Single and Co-op Boss Spreadsheets?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Squideater, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Squideater

Squideater New Member

I don't know if anyone really cares about these kind of stats, but I've been making recording some of the statistics of the bosses I've been fighting (obviously not world bosses, I came too late to know everything about that from day one).

I guess if anyone wants me to share a spreadsheet on this - maybe strategic maybe for the heck of it? - then I've got the stuff down in a google document. If you guys end up do wanting it, I may need a little in how getting a link up would work.

2. KuraiKiller

KuraiKiller Member

I would love access to one. I have a pretty big spreadsheet following World Boss statistics, Outbreaks, as well as spreadsheets on Faction Wars perk calculations, Battle Arena perk calculations.

Regular bosses I never had the patience for.

3. Squideater

Squideater New Member

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kgkkpobVql5ndMvaIdV9wEXupI8mSUdUOMZvMjz2h1Y/edit#gid=0

Here's an example of some of the Marine boss as an example for the information I'm putting down. Reward data I feel unsure of recording or not as it seems mildly subjective for the "minimum amount of attacks reason" I'm going to talk about in the next paragraph. The power attacks meanwhile I'm uncertain about where I can place so for now, unless it may be unneeded, it's stuck on the rows for Level 1 and 2.

I feel like I should put down that there seems to a be a minimum amount of stamina the game wants you to use against a boss regardless of how strong you are, and curbs your attack power accordingly. I at first started this when I got to a point I could theoretically take down the marine in two power attacks x 6 when at Level 2, but I instead ended up using five power attacks x 6 (180 stamina... or 30 power attacks, urgh), and that's been the pattern up until Level 6 (I tried adjusting stamina use; whatever happens, it requires 150+ at the least).

Edit: On the other hand, if you think reward might be valuable to know, I could probably try recording that as well and salvaging the rest of the data I collect, although I'd aim specifically to base it on the results for for 30 power attacks in the manner I listed executing them.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  4. Blasphamy

Blasphamy Member

There's a lot more that goes into this than stamina used. Damage dealt is based on health:attack ratio of your slayer compared to the boss. Your personal slayer build will drastically effect the outcome of the fight compared to another slayers build. A higher defense build will require more stamina to kill the same boss as a high attack/health based slayer. That in itself will effect the final rewards payout for the same boss killed by the above mentioned two slayer types. The rewards given by the boss should be in the realm of 25% exp earned total in the fight.

So, let's say that it takes you 5 30 stam attacks to kill the boss. Each of those 5 attacks gets you exactly 2,000 exp. That totals 10,000 exp from the fight. Collect rewards and you should see 2,500 exp as your prize (25% of the total gained in the fight) plus whatever else he drops as far as weapons and such goes.

As far as spreadsheets go, try mapping out the exp net gains from the varying attk/def/health stats of each boss compared to that of your own. You will find that there is a sort of 'sweet spot' for each individual slayer. I can tell you from experience, that an attack/health heavy slayer should stay in realm of 75% / -25% of his attack/def for a maximum exp payout. Again, that is to say the boss has no more 75% that of his personal attack and has at least no more than - 10% of his personal defense.
    Example: If my slayer build has 7,500 attack and 5,000 def then i'm looking to get into as many boss fights that have him in the 6,000 / 4,000 realm. Since not many bosses meet that requirement, focus more on the defense of your opposing boss. The 'sweet spot' would put your target audience in the realm of 3,400 - 4,000 defense, regardless of his attack power.

The double concept is simple:
    1) a boss too big will kick yer butt and payout is crap.
    2) a boss to small, you will kick his butt and payout is crap

So, find your happy medium and find squad members in the general level range where those bosses become available and join as many as you can to maximize your stamina : exp ratio.