[VC] Changes to the Battle Arena Effective November 25

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

I thought they scrapped the revival feature awhile ago, what am I missing here.

ahhhh I see now , ok well I cannot play today , darn back to work , well it is for the VC one on the 25th , never mind,rushing around to leave for work and missed this whole thing ,yikes :(

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2014
  2. BLACK ICE

BLACK ICE Member

If you put these changes through, is there a way that I can delete my account?

I think you are loosing the focus. too much and too many variables.

3. Dobrt

Dobrt New Member

To be honest, the only real change I see is spending more GP's to remain active for the duration of the arena. Will the changes promote more attacking players? I don't believe it will, but what I do believe it will frustrate the lower level players enough to stop doing Battle arena altogether. IMO there was nothing wrong with Battle Arena as is. It promotes people to build to move up the ranks without have to spend or buy large amounts of GP's. I'm now pretty well come and go for guild wars because of the 4 days and reward vs effort/GP's is not worth it, will not do group bosses anymore, and will not do the new battle arena anymore for the same reasons as guild wars.....whats left?

Grand Master Fielding likes this.
  4. WOADLORD

WOADLORD Member

Deleting your account for something you don't even know if you will like or not? oh man sorry but if you don't want to play a game you know what to do, and don't wait for a change in a feature of the game which i strongly believe Kano is doing this for a better gaming experience to quit! Only those that like me started this game from the very beginning knows how boring this game was and it always developed into a game that is not just hit me and i hit you as it was anymore.

amanda and Kirsten like this.
  5. Kirsten

I think it sounds interesting I like the rank system as far as reviving , thinking if and when I am killed I will just leave it at thato_O

6. i am sceptical about the changes as i feel it just falls into the same big gun fast clickers in the end. It just asks the rest too spend coins on refills to remain fodder for the same outcome as there always has been with the big guns taking turns to win it.Knockout is an arena this is just a gimmick too get more coins from those usually knocked out quickly!

Elias likes this.
  7. Elias

Elias New Member

Just another event to drag out for days like none of us have lives to live , I had no problems with the last set of changes to the arena I sent that idea to Kano years ago to break up the group play of the game , but this just sounds like another money grab for likely rewards that won't match up to the money spent and time playing . I agree can't something's just be left alone and not every event in the game needs to go on for days on end . I have a strong feeling yeah people can revive and when they do they will instantly die like they do when they come out of D - mode at the end of arena 's frustration will set in when they just spent gawd knows how many FP's to revive and die in seconds again ... This is a bad idea .

Guardian Angel likes this.
  8. Guardian Angel

Guardian Angel Active Member

Ok I guess we must see first what is all about I agree with that! ;) But I have some questions:
    1. will still have the rewards and our health will grow up with each new kill? (after death blow)
    2. How it will be the Xp for attacking attacking considering until now was growing in time when the less players was alive? Now if players will revive Xp will be same for all the duration of the Arena?
    3. At the end of Arena the rewards for ranking will be the same like they are now?
    4 Will still be the players anonymus?
    I think this are info that we need to know before its starts. Thanks:)

9. Justgiver

Justgiver Member

How about giving us a choice on which one we sign up for? Run 2 different BAs and let the player decide which one he wants to join.

10. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I think the best strategy will be : Play hard first and stay dead :)
    If a revived player its back with his initial health, and the others with their big accumulated health will knock him back in minutes, then he will loose all his score in no time and he has no chance to get back his one third score in minutes vs. super strong players.

Another part, the XP tier: 1.6x XP, 2.5x Strength in battles will be available for 2 days, and the super strong players just can kill each other countless times for a very good XP and accumulating countless high level fight drops.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2014
    Zoonie and Kirsten like this.
  11. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

Trying to prolong the Arena into a full 3 day event is a mistake IMO. It can quickly take over the game the way the Raid Boss does now to an extent. Intense and quick would be much more preferable. Revival is another mistake. You get killed you get killed. That's it. I do like the point system though since it will clear out the turtles and they can't hide in their shells anymore and wait it out and wind up in the top ten.

12. Kirsten

So if we are dead we cannot even see how many are left because in doing so we will be revived automatically whether we want to or not?

13. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Curiosity has a high price, you will loose one more third :))

kevinmalo and Kirsten like this.
  14. Kirsten

LoL. But if that is so I will pass on the arena. :) I am not interested in an a longer arena. Between calendars And raid bosses I am finding I am ignoring my reg gameplay.

Old Salt and Elias like this.
  15. Birkebeiner

Birkebeiner Active Member

Questions only - no judgement:
    1. Will there be an in game counter counting down to the last "sudden death" day of the arena?
    2. Will points be awarded for winning battles that you don't initiate?
    3. Is the 100 attack threshold for being considered "active" going to remain?
    4. Will the XP and damage multipliers remain and work throughout the game, so any time there are fewer than 50 vikings there is bonus XP and a damage multiplier?
    5. Are any points allocated to the last viking standing, or any of the runners up?
    6. Will it be possible to start the game and "restart" the game (upon ressurection) with the "Start in Defensive Stance" option?

Zoonie likes this.
  16. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

This should be changed into: they lose one third of their score accumulated since their last death :p

amanda likes this.
  17. Birkebeiner

That's not what was posted - you lose 1/3 of your score... so, as an example: if you score 99, and die then you're left with 66, then you ressurrect yourself and score 33 points for a total of 99 before you die, then you're back to 66 again.

18. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

As I understand it will go this way: you make 99, you die and you have 66. You resurrect, you make another 10 if you are very lucky and loose 1/3 of 76 and you end up with 50. Next time you make again 10 and loose 1/3 from 60 and end up with 40.

19. Birkebeiner

We're on the same page on this one - that's what it says - assuming your math is correct ;)

20. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

It is one third of your total accumulated score, not the score that you've accrued since death.

1. Currently yes, although we might change this if having too many countdown timers causes issues.
    2. Nope, only for actions you do.
    3. No, because ranking is determined by score.
    4. Everything about the Battle Arena that we did not mention will stay the same.
    5. No.
    6. I don't think so, but you can resurrect and immediately enter Defensive stance.

Birkebeiner likes this.