Armada Wars Discussion Threads

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

i'm not getting my hopes up. but they did finally make changes to the arenas. we'll see if they do anything for the wars.

2. Hellhavenofury:)

Hellhavenofury:) Active Member

odds are they are gonna leave fw alone no reason to tweek ba needed something changed so far the few changes have been positive

3. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Armada wars does need tweaking also. It's sad when we and i will use we since i am part of the armada had to use some deception to be able to get some breathing room in the beginning to rack up some points before these typical three armadas start their crap yet again because 1 on 1 they can't hack it. So they choose to go at one armada using three armadas to achieve this. And it's not going to be just against my armada friends. If it doesn't change once these other armada's get their players together and can truly achieve working together and understanding how easy it truly is to rack up points then they will be the next targets of these three armadas. One armada a few wars back has felt this lash themselves also when we just played to annoy those three armadas and took them down to let other get a chance to win.

Westcoast Gurl likes this.
  4. Westcoast Gurl

Westcoast Gurl New Member

I would also suggest removing the leaderboard. Takes 15 minutes to refresh anyway. Nobody will know where they stand until the end; wont know how far behind or ahead. I like the idea of removing the names per the reasons Jon Ward mentioned in his posts. Might motivate armadas to focus on team play instead of gang banging other armadas. Starting to become more like battle arena and teams swarming other players. o_O

5. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

i personaly would hate if that happend because what my armadas do is use that to see how far behind another armada we are or how close to getting passed by another we are makes us try harder to keep the place we have or get a better one

diva of destruction likes this.
  6. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I think her point was refresh rate is to slow, but yes it still gives an idea where at with others armadas.

7. Westcoast Gurl

Westcoast Gurl New Member

Armada wars is becoming like battle arena where several "team" players or several armadas focus solely "gang bang" on another arena participant or armada. Would like to see changes to help eliminate / reduce the gang banging of others. The team approach to battle arena has caused a lot of fighting (and lost "friendships") among people outside of the game. Same is happening in armada wars. Maybe not for those armada's ranked as B, C, D or E but for the top contenders.

The recent changes to battle arena are a start to reducing the team effect but does not eliminate or reduce it enough.

8. neill1990

it is your choice though if you want to gang up on another armada you dont have to do it. i have been asked a few times by other armadas to join in with them taking down the number 1 on kongregate PC but everytime i tell them my armada is not interested and i refuse to do so.

basicly what i am trying to say is that it depends on the armada you are in weather or not they try to gang up on another armada

9. ben

ben Active Member

armadas will do alot better if they would stay in there own range groups and leave the higher ones alone ...

10. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

yes, but don't the higher ones cherry pick the lower ones? so it doesn't really matter if the lower ones try to stay below their range group or not. the highers will always go after the lowers for the easy kills, just like in the arenas.

11. Jon Ward

You can keep the leaderboards. But it will remain anonymous on the leaderboards. All it was say is Armada and the amount of points. You will know where you stand on the board because you will still see your points. And you can see the points of others. But no more names showing on the leaderboard. And armadas will do what armadas will do. But when you have the same three armadas doing it every wars now and not just against one armada but numerous armadas to prevent them from winning so they can take the top spots something has to change. It's called Armada Wars. Not Armadas War. If it was that way then yes i would suggest working in teams because that would be what that aspect of the game is geared to. Same as Battle Arena when it first started. I wanted it more then anyone but when you saw the team aspect showing on that it did become a battle arena anymore. It became a free for all with who has the most favor points and who can help who ride the coat tails of other players or their numerous accounts hiding and hitting them for higher health near the end just to get a better ranking then the next person. It's called using what you have but it's also considered cheating when your using other accounts near the end to boost your health. Kano finally recognized this and this is one reason why it became pirates. You can't hit your health account that you may or may not have now and be able to stay at the top of the leaderboard. Same way needs to happen with Armada Wars. When players are using sub armadas of their own creation to hunt and drain kills to their top armada Abc1 feeding to Abc the main then it is considered cheating. Your playing with 50 players instead of 25 like everyone else. Look at the leaderboards and see where these top armadas sub armadas rank and you can tell yourself that is all their being used for.

12. scarecrow

scarecrow New Member

I think you are way off base there.........I run an Armada that is part of one of the top Armada Groups in the game. We consistently have TWO teams in the top ten in Armada Wars. We don't feed anyone kills and both are very competitive teams. I don't disagree that some tweaks need to be made, and that some Armadas do try and feed others, but that is not the case with all teams that are playing.

And if we can accomplish getting 50 players to fight under one flag.......then that is a plus for us and others can do it, or try to do it as well. I wish they would allow "Super Armadas" to fight together as it would make it interesting.....or maybe do it the last hour of the war.......

13. Jon Ward

Are you that afraid of change Scarecrow. You just said if you can get 50 players to fight with you but you don't feed anyone kills. Last time i checked there was only 25 on a team so if your trying to get 50 players to help you then your obviously getting fed kills. So what does that prove you just can't do it by yourself and win and that is the only way your making your placement in wars right now.

14. diva of destruction

diva of destruction Active Member

Anonymous Armada Wars is a Bad and Boring Idea. There is an option to hide your armada's identity, (or there used to be one) so armadas that don't want to be known should use that option. No need to push that on every armada in the game.

Chasity likes this.
  15. Why bad? It would get rid of some of the drama and petty day to day rivalry bs...might force a clean game.

16. diva of destruction

diva of destruction Active Member

I already dislike anonymous arena, and find it confusing with all the targets named the same thing, I find myself spending a lot of extra time scrolling/refreshing/trying to keep straight how far down the list of "pirates" is the one I wanted to attack. And, that is just me, one person, playing arena. Now take that to armada wars, and imagine you have more than one person scouting out targets? Mass confusion. I see it as a pain in the rear.

Chasity likes this.
  17. neill1990

is there any reason why FB armada war started hours later then kanoplay s2 and kong/armor servers?

18. Jon Ward

Because it rotates on different time zone times just like arena does. It might take two or three times before it starts at night again.

19. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

on server 2 PC, there are only 2 times. this one starrted at 1:00 pm pst. the next one in 2 weeks will be at 4:00 pm pst, and the one after that will be at 1:00 pm pst again.

20. Applejack

Applejack Active Member

this isn't exactly true. you can "hide" your armada's direct link, but not its identity. mine shows up with the exact same name as my armada in game, so it's not too hard to find if you really wanted to.