[VC] Changes to the Battle Arena Effective November 25

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Toker

Toker Member

This sounds dumb, but threatening to delete your account over it is even dumber. Sign up, give it a shot. If it sucks then go back to your normal gaming. You are all acting like there is a 50 dollar buy in to sign up. I say let's try it, when it blows then we throw our fits and get it changed back. Things can not get better if they do not try to make changes from time to time.

Kirsten and Deblovscats1 like this.
  2. Kehvyn

Kehvyn Member

Pretty much this. People are crying left and right, but it's not like someone is holding a gun to their heads and forcing them to do it. Just don't play it then. There are people that are going to like it, and people that are going to hate it. Can't please everyone.

Kirsten and Deblovscats1 like this.
  3. evejoesdmf

evejoesdmf New Member

I don't like it.... You will have less people enter now.. This will be too much like the guild wars. And we have that every two weeks. The Arena was a nice change from the wars. And now we have to use even more FP"S to battle and TRY to rank well. So lower levels will have less of a chance to place well.. It was more fair before.

4. bully thor

bully thor Active Member

have to say not the best idea, points for hits is rubbish my server abit slower than most, in last arena i hit
    Attacks13,664
    theres others that done 3-4 times more hits, strieght away way behind on points, leave it as it is

5. amanda

amanda Member

Thats what everyone not geting if you die stop playing or if you what to play more go back.Or the best part if you can get on at the time of war an you get killed fast you can still play

6. BLACK ICE

BLACK ICE Member

not sure how my comment was altered i never requested to delete my account. i simply stated that this change gets away from the arena intent. I for one will not partake.

7. BLACK ICE

BLACK ICE Member

i must be inept and got it atttached to somethin. wow sorry for the first statement

8. Birkebeiner

Birkebeiner Active Member

Not sure there is anything to complain about. I play on the Kong/Armor server, and I'm in the UK and I have played the game for a while and I'd like to post my "historic" track record and some stats, so I've cut and pasted from the game:

Level: 2323
    Health: 37960Energy: 254Stamina: 600

Joined 314 days ago

Battle Arena
    Total Attacks:6734Top 5% Finishes:7
    Total Kills:11Top 10% Finishes:9
    Top 20% Finishes:12

Some interpretation:
    Considering the time zone I'm in, how long I've played and the level of my character, I've done well in BA.

An explanation:
    For me, placing well in BA has been all about building a defensive character able to hide out until the damage multiplier kicked in (less than 50 players remaining) and then trying to only attack inactive or weak players. My sole aim in BA has been to gain FPs - as my character doesn't have the stamina to use it as an opportunity to farm XP.

My future under a modified BA:
    On the Kong/Armor server where I play, the current BA winner will keep winning, in fact, the current winner will be in a much better position. Players able to use the current BA as XP farms will now get the added bonus of also gaining all the FPs awards. My total attacks (6734) over a period of nearly a year is a mere fraction of the 35,433 attacks the winner of the last BA made. My limited stamina won't make daily bonus refills, boosts, or even stamina purchases worthwhile. Unless the BA timing is good I'd be crazy to join; as an example, I would not have joined this next BA on the 25th starting at 22:00/10 p.m. my time; to explain, after being in defensive mode for over two hours (I could opt for over three hours), to gain both an XP and damage multiplier to maximize the use of my limited stamina, it would be past midnight - not a time for playing VC mid-week. If I don't sign up for BA's then that's one less opportunity for other players to gain XP...

OK, so BA has turned into a reward for high stamina builds, and I'm looking at my build and asking myself a simple question: after a year, what's my character good for now?

PS I know, this post has all been about ME, but I'm hoping that it'll get some people thinking about "themselves" and Kano to think about all of us.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
  9. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

That sounds good to me,and if I have the "option" not to be revived automatically,I am on board and may even when I am able to play again ,then revive myself, to even check it out.

10. Kirsten

Just saying , But stamina is one of the most important skill anyone needs, I do not know anyone who does not strive to have high stamina,unless you want to buy refills all the time, and the higher it is the more you can do.

11. Lucifer

Lucifer Active Member

All I can get out of this is the ones spending the most on f/p's will come out well, funny the higher lvl's always complaining about no one to fight in their range - the mid to lower lvl's just lost ground, have no idea how face book works but I do have 1 on kanoplay & 1 kong, not many play on these 2 servers so its easy to see who is who in BA, can you say cannon fodder? lets let the big spenders lvl out into space & complain about no fight list & more new bosses, looks like the rest will do what they've been doing, just not playing at all, good luck with that...................

12. Kirsten

Can I honestly say , ya gotta know a non social platform is not gonna have alot of players, it was always that way on the old myspace (well of course it was alt city there) but FB is where the players are, those other three Kong,Armor and the old myspace are Gaming platforms, not social which makes a big difference in the amount of players. The mid lower levels have so much ahead of them and so many features that high and mid levels never had and they still played and did well in the games, what you put into it is what you get out of it and I know quite a few very successful players who have played for years and do not spend anything.

13. Birkebeiner

Birkebeiner Active Member

Well Kirsten, now you know my character. I'm not buying refills all the time, in fact, that's something I don't buy at all. I've bought a better character, some limited items/warriors, and I've spent the majority of FPs on buying hired chiefs. I won't argue that stamina isn't important, it obviously is, but at least with the existing BA rules low stamina builds had one part of the game where they could compete - now I don't see an area where my character will be competitive. Not sure I understand the concept of "balance" in this game, maybe the goal is just to equally reward people who all pursue the same build?

14. Kirsten

In My opinion a balanced build is prob a good way to go,if your stam is that low, I gather you are not playing that long,so just keep playing and things will fall into place, The arena was an idea for the higher levels originally but anyone can benefit from the arena if they focus on getting some levels and some drops,if those drops are even helpful to some, But yes Stamina is gold in these games, It is not a race, although some play it that way, It is better to build a Strong character than a quick leveled weak character and Yes FPs should be used for hired almost before anything else , IMO and my experience. Also work on health it makes att,def and stam worth more,ya take less damage,do more damage and do bosses and Craft.

15. Justgiver

Justgiver Member

Why not give us the choice to choose which type of BA to play by running 2 BAs. This pleases everyone.

George Burd likes this.
  16. John Luna

John Luna Member

Why don't you just hand your number one player all the wins from here on end...this is such b/s.

George Burd likes this.
  17. Grand Master Fielding

Grand Master Fielding Active Member

Problem Toker, is that KANO is basically saying there will be a $40.00 favor point requirement to sign up and to win. Right now in KANO PLAY - Guys who are 1/3 to 1/2 my level can currently win without spending a God awful amount of favor points on the arena. This latest idea from KANO is positively insane.

18. Grand Master Fielding

Grand Master Fielding Active Member

Eve Joe is right on here. You're sucking up more and more money from your players. Be careful KANO - you might one day wake up and see no one is playing your games anymore!!!!

George Burd likes this.
  19. Kirsten

I am not getting why some of you feel pressured to spend alot of money to do well in the arena, sorry but I just don't get that,it is a game, if you want to spend you do, if ya don't want to spend ya don't.

20. Justgiver

Justgiver Member

a\Ohh its much worse than that, there is going to be one guild who gets control and then feasts on all the other players as they revive.

John Luna likes this.