August 23rd- Developer Update (In-game History/Feed)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Kendall, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

We will be releasing an update that will be clearing out your recent in-game history feed (you have been attacked by messages, etc). The update is required to free up a lot of resources that are used to add/delete all those messages generated from in-game activities and should improve performance of the game.

A reminder of one section in particular to the Terms of Use for Viking Clan:

List of Things That Will Get Your Account Disabled

* Using more than one account.
    * Using any kind of bot, script, or automated method to play the game for you.
    * Making real-world threats or slander to any other player in the game.

If You Cheat, Your Account Will Be Disabled

* No exceptions.
    * No second chances.
    * No whining.
    * No refunds.

Automation is basically anything that is not you physically clicking on a link with your mouse (or other computer peripheral) to perform the action through the game, ie. directly accessing a link that is not available to you in the game through an automated means is not allowed.

We have been silently releasing automated checks that apply to all players, if you are flagged for irregular/suspicious behavior that is found to violate our Terms of Service your account will be suspended. We will continue to improve this system and will not post any further updates to this community on it's details.

If you would like to report individuals that you think are using automation of some kind please report them here: http://kanoapps.com/index.php/contact/support

We will look into every incident but we will not report back the findings if there are any.

Thank you for your help and understanding while we continue to make Viking Clan a fun and competitive game for all to enjoy.

2. samowen

samowen New Member

This concerns me. I can jump 3 or 4 levels in minutes and chew through bosses just as fast as I can click. My average boss completion rate is 1-3 mins. I have a lot of health and stamina. I don't want to be accused of using a script or bot when I'm actually playing. I also have to refresh the page a lot because your apps don't fully load.

How do you determine if someone is using a bot?

3. all their apps fully load for me.
    and im sure kano has taken security measures to make sure accounts aren't frozen by mistake.

4. They probably have a way of actually "seeing" the bot or script code if they comb through the actual game logs with admin access to the servers. The code would look different than someone just tapping the hell out of their mouse. These things are like viruses for lack of a better word, so maybe Kano can just "virus scan" them out. Most upper level players would have attack/leveling stats similar to yours so I'm sure they will be looking at things other than how fast and how often you play. Possibly sending a human verification message to suspected bots/script users would be another method that could be employed.

5. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

If your not doing or using anything outside the rules of the game....I wouldnt worry about it. My guess would be that.... Kano already has a good idea who many of these players are...and they r basically "firing a warning shot" to allow these people a chance to stop before they're busted. I for one ....applaud their efforts and hope they get every last one of them, cheating is for losers not man/woman enough to compete on their own merit.

Now if we could get em to figure out the missing boss reward thing....i would be in vc heaven.....lol

6. Kel the Merciful King

Kel the Merciful King Guest

Top Poster Of Month

From a player point of view, if you hit someone and they keep healing up, and you hit them a ridiculous amount of times, they might be using an auto healing script (seen this in Mob Wars). Bots in VC to my knowledge don't exist.

Human cheats tho can get access to 2 accounts and play them simultaneously v. each other and this is very difficult to stop or beat i.e. if your competitors are doing this in shifts, you have to level incredibly hard and fast with multiple friends helping you. Hopefully this has been worked on.

7. samowen

samowen New Member

Think again, dude. It happened to this guy. - http://forums.kanoapps.com/showthread.php?t=1622 - Banned and suspended by mistake.

8. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

This post was intended to show that we acknowledge potential abuse and are taking the steps necessary to log the actions that prove players that are accused of cheating can be proven on our end. Also to serve a as a warning to anyone that could be considering or else have been. Our SW is accurate and involves more than just clicking too fast, so if you get suspended there is just cause for it.

Posting any negative, accusations or "proof" will just be deleted and is not suitable for forum discussion. If you have sent messages to support those players have been looked at, and if suspicious then we will be writing detection SW log those actions.

Thank you for your patience and support in making VC a fair and competitive game for all.

9. Thank You Just let me know if You need any more support or help
    as much i know there is no many players voluntary spend 10 hours investigation on one person doing screen recording / screen capturing put together and send Kano Support ..

So far i got lots of support from Kano and i know that Kano have full hands of thinks and jobs... Thank You for that ..
    good idea to send all proof to http://kanoapps.com/index.php/contact/support so Kano can investigate 1 to 3 days or longer

No one wants to be left with out Support or Reply ...
    Some times is hard but all we have to do is trust Kano and wait ....

10. Kel the Merciful King

Top Poster Of Month

Agree 102% Jack. Kano is very supportive with the work they do behind the scenes. They check things out and do stick to that "making VC a fair and competitive game for all."

11. Gavin

Gavin Member

I will also agree that the Kano team is very supportive and hard at work, which is seen in all the latest developments made for VC, plus Zombie, Mob Wars, and PC. And overall the games are fair, w/ excellent battle systems and different ways to play the game, such as boss battles, adventure play and player battles.

My one irk is that a few have found players that are not playing according to the topic terms. There is proof yet these players still exist and per the terms no exceptions... but there are for these few, and if so just tell the VC world and that's that.

And changing names as one already did and now the other really shouldn't be and out. Terms say ban so ban them.

And again since this will get deleted, comment before the Kempeitai, finds out.

12. agree

Very well said Gavin!!!
    If Kano cant or wont ban this player with all the proof from you and para then theres something seriously wrong and we need to investugate why he hasn't been banned, even though he changed his name.. that shouldn't make any difference whatsoever..This player was using the bot late last night as I received an email from another player.So Kano get to it and ban this player before he ruins this game!!!

13. Gavin

Gavin Member

Agreed John, there are many legit great players... and this name changer and his cohort should be banned as per TOS. In fact the soon to be top is on a lot and during so helps out many a players and has great input for players. It is a sad case in which there are two players that flaunt the fact that they play outside the rules and don't care, and even change there name to showcase their arrogance.

Nice reply, and shows people do care...

Again this will probably be deleted so speak up be heard before the SAVAK censors this.

14. Kel the Merciful King

Top Poster Of Month

I think it won't be deleted as the names have been omitted to protect the accused. In all of these cases, I do believe they at Kano are well aware of these situations as you and others have complained (I know in my major situation, many had written in on "obvious" TOS violations) and as indicated in Eric's reply, they will code for some people to catch their acts. If so, godspeed to Kano.

PS Eric ... I do hope you have a Kel rule tho ... if I have to level, I have to (not in the forecast btw) ... its your addicting game meeting my addictive personality :). I do have a few VaCation days left!