[VC] The Raid Boss is Now Available!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Oct 1, 2014.

1. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

It's FUBAR, no way this feature will last with most daily players, take this idea back to the drawing boards and remove it immediately... DMG dealt to receive is ludicrous, doesn't matter how much energy one has only getting 500 upon level, yes I know get some attacking, but NO WAY IN FECK, is it enough. Concentrate on 1 RAID BOSS, sure. What happened to help out others, and not even a viable option?

Ioan Asztalos likes this.
  2. WOADLORD

WOADLORD Member

Sorry to say but this is not a battle game any more, it is obvious that Kano are getting more money wise than to make this game more fun and i explain why,
    1) We asked for improvement in Arena...nothing was done.
    2) About a year ago you asked us if we wanted that you will end the weekly wars or you we would like that you revamp it, the majority was clear and wanted that the wars gets better...nothing was done.
    3) We also asked that in guild wars you will refill us the full amount of tokens instead of the 50 that we currently have, you told us that you will take it into consideration but, again..nothing was done.
    It is ok that from time to time we buy fp's but not this way. This is going to drastically unbalance the game from those few that pay to play to those like me that play for fun, even if every now and than i buy some FP's i cannot compare and compete with those that in one single day did over 100 levels by hitting the Raid bosses and used about 400 fp's.

GoddessFreyja and Lasinagol like this.
  3. Lasinagol

Lasinagol Active Member

I agree Woadlord. I pay to play but am unbalanced as far as inventory goes. Didn't get the items I would have if it was taken more slowly. Like attacking bosses just for drops.
    I like the Raid Boss, except for the health resetting after the raiding party is killed. I took a boss's health down to 3/4 myself and then shared it and someone let the party die and it went back to full health. It would be easier to deal with if its health increased like in the BA, an amount but not back to full. The experience also seems lopsided, comparable to doing more then fifty attacks against a World Boss. To me, the Raid Boss seems like a Guild Boss. To be shared within a guild or group of people that have the time energy and stamina to drive it back into the ground.
    Instead of adding to the game, why not tweak and perfect what is already there? 3 FP's for only 50 tokens is unfair, as you might gain a level if you were lower then a thousand, but it just secures a kill otherwise. Maybe 3 for 100...

WOADLORD likes this.
  4. SkullRazer

SkullRazer Member

yup definitely needs to be fixed the 2 middle bosses are same from same player[​IMG]

5. Lasinagol

Lasinagol Active Member

At least three of the bosses I participate in are doing that...

6. Rag Na Rok

Rag Na Rok New Member

I do not understand why a new link must be generated at all - why not have one link for each level tier and have it set and unchanging..? I imagine it is that which is causing a lot of problems for people. Also I have had, and experienced it myself, cases where one joins a raid boss, does damage and heals for a bit, then cannot rejoin later without another invite..? What on Earth..?? So it tells us we are both in the fight and not in the fight, and that's a tad too existential for my gaming enjoyment...

7. Craig Day

Craig Day Well-Known Member

Looking at this I believe an immediate fix should be done to the Level Tiers to allow more higher levels in. I am not looking to penalize the lower levels but frankly what lower levels would want to waste their limited Energy and Stam without much of a return. Expand em. 0 to 4k, 4k to 8K, 8k and above

Kehvyn likes this.
  8. Kehvyn

Kehvyn Member

I'm with Craig on this one.

What I believe would be cool is if our chances for Boss Rewards increased based on how much damage we do to a raid boss. Some (like myself) very much enjoy taking on massive bosses with minimal to no help, and it would be really disappointing to go through the effort that would be need to kill a raid boss having done a huge majority of the damage, but getting nothing in return. It would also give people more incentive to stick with a boss rather than just hit and run the minimum, upping the chances that the bosses will be killed and lowering the chances that someone will try to grief (or kill the raid) on purpose.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
  9. maddog1122

maddog1122 Active Member

I for one wont be wasting much time for this new raid boss, not only is it unfair to everyone but you cannot get into it even if someone invites you to it, I been sent six invites and I could not accept or get in any of them, from now on i'll just be deleting any further invites. I spend enough money on playing the games I play, i'm not about to just add another thing to spend a lot of money on when there are thousands of other games that can be played for free. nice ideal tho for the boss, just not a great idea how to get into it or to be able to play it. good luck and hopefully this time you will take the suggestions of the players to fix and allow players to enter them more easily.

10. Kehvyn

Kehvyn Member

For anyone that can't get into bosses/can't get anyone into theirs, have public sharing enabled. That is what I did to get it to work properly. As long as it's not shared on the Jobs chat, the links can still be sent privately.

11. Rag Na Rok

Rag Na Rok New Member

oh great, after 24 hrs of chipping away at this thing, a low level person just joined in, got the raid party killed, and now it's back on full health. All that for nothing. 60FPs spent on refills, countless hassle getting people to join, re-sending invites over and over... Well, that's it, I'm not expending another single point of anything on this things. Hate it, want it gone...

Is there a quit boss button...? Nope... oh well...

Kirsten and GoddessFreyja like this.
  12. Grand Master Fielding

Grand Master Fielding Active Member

I feel your pain. KANO made too many mistakes with the RAID bosses. Forgetting the fact they're too complicated - the RAID bosses have 100 other issues with them.

Kirsten, ben and Rag Na Rok like this.
  13. T-Gar

T-Gar New Member

Maybe not the correct thread but ... I have noticed and followed this new Raid Boss in the WC Chat and alot pf people are confused and need help or questions asked. Even Mitch is in the chat doing his best to help, appreciated. But.. Why must we have to pay for the help in there? Every line we wrote to ask or help cost us speakers and i am pretty tired of paying to help another guy. Is it possible to have a chat-tab only for help in some way, for example when new things are around and both Admins and users help and ask?

14. Lasinagol

Lasinagol Active Member

After re-reading through this entire thread I have come to a few conclusions.
    1.) The boss is a great idea
    2.) It was poorly executed
    3.) It separates the people who pay to play from those who don't and who are willing to attack at it for then a few days.

I have seen on far too many bosses people hitting and running and on a few several people not even bothering to heal. They are item hunting and maximising their chance at getting drops for almost no real effort.

Kirsten likes this.
  15. Kimbella

Kimbella Member

I am sorry KANO - I think the Raid Boss is going to be a dud. It takes way too much Stamina and Energy to play. Just getting people to get on board has been horrendous. Even when I finally got 6 people to participate, just waiting until the next refill of stamina and energy, the boss has already healed. Way to frustrating...not fun at all. I think this is another way for people with lots of money to blow to get stronger and the ones that aren't to get left behind. Very disappointed :(

Kirsten likes this.
  16. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hey all,

Just going to pop in here quickly and attempt to answer some general points or things I've seen multiple mentions of. I'm in the process of going over all this feedback with the devs for the Raid Boss to make the feature tighter and remove some of the pain points. All feedback is being taken into consideration, and we appreciate you taking the time to let us know how you feel, good or bad.

So for multiple bosses from the same person appearing on your Raid Boss list, these are the exact same Boss, just listed twice. Clicking either will take you to the same Boss, so there aren't any doubles running around. This is a side-effect of a fix we pushed we players were joining Raid Bosses, performing actions, leaving the Boss and then being told they need another invite. Speaking of that, being re-invited to Bosses will get you back in.

We're investigating the Invite Codes not working and will most likely be re-doing that system. Optimally Raid groups will be composed of hand-picked members so you can avoid people intentionally (or unintentionally) wiping the group. Invite Codes were suppose to allow you to pick and choose who joins up. We're going to be designing a system for removing Raid group members who are consistently wiping the Raid.

Lasinagol likes this.
  17. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

@DeanTheGreat We've actually had a few Raid Bosses killed on both Facebook and Kano Play server 2.

18. Lasinagol

Lasinagol Active Member

There have been a few rumors of a Raid Boss being killed...There are a few days left and so many of them that the few people who could do great amounts of damage are spread too thin. Mine would have been halfway dead by now if someone hadn't purposefully killed my raiding part. I think if it isn't killed the only rewards you get are from having had battled it in the first place and the resulting xp from doing so. Like a normal boss when you don't get the Minimum Damage Kill Reward.

19. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

I was on two bosses that where killed on fb, on the first I got my achievement and a warrior drop, thanks to the developer who worked until late to fix some bugs.
    The players who did the really hard work spent around 250-300 FPs/ boss and made around 100 - 200 lvls. ( a lot of lvls by helping others on their bosses)
    Now I think I just wait 1-2 weeks to give time to the developers to fix all the bugs. ;)

kevinmalo likes this.
  20. Lasinagol

Lasinagol Active Member

I spent almost 300 FP's and gained over a 100 levels and my boss is still at around 4/5'ths health. Most of the damage being done by me. A hundred FP's before it reset and even more after it reset in order to get back to where I was. To me it is just unbalanced as all hell. It can be beta-tested for months, but the real-'world' experience is the true test.