Hitlist Price Adjustments (bullying)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Kendall, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Kendall

Kendall Administrator

Just a heads up we will be increasing the hitlist cost for users that have been hitlisted recently (past 24-hrs), there has always been a increase but we will be increasing it further to deter hitlist chaining on all players.

We have been receiving many reports of lower level users being chained/bullied through the hitlist system. We will look at adjusting the "Rig Ignition" cost as another mechanism for the lower levels to defend themselves against higher levels but this change will happen at a later point.

On our list of things to do is to remove the Hitlist Fatigue, we hope to get a change out shortly.

2. don corleone 1980

don corleone 1980 New Member

nnooooo! it already increases way to much!
    and i have a death count of almost 800 .. so i'm getting listed a lot .. but still it's a bad idea
    if ppl are around the same lvl there should not be an increase in hitlist cost at all!

3. Good looking out for the lower levels..Still waiting on something new for players that have unlocked all of the job/cities..the mob boss jobs do not seem to benefit us to much but can waste a lot of stamina .. Some times I do it to burn stamina that I might otherwise loose while waiting on my level partner to log in.Don't get me wrong .I love the idea of being more involved in our actual mobs So thank you for bringing that change to the game..

4. The Ice Queen

The Ice Queen Member

Hiya Super Moderator (do you get to wear a cape?)

Thanks again to the Kano staff for your constant communication with the players. It's refreshing :)

I have to agree that the higher levels do have an advantage when it comes to chain listing.
    I'm what.. 7.5 billion to rig? That's a lot to a lower level. Yet I can list most lower level 10 times for that amount with the current increases.
    However.... is there a way it can also be based on the attack count like the ambushes?
    Both the increase in the listee's bounty and their price to rig me?
    Lets say I am being chain attacked by a level 400 and I am level 682. If this lower level chain attacks me 20 times, he deserves to die over and over again. Why should I have take the increases? He started it! hehehehe.

5. I agree with that part 100%.. I swear I love the way you think chick..lol

6. The Whoorida

The Whoorida Member

I don't think this is really necessary. As it is now, it only takes 2-3 wins to reclaim the XP loss from a hitlisting. If you're going to jack up the price of listing even more, at least make it actually HURT the players getting listed. There are some real bullys ruining the game for a lot of folks because hitlistings are have no impact on them.

7. HarleyQueen

HarleyQueen New Member

This is the most stupid thing I have ever heard. This is suppose to be a war game!!!

A lot of us have just been waiting for some changes to stop that rediculous raise in bounties.

Its the lower levels with a lot of hg that controle the game already.

The higher levels cant do anything when they are getting chained..oh yes they can spend all their cash on hitlisting, and for what??? a rediculous xp loss...

Why dont you just have the bounty rise for levels lower than 200 or so? or maybe just have the bounty rise for mobs with less than 1000 members? thats an idea :)

I have another suggestion. why dont you just make it so no on can hitlist anyone more than maybe 500 levels below them unless provoked?

I just read the forum and saw that low levels was complaining about getting bullied.

OMG why dont they get their asses in gear and start leveling. thats what most of us do, to get away from bullies and to get stronger to avoid that.

I dont even get what they are whining about. the xp loss is so low that it takes 1-2 attacks to get the loss back...and how much does it take the one that hitlistet them to get the cash back???

this really isnt a fair game the way it is right now.

8. The Whoorida

The Whoorida Member

You can't set hard limits like 200/500 levels, it doesn't scale properly as the average player level rises. That's probably what the problem is now, it sounds like there's a hard limit that at the beginning was fine but as the players grew is no longer acceptable.

I would recommend something like players with total XP lower than 25% of your total XP be out of your range or something like that.

9. Toughen up, buttercup.

Well if you dont go and piss allot of people off you dont have to worry about being bountied allot. I just like the many others on here that are not new have went thru this. So I think you should quit whining and clan up and take the same lumps the rest of us have had to take. I have had to clan up with people I more then likely wouldnt be clan with to stop being bountied. Its part of the game, and maybe quit being an ass to others way above you might help you some too. (lol)

10. The Ice Queen

The Ice Queen Member

Hmmm "others way above you". Whoorida... aren't you #19 on the Leaderboard?
    And I am #20?
    ( for a few more hours anyway... bring on the 4 day weekend)

Strictly... you are about 30th on my Friends Leaderboard and I have 2/3 of the top 30.

So, Double... no-one here is worried about being bullied by "higher ups".

We are concerned about lower levels using the rapid rise in the bounty price to their advantage.
    They can chain someone, rig them for what I assume will be 1/2 their own bounty cost and sit and watch their list price become unreachable for all but the top tycoons.
    Once it's there, they can chain to their hearts content until their bounty drops. They will become all but untouchable.

This is why I asked for the bounty price to be based on the number of attacks just like the ambush.
    The more they chain, the cheaper they are for you to list.

11. One reason why these low levels might be getting bountied is because they are the ones that list to begin with.I'm a really high level on one of the apps and if I see clan listed no matter what the level i will bounty the bountier back in return.It's called looking after clan.The majority will not just list a lower level without cause.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  12. Hunni Bunni

Hunni Bunni Member

Going to go ahead and agree with Ice Queen and ATHEISTIC. Instead of just jacking up the price for bounties, why not base it off the number of attacks like you do with counters? If the lower level is being hitlist chained it's because they started it.

13. HarleyQueen

HarleyQueen New Member

katrina

yes the higher levels can afford a 100 bill bounty, but for what? they get a xp loss that the chainers gain back in 1-2 attacks, and it still takes a long time to get 100 bill at level 1000

then again the chainers just keeps going and sooner or later no one can afford the hitlist price, and the chainers are having a field day and can chain everyone.

These changes are ruining the game. the hitlist price is already going up too fast and the xp loss dosnt even hurt.

oh on...thats not true. THE XP LOSS ONLY HURT THE SECOND YOU REACH LEVEL 1000 AND NOT WHEN YOU ARE LEVEL 999 and thats rediculous too. it should hurt for all players to get hitlistet

14. HarleyQueen

HarleyQueen New Member

I dont get why the ambush cost was even changes in the first place. I think it was the best way to keep the chainers off our feed???

and second. why did we loose the 100 ambushes?

this game was working fine before those stupid changes.

Its soo annoying to find a game that is working, just to watch it get changed into something that isnt working.

might as well go back and play mobwars again. that was also ruined by changes all the time. it was impossible to build a mob and figure out where to add the skillpoints.

I have stopped using my skillpoints till the devs figure out how this game is gonna end up

15. The Ice Queen

The Ice Queen Member

Has this change been applied as yet?
    I am avoiding hitlisting anyone for a while.. saving my cash as I think I might just need it.

It would be nice if the Devs would at least acknowledge our concerns and give us a little more details about what is about to happen.

Happy Easter

16. The Ice Queen

The Ice Queen Member

I agree with you here Charlotte.
    I think the XP loss should be changed. Instead of 2 max attacks (I just lost 314... max is 157) it should be 10. No matter your level.
    Either that or..... as I have said before.. change the Max XP for over level 1000's to reflect the XP loss. Give us an incentive to want to reach level 1000. My LP and I slowed our levelling in the last 2 weeks. I would rather be pushed off the leader boards than lose 3000+ XP from a hitlist/death by ignition and need to spend 100 stamina regaining it.
    Are you out of your minds? What is your reasoning behind it?

The name is on the is mob WARS. We are supposed to KILL each other. Give us an incentive to do so.

Oh and Charlotte, please.. call me Kat... I so wish I had used my old MW1 name now.
    Eric/Kendal/Kano.. any chance we can apply for a name change?

17. Time to play Worlds End again!

18. The Ice Queen

The Ice Queen Member

Here is my point.

I just asked my level partner to list me..twice.

I am now all but untouchable as far as listing for the next 24 hours.

I can now bully to my hearts content... all people can do is ambush me.
    With 600+ stamina, A few ambushes won't bother me...
    WHY would you allow people to be this untouchable?

[​IMG]

Off to be a bully now... it would seem they are the only people you listen to.

19. HarleyQueen

HarleyQueen New Member

20. HarleyQueen

HarleyQueen New Member

here is some of the posts on the db about this subjekt.....

Hitlist is dead

wonder why that is :(

Note: this will be the 2nd hit on this mobster in the last day or so. Recent hits will increase a mobsters hitlist cost.

hes 89bill now

from 11bill to 89bill in one hitlist

what are we suppose to do now. cant afford to hitlist. cant attack back more than 1-2 times. the least you can do is give us a window so we stand a chance with chainers and chain them back.

well thats the ones we can beat. what are we supposed to do with the ones we cant beat? use all our hard earned cash on the expensive ambushes.

this game is sooo boring now, but im sure the chainers are having fun laughing at us.

OH I GET IT: YOU WANT US ALL TO BUY A FULL MOB EH?

KANO... YOU ARE RUINING THE FUN!!!

Phill Parsons I agree, give us a window

make lower levels xp loss after a death a lot more so its worth spending the cash to list them, people over 1k are getting punished by it so make it the same for everyone else

Emily Belenger This is too much, 1st listing
    Come On Eileen
    $10,950,537,150

Second listing (don't wait for this to show up on your hitlist anytime soon)
    $109,505,371,500

Kano, you are messed up!

Phill Parsons That's also a good idea Emily but it should be more then 200 in the first place

pdd just got listed at 29bill and now he is 226bill, who in their right mind would pay that much to list someone if its not worth it

Charlotte Caroline Buxbom Rosenkjær

Im done. I dont even see the point in this game anymore.

its even worse than mobwars now

guess Ill go back and play mobwars and try to compete with the bots

at least I can retaliate there

this game started out as a great game, but that didnt last long

it has been another total waste of time and money

Emily Belenger
    You know the game has taken a step in the wrong direction, I AGREE WITH PHIL!

This needs to stop.

one step???

less ambushes

higher ambush price

rediculous hitlist prices

rediculous high xp loss for mobsters above level 1000

rediculous low xp loss for mobsters below level 1000

I really dont see what all this has got to do with a war game???

Charlotte Caroline Buxbom Rosenkjær how can higher levels bully lower levels when the xp loss is next to nothing.

if we got that window then we wouldnt have to hitlist the ones chaining.

i dont beleive that any lower levels are bullied for no reason.

they are probably chainers getting what they deserve.

they should all harden the fuck up and play the game. its a war game for gods sake

Emily Belenger You were killed by Michael The Skull Splitter and lost 292 XP.

Takes me 2 and a bit wins to make up that lose!
    How was I being bullied?

Now I get listed once for 8 billion and my bounty jumps to 80 billion, thats real fun, NOT

'Kris Lee Duke KANO, LESSON IN BUSINESS!:

POLL your players (I.E. your source of income) BEFORE you make changes! You seriously are killing the fun in the game. Too much more of this, and... well...

yep would have thought that the devs learned from their mistakes on mobwars. all the changes ruined that game too :(

Robbie Berenyi i 'did' enjoy the occasional listing. was havin a break, to rebuild the empire for future fun, but not sure now. 'back to real life' is becomin very temptin now.

'Kris Lee Duke Unbelievable. Just unbelievable. Almost every change they make is in the wrong direction.

A great change would be ADDING NEW CITIES AND PROPERTIES above level 400! There should always be something new to accomplish and achieve. As it stands... Well, what to do? Can't hitlist anyone now... Can't hunt anymore, nothing there.

Charlotte, tell Hammer to please come alive again and heal so that I can at least try to punch him to death while he is sleeping!

Charlotte Caroline Buxbom Rosenkjær Kris..what change or changes have they made in the right direction?

in my opinion, the best they could do is change the game back to as it was a few month ago, and then add city.

that game was a great game :)

Scott Weeden I agree with Charlotte... the only thing the higher levels can do to help someone in our mob is Punch and then what ?...sit back and watch them chain the crap out of us !! ...We cant even retaliate because they are out of range... its ridiculous to say the least.. so much for the ''future changes'' being discussed with the players as promised....

Joel Manga Wheres the refund button ??????? These changes are killing the game.... I have sat back and watch the dramatic changes ruin the game and as a old school mobber from mw1 i now see where this game is going........ straight down the path of the same devs who dont give a f##k. A paying or non paying customer are all equal so therefore make the game even accross the board for all to enjoy. Its a killing game not knitting wars and all the big levels better start arming up with hg's to combat the chainers thats what the devs really want spend more and more money.

Kristof Schijns first .. change things back! i'll never get my death count over a 1000 with these stupid changes, the game is about to die. luckely for me i had a feeling this would happen and so far i haven't spend 1 dollar on this game.

wouldnt it be nice if the devolopers hired someone who actually played the game, so they had just an idea of what this game is about, and why we all liked it before?

Scott Weeden My thoughts exactly...

Once your Hit is posted, Assassin AG .... Cost: $770,062,941,090

Level 357

Who at that level would even have that kind of cash ?? .. It takes forever just to put 100 billion in the bank for the achievement... Its obvious the Devs don't play the game themselves..If they did, they would never have made these changes !! In the end its only going to hurt them where it matters to them the most..their pockets :)
    Doesn't matter if you have 1000 HGs.. no one is going to spend 750 billion to list someone...snap out of it Devs !!