Reviving KP Server 2

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Survival Streak 0, Jul 27, 2014.

1. Survival Streak 0

Survival Streak 0 Active Member

It's been quite some time since myspace stopped games. Moving over to server 2 was an awesome idea but only a handful of people decided to move, many just stopped playing. The server is dying, slowly, the gameplay is in rapid decline, which is mainly due to it no longer being connected to gaming/social network site, sure being on google play might help a tiny bit, but it's not bringing in enough new blood.
    So here's a thought, why not hook server 2 up with Kano's very own gaming site (www.kanogames.com) you guys have users there, use 'em.

Thoughts anyone?

*This is not a thread that is intended to be in the idea section.*

AlterEgoT likes this.
  2. daddio

daddio New Member

well, I agree 100%

AlterEgoT likes this.
  3. TonyDu

TonyDu Member

Agreed.

AlterEgoT likes this.
  4. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

ABSOLUTELY.

I'd like to see Kano use kp as the beta testing platform as well. Folks would start playing here just to test stuff out if nothing else. I think those of us left have been super loyal given that there really is not much of a game left to speak of yet we continue to not only play but spend $$ and we've already been told we are out of luck with a transfer package.

5. ClaireBear

ClaireBear New Member

I agree with all of the above... what is the worst that can happen?

AlterEgoT likes this.
  6. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

i never did understand why the kano games arent on the kano site makes no sence to me the way it is set up now only makes their games harder to find and we really do need some new people and fast there is barley anybody nowdays there. and there use to be thousands it seemed when it was on myspace. the whole games atmosphere has changed sence the move and not for the good

AlterEgoT likes this.
  7. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Restarting SUX, I know don't wanna hear it, come over to FB.

8. neill1990

i already play on facebook and kong lol am the leader for most GP on kong as well :) a lvl 4k on facebook. i find kong the most enjoyable platform now people there are real nice from what i have experienced there

9. AlterEgoT

Also on FB, most of the kp players are. But thank you for the insightful recommendation. I have one for you. Come to KP :)

10. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

kong/armor could use more players why not merge the server with myspaces?

11. neill1990

no plain and simple those servers need to be seperate.

there are many many people that left kanoplay s2 because of people on that platform and some went to kong to get a fresh start without any drama that is all over kanoplay s2 fusing them together would only cause more people to leave the game

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
    James The App Guy likes this.
  12. Survival Streak 0

This'd be a great move, I'd love to take my kp2 slayer to kong/armor but it would never happen as kp2 & kong/armor have different ermm thresholds.
    For instance, pointmen on kp2 give you a 2% boost in both attack and defense, on kong they give only 1%, the arena on kong/armor requires you to be level 550, on kp2 it's 660...the max energy refill per level on kong/armor at level 1100+ is 3000, on kp2 it's 4500.
    Also...some people have an account on kong and armor adding a third portal will cause problems.
    So somewhere along the line people are gonna get screwed if they were to merge them.
    I'm not bashing your idea, I'd love it..but I really can't see it happening.

13. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

great idea, this should be in the ideas section without a doubt

14. If they could find a way to negotiate it so we could keep stuff we actually paid for it'd be nice - the stuff from in game things like calendars & what not aren't as much held as prizes as what good old cash paid for. Otherwise, starting over again won't even be worth it, I'll just keep playing on Kongregate & not bother with any other platform. When I started playing the games on MySpace, I didn't even bother with the combat aspect but have made up for it, and now that I've gotten it corrected if a transfer would strip the character, it wouldn't be worth continuing it. On Kongregate though, in Viking Clan, I hold the #1 spot for most battle kills (1,333) on the World Leaderboard & I'm only a lowly Level 1630 Pathfinder, so continuing there will be a definite yes even if K2 shuts down.

15. Survival Streak 0

Nah, there's enough idea's there getting ignored/overlooked at the moment :p
    This is just a discussion of possible ways to bring life back to kp server 2, if Kano want to act on what comes from this or someone wants to make an idea thread with what comes out of the discussion then they're more than welcome to do so. :)

16. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

If you want an idea to get looked at by the developers, have people vote it up. There needs to be a decent level of interest behind each idea; if we want to put development time behind something there needs to be the support there from the players to back that up.

To address the actual topic of the thread, this has been a topic of conversation for us internally for a few weeks now. We're building out a plan to draw more players to KPs2 and we'll take some of these suggestions into account.

17. Survival Streak 0

I was kidding :) however...the voting system for all threads is the same, so I guess it doesn't really matter where an idea might be, and as I've stated, this isn't an idea thread, just a thought I was sharing. I do think kanogames would be a spot for kano's own games though theres a atleast 17,000 users (going by the g+ followers) which is probably 16,000 more than kp2 has at the momment, I was talking in the chat a few days ago there and no one there had even heard of Kano/Apps...weird huh.

18. MobMan

MobMan Member

Don't know of it's possible but could always merge server 1 & server 2, loads of daily players on 1 but only a handful on 2.

19. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

i think that eventually that will be an inevitability...the longer the game exists and the more it dwindles then i believe that will happen

20. AlterEgoT

They have unequivocally stated this is not a possibility. They haven't however said a reward package is out of the question.

At this point I wouldn't want my KP alter dropped into FB as my FB alter has too much invested now.

But Mini is right. We continue to attract FB slayers over to KP2 but the google advertising just is not enough.

It's disappointing that we don't see Kano promoting their own server more than they do. They might be doing it and we don't see it so we try to reserve judgement.

But mini's first post is spot on. Why AREN'T we on kanogames? I can see that when we first moved Kano did a fabulous job of working around the clock to keep us slaying. I just assumed that with time we'd be advertised more and tied to more rewards or beta testing. Yeah, yeah we all know what happens when we assume, shame on me ;)

I've started running across more and more Myspace players starting on Facebook now. Several I have talked to didn't even know KP2 existed and they could reclaim their account. We now have a highly active slayer from way back. Perhaps the serum thing could be reworked to allow us to contact some of our old friends and get them back? or another hey did you know newsletter from kano like we got when we first moved?

I surely would like to see KP2 make a come back. (It is in it's own way as more and more tire of the FB messages popping up over a game, but it could be so much more)