is doing everything they can to make the arena distasteful. And they are doing a horrible job of listening to their customers.

9. Hari Seldon

Hari Seldon New Member

A lot of moaning going on here but none of us have actually tried it so let's do that and then moan (legitimately) afterwards, if necessary.
    Kano are listening - if they weren't then they would have kept the last raft of changes in.
    Personally I think that some of the ideas Kano put in were good ones, just not well thought out. My biggest beef was with higher level players having a ridiculous amount of health. However, I got a reasonable rank in the last Arena and was far more active than in previous Arena's where mostly I log in after it had started to find I am dead already!
    I think the big mistake Kano made was a knee-jerk reaction that prompted a lot of changes to the Arena without testing them out properly or thinking them through thoroughly. Do Kano not have a test platform where they could invite people to try things out - surely this should be feasible?
    I think Kano will get there - my fear is that a lot of people will have deserted before they do though!
    And incidentally, my feeling is that the health bonus for a kill should exist but you should only be boosted to your original health. I also think the idea of a league table (originally based on level) with promotion and relegation would be a great idea.
    'nuff said from me.

10. gene illugi

gene illugi Active Member

i wasn't going to participate in the last arena because of the changes but i did to check how it would play . the arena has always been too stamina intensive for the lower level players . their stamina levels and amount of free god points available is limited . ( god points needed for hired chieftains .) . i'm not sure about the revival option though i guess with the new scoring it's needed . i don't like the no-name bit . yes some gang up on others and i understand the problem but i like knowing who i'm attacking . players can still recognize others by their health and kill numbers .

as for the new changes , no kill reward ? yes the top players make themselves immortal but the mid range players need the rewards to stay alive and now , to have enough health to survive for at least a little while during sudden death . i noticed last arena i was being killed even while in defense mode . i have no idea how long i lasted in sudden death .
    maybe going back to the original arena rules and start over ? i don't know . the tier idea sounds good but i still think you need to somehow lower the amount of stamina needed for the lower level players .

i think we long time players need to play at least once so we can give kano an honest opinion about what happens with the changes .

since i don't post often i want to take this time to wish everyone a Merry Christmas , a Happy New Year ,A Happy Chanukah , A Happy Kwanzaa , a Merry Yule , and an enjoyable Winter Solstice .

May you never forget
    what is worth remembering
    or remember
    what is best forgotten.

11. Grand Master Fielding

Gene - just FYI, it's Joyous Kwanzaa. Please get the PC terminology correct!!!! :)

gene illugi likes this.
  12. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

From their point of view the last arena probably was a big success: players where more active, more played a lot more and spent a lot more than ever. It was normal for them to keep trying, we don't have to be surprised.

13. RedTurtleGames

Good point.... Any other suggestions? Perhaps do away with defense mode all together?

14. kevinmalo

kevinmalo Active Member

As you all said.. you build your character the way you want, defensive stance shouldnt be a problem as everyne can do the same and if you dont want it just deal with it, some of us use all our stamina saved and enable defense because of the very top players get on us...
    By using all my stamina i mean 3000-10000 depending on how much i can save to play arena... and you still call this a hider or a turtle.. just because others just do 100 attacks you complian... i say deal with it and leave it as it was.

Birkebeiner likes this.
  15. RedTurtleGames

I tend to agree with kevin... Let Kano set up the rules however they like and we can adjust our strategy accordingly... Although, I agree that it would be more fun if you couldn't kill yourself so easily by doing multiple attacks...

16. RedTurtleGames

Actually one thing that would be nice would be to be able to heal using energy. (Kinda like the raid bosses)

17. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Players who do the min 100 attacks and then hide in def mode, should not get a reward,period

18. ben

ben Active Member

no matter if they do or dont - some of the changes here should not be ...

19. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

I imagine Kano will go thru with it for the next VC arena, anyway.

20. ben

ben Active Member

i can see far as how many atts and kills they get in what rank they get ...i would say that would be fair but far as the rest its for the birds ...