Battle Arena [BETA] Discussion and Feedback

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Nov 25, 2014.

1. Lawskar

Lawskar Member

The changes I would have made for the next tournament would be
    1. You want more users purchasing so don't put them off by deducting points for dying.. Many want to place so is a concern for them..
    2. Get rid of the killer user link in the event of a death blow... The only thing that follows is yours..
    3. Omit the save function.. Once the attacker clicks off it will make you harder to find.. giving you a sporting chance.. This should be what def enable was designed for...
    4. Slightly adjust battle mechanics so the lowers last more than 2 seconds in a fight.. Maybe employ a max attack amount..

2. Nic21

Nic21 Active Member

I can't believe there are still 621 people still alive. Many hours ago there was around 700. What is going on in this one. By now there should not be this many alive.

Grand Master Fielding likes this.
  3. Lorien Skytower

Lorien Skytower New Member

Won't be doing the battle arena anymore. thanks. it was better the way it was

4. John Luna

John Luna Member

This only serves a small percentage of the players, if even that much....The majority of the players have spoken and you wont do squat, once again this is another handout for the "one". It stinks, worst change ever!.

As unfair as many felt the original version was because they elected not play as a team, it was open for all who wanted to play as a team. It was fast paced and fair enough. This version is a cheaters dream, save your own and keep killing them over and over until you are huge enough to dominate. lolol, I wont play it anymore. I will do something else with my time and money.

You found it soo great, be the king of the mountain on your own...lol, demented even....But for some no challenge or opposition is great as long as they win. Weird stuff man, weird stuff

5. queen warrior

queen warrior New Member

the common sense comment was for KANO :D and I was just saying that they should change the start times maybe in 12hr Increments that should let every1 at some point be able to play when it starts?? and revive thing Is a bust!! :)

6. Kehvyn

Kehvyn Member

I can't agree with this. Making everything equal defeats the purpose of what a battle arena is supposed to be in the first place, which is based on the premise that the strongest survive. If I wanted to play against 1,500 players who are literally exactly like I am I'd go back to playing Halo 2 on the original Xbox. I will agree that a tiered BA is a good idea, though. It'll give the lower levels a greater chance at enjoying the battle and less opportunity for the much higher levels to sit on as many people.

7. ben

ben Active Member

ba was meant for the higher levels for they didnt have a battle list in reguler game play ... lets dont for get that one please ...

Kehvyn and Kirsten like this.
  8. Hagar the Horrible

Hagar the Horrible New Member

Tried the new arena. Don't think I'll bother in future. You really Need to get some programmers who actually play this game.

Kirsten likes this.
  9. Mark Orkar

Mark Orkar New Member

Arena changes did not work well for me. Please keep the sign in bonus so I get something for the effort.

Thanks

10. Brosnik

Brosnik Active Member

It did not matter what I did I only ever had one opponent. What is that about? All I did was die even if I did revive. What a total waste of time that was.

11. Kehvyn

Kehvyn Member

I don't think it's worked out well for anyone. Even the top players aren't happy with it. This BA was honestly a complete bust.

12. Brosnik

Brosnik Active Member

Oh no, pardon me, Kano said the list was now refreshing properly and we could have more opponents. Thanks for introducing that AFTER 99% were dead and could no longer refresh, really useful to be told that - NOT.

13. Kehvyn

Kehvyn Member

It only took until there was almost an hour left. Too bad I already had myself killed hours ago because I was tired of waiting.

14. Nic21

Nic21 Active Member

I may like how I ranked in this, but I still don't like how this was. Seeing the top guy with 766 kills and you jump down to spot 10 with only 73. This truly shows how this was just for the high level players. So they can always be on the top. And if anyone else want to be a high level player, then they have to pay their way to get there. Cents many of use did not start playing at the very start of Viking Clan.

15. Kehvyn

Kehvyn Member

Let me refer you back to a post from earlier today....

"ba was meant for the higher levels for they didnt have a battle list in reguler game play ... lets dont for get that one please ...
    ben, Today at 12:06 PM"

People keep failing to realize that it has ALWAYS been tailored for higher level players. They are stronger. They have more resources. Some are probably even more dedicated than the average joe because they simply have the time for it. At the end of the day, this BA change was an effort at trying to balance it out by introducing a scoring system, even if by only a tiny bit. I ranked at 79, not even level 4,000 yet, while guys thousands of levels above me ranked in the 100s or even 200s. It's becoming very annoying constantly reading how "it isn't fair" or "everyone should be equal" when it seems like they themselves don't even understand what the premise behind a Battle Arena truly is. It's a bloodbath. The strongest will always win, no matter what. End of story.

ben and Kirsten like this.
  16. Nic21

Nic21 Active Member

I am able to level up a bit faster then some people. Cents I am able to get online more often. I did rank 40, some how. Maybe because I did not revive like many others. What I just don't like is how it's always the same people in the top spots. This may have let others go up and down, but they did not. This should change for lower levels to be able to make it into the top spots. I know I won't ever see my self rank 1 or even 20. Some goes with the Guild Wars, the same ones rank the best. And the other things.

17. Kehvyn

Kehvyn Member

I do agree with you there. What I believe can remedy that is to have a tiered BA system in place. So basically multiple BAs that are completely identical, with the only difference being that each have a particular level range to them. It won't stop the "unfairness" that people keep bending backwards about, but it'll make it a lot easier for people to have a better time, and even rank better for their respective tier.

Nic21 likes this.
  18. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

Your Rank is 3!
    Rewards include:
    269,568......worked out well for me, especially if you include the 50plus levels i got and didnt spend one cent

19. I think that everyone knows the big guns will win regardless of the old or new way of arena, the problem is this actually suits them better than the old version due too how they sit on targets not allowing them too play! This is one of the reasons why some of the stronger players didn`t do well because they couldn`t as once found they were unable too get away.The loss of a third ruined it for most players too, this was too harsh a loss for being killed and another reason players gave up quickly. So bring back the old arena and just make that a 2 day only but more frequent :)

20. Kehvyn

Kehvyn Member

I'll get there one day.... eventually.... lol.