[VC] Changes to the Battle Arena Effective November 25

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

High defense players have no more reason to join now as there is no score for staying 3-4h in defense mode after a few hundred attacks. I think there is no more reason either to buy high defense limited to have a longer defense time, maybe once every half a year when they get better with at least 10%.
    If you will resurect, it will be better to load your best attack weapons to make bigger damage and click as fast as you can until they find you. When they find you, from 20-30 clicks you are dead with your low health and you loose one more third from your score. I doubt that you will have time to react and go for defense mode.
    The only moment worth to resurect will be the last minute before the last day, as the last day you wont loose more score when you die for the last time.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2014
  2. Birkebeiner

Birkebeiner Active Member

Your scenario sounds like the way it will go down.

Maybe the only difference is that high defence players won't join the arena - as they may 1) feel that their stamina and time is better spent elsewhere; 2) they don't want to be fodder for the high stamina builds and help them level - the game is somewhat competitive after all.

George Burd and Kirsten like this.
  3. Birkebeiner

The "turtles" have "earned" their rewards by creating high defence builds - is the only way you see "earning" anything associated with frantically playing with your rodent?

Zoonie likes this.
  4. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

YES or do not bother playing, for all the ones who did 100 min attacks and then hid in def mode. YES

Again yes, frantically clicking your mouse is how people win ,not by doing 100 min attacks and then sitting in def for 4hours, there is nothing wrong with Def mode,but they make a joke of a fighting game, and that is not a strategy it is a loophole. They can choose to actually play it in and or join it but now with the point system they won't rank, and for me that is poetic justice :) Way too many people build their characters with one feature in the game,either by just doing bosses, or just doing undead, or by doing just adventures, the game has many features to grow, they can choose to play how ever they want, but then don't cry about it when it does not work out for you/them/whomever anymore, if I did not like the changes in the arena, then I just won't play it.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
    Elle F likes this.
  5. Birkebeiner

Can we agree that this is your opinion, and that it may not be shared by all players? Some people, myself included, appreciate BA as an opportunity to play strategically - not necessarily frantically.

What's being highlighted in this forum thread is that players have different opinions. Beyond opinions, and looking at the consequences of the proposed changes to BA, it is obvious that high defence players, the "turtles", aren't going to be competitive in BA.

Kirsten, to say that people who've built characters that differ from yours, and play differently (without using any exploits) don't deserve anything, is, to be frank, a pretty offensive attitude. I started off by posting my stats and BA results so that everyone could see that I've had some success (I've even won BA), and now, because of the time zone that I live in, and the build that I chose to pursue - you're telling me, "...do not bother playing...".

Anyhow, I'm looking to see if Kano is also telling me to not bother.

More importantly, if the stated goal is to make things more balanced - then my carefully considered question is:

How does giving all the BA FPs rewards to the players who also get all the XP rewards make the game more balanced?

OK, Kirsten, I see you are the "Top Poster of Month", but please don't respond unless you manage to come up with a carefully considered opinion.

George Burd and Zoonie like this.
  6. Kirsten

First of all I never said not to bother, and second of all I am posting my view/s which change when more thought is given to new features, and No those that hide in Def mode with min attacks, that is not a strategy,that is Lame,

I believe there is a good chance the revival will not be automatic, fingers crossed, for me as it is I can only play in two of the time slots, so now I could join if it is way past my bedtime, get killed ,big whooop, and when it is a good time the next day ""I"" can revive myself and have some fun, I don't have to win it, I have done decently in the ones I have played, and I usually play more to get some levels, so if it is an ""option"" to revive, this could work well for me.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
  7. Kirsten

you can have your opinions but if you are one of the players who built a turtle defense then hardy har har on you, these are fighting games,it is not farmville,and don't be jealous that I have more to say then you. :p Mitch has said if a feature does not appeal to you skip it and play another.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2014
  8. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

They do not "earn" anything by sitting on the sidelines and apparently KANO agrees with that argument so now the turtles are going to have to actively participate. They can't just tap a few people and ride out in defensive mode anymore.

Kirsten likes this.
  9. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I am in top 20, and by attacking 70-80% of the targets actually I get better XP by killing my low bosses.
    The sweet point of the arena was when at the end you made a high health and in the 1.6x XP - 1.8x XP tier you could make 2-3 lvls by attacking someone.

George Burd likes this.
  10. Birkebeiner

Well, as you probably realize, I believe people earn rewards by creating characters with different abilities - even the ability to, "just tap a few people and ride out in defensive mode".

On our server, Kong/Armor, we've had great fun battling during the first few hours and people have gotten enough XP to gain a bunch of levels; this initial action has been followed up by another, less frantic and more strategic, game of attacking and withdrawing - which was also great fun, and FPs were awarded to the winners - who weren't necessarily the same players who managed to gain a bunch of levels.

The old Kano rules for BA supported my view of what was fun, and the new BA rules do indeed support your view. So, we have different opinions on what people deserve, and probably a different view of what is fun.

But, Kano maintains that the change to BA is, "...designed with the goal of a balanced experience," so, the question remains:

How does giving all the BA FPs rewards to the players who also get all the XP rewards make the game more balanced?

11. Birkebeiner

Kirsten, you don't "have more to say" than me... you simply say more, like "Up yours... hardy har har on you".

Anyhow, I see you substantially edited one of your above posts, so it looks like you're capable of a degree of reflection, maybe in your inevitable next post you can apply yourself to answering the question:

12. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

The problem with that high defense players have no more reason to join, that the number of players will drop, and the reward zones will drop either. If now there are 6 10FP rewards, 9 5Fp and 30 4Fp rewards, next time maybe there will be half for each one.
    In the end the active players will loose a lot more, as the reward zones will get narrower each time. But they asked for it and forced Kano to make this changes.

Birkebeiner and George Burd like this.
  13. Birkebeiner

Not sure which server you're playing on, but how do you think you'll do under the new regime?

14. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

If a bunch of turtles who sat out the Arena in defensive mode anyway don't play they will hardly be missed. They will be supplemented by people who haven't been playing the Arena because it grew stale with the same outcome each week.

Kirsten likes this.
  15. Kirsten

Yes I edited so as not to spam much not to make you look like anything if ya do not like it oh well and you play on kong I play on fb where there are a lot of players cause it is a social network not a game platform and that also means you do not have that much time in these games not slot of players there so apple to oranges and you do not make the rules on the forum and get to tell me how often I can post you show up now cause of something you are not thrilled about oh well

16. Birkebeiner

Thanks for the support, I'm taking this as a good spirited and fun debate, so I'm fine with Kirsten's contributions. We'll hopefully get a chance to identify and move on to the salient issues. We might even get Kano to come out with their explanation as to what they are trying to achieve by making these changes - as opposed to a simple outline of changes. BA always had a ton of competition for the top spots, and in the last BA on the Kong/Armor server, the winner attacked 35,433 times... So it seems it wasn't a victory for a turtle, so what is Kano responding to, and what's the aim of these changes?

The Kano/Armor server is not heavily populated, but BA events get the players out and I'd like to think we all have fun - my feeling is that the changes will, over time, result in a lower participation rate, which would equate to less fun, and rewards, for everybody. Anyhow, I'll try the new BA and see how it goes - I see that the BA IG popup "help" hasn't been changed yet, and, as always, the devil is in the details, so maybe Kano can indeed get to their, "...goal of [providing] a balanced experience."

George Burd likes this.
  17. Birkebeiner

Kirsten, you're becoming incoherent... Once you get a grip again, try to be constructive and assess if you can make a relevant "on topic" contribution. For example, is "my" question (How does giving all the BA FPs rewards to the players who also get all the XP rewards make the game more balanced?) the wrong one to ask?

18. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

In fb usually I ended up in Top 5 - Top 15. As there are players with over 10K lvls over me I cant make in TOP3.
    How will I do in the new regime, has a lot of variables:
    1. I don't know if I will be available at 12:00 AM Tuesday (actually Wednesday for me) to play Arena in VC
    2. Before I sign up I want to see what are the final changes
    3. If I can put my hand until then on the new best game of the year RPG :p

Kirsten likes this.
  19. FulloutTheCruel

FulloutTheCruel New Member

So let's all of us change the builds - stam, health and atk! Slaughter-house!!! ) That will be fair enough.

George Burd and Kirsten like this.
  20. Justgiver

Justgiver Member

So Kano, you won't let us back out of the BA if we had already signed up for before you let out this terrible news,
    You won't give us a choice between joining the New Arena or the Classic Arena, Nor will you let me delete my account and not become a permanent punching.
    I believe the Canadian National anthem has line that goes "we stand on guard for thee", not "We ram things down your throat whether its good or not for thee"