(Non)Battle Arena

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Squarenips, Jul 11, 2014.

1. ben

ben Active Member

With so many more players in the fb arena, how is defense players a problem? Seems the active players have a poor strategy in the arena there. So many players there should be no problem killing defense players.

2. Old Salt

Old Salt Well-Known Member

"Defensive players?" So now they have a name? Players who hide in defense and ride out the Battle Arena are "Defensive Players?" They are non-participating players is what they are. And no, players who are fighting others left and right are not going to use their health and stamina early on trying to grind down players hiding in defensive mode. That's ridiculous. I hit somebody in defensive mode I move on because it would take far too long and cost too much in terms of losing other kills or having someone come along and start hammering you and finding out too late that half of your health is gone. The whole objective of the Battle Arena is to try to rack up kills on fat targets early so you will have plenty of health for the later stages when you get inside the top 100 left. You would sacrifice that by trying to take out players hiding in defense too early.
    Please don't insult us by saying that fighting players have a poor strategy. As opposed to hiding players who are operating under no strategy except getting their minimum in and bailing out for the rest of the Battle Arena? These players know that they are going to be saved for last so they know that they will place high by hiding out. That's what needs to change.

3. ben

ben Active Member

We get health early on and its used to kill the smart brilliant defensive players. Get levels off of them. So yes, we rack up health and kill those defense players with it. If you dont hit them out in d mode thats your problem. Ive killed defense players early on so dont even say it cant be done,

4. ben

ben Active Member

Riding it in defense is strategy. Seems its getting under your skin cause you don't like it. But it's still a strategy.

5. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Well that strategy must be your bread and butter ,so you want it to stay as is. Like I said I doubt kano will do anything so " strategy" is safe.

6. Old Salt

No I think they will up the benchmarks. Riding in defense after you have participated isn't a problem. But JUST riding in defense the whole BATTLE ARENA is a problem with me. Players who just like to just do 100 hits and then hide out the whole time and see if they can get a high ranking above those who fought yeah I have a problem with that. You should have to face the same perils as the fighters do, that you can be taken out while trying to take someone else out. That is what the battle arena was supposed to be all about. Hiding out in defensive mode the whole time is not a strategy its exploiting a loophole, that's all. And I think the devs will agree with that. I think we will see that your going to have to rack up some kills and do much more than 100 hits to qualify for a ranking. You guys not bothering to participate but just hide and "ride it out" in defensive mode are going to be forced to play for now on. The gravy train is over.

bighoof likes this.
  7. ben

ben Active Member

and i think they will also agree in how 1 wants to play it all they have to do is get there 100 hits in and if they choose to ride it out thin thats there choice to do so and it is a smart strategy ... and thats all they have to do is meet the 100 hits in ...

8. Larry Skary

Larry Skary Member

as i have said before the min.number of hits should be raised to 500 or even 1000, then if you choose to use the (strategy of def. ) it would be ok because you at least had to fight. and Ben you never take anyone out early that is in def. mode unless they are real low level because even you couldn't stand to lose that much health. IMO, plus if you do at least 1000 attacks you will get some kills :)

Old Salt and Kirsten like this.
  9. Old Salt

Okay KANO once again in the the last two Facebook PC Arenas we have had the same pattern of non-playing accounts hiding out in defensive mode after barely getting in their minimum hits and then occupying a majority of the top 20 slots at the end simply because no one wants to hit these defensive players because they don't want to use up their health grinding them down.
    In the previous Arena it was something like 6 of the top ten barely played and 14 of the top 20. And of those 14 something like 10 had no kills. You can go back and check the figures. This last arena was a bit better but still nine non-playing accounts made it into the top twenty. This needs to be addressed. The minimum number of hits need to be raised so these people actually have to participate and there should be a minimum number of kills also if you want to be allowed to place and win rewards.

Kirsten likes this.
  10. Old Salt

If they are going to enter something called a Battle Arena I presume they are doing it to fight, not hide. I think everyone should be subjected to the same rules and same risks. It's not up to an individual to decide that they get to play it safe. This isn't "design your own Arena." I'm not against the defensive mode, I just think that people should have to participate in something that they join. And I don't think it's cool that people can basically do 100 hits and then go into defensive mode and turn off the computer and go do whatever and then come back after the Arena is over to a 7th place finish and collect their rewards while the majority of us had to keep playing and fighting.

Kirsten likes this.
  11. Old Salt

So trolling through all that in chat what I gather from it is that you are saying if these players who hide are forced to play longer they will become cannon fodder for stronger players. Oh well. If your fighting in an Arena you have to expect that you can be taken out at any time. If you're not prepared for that then maybe you shouldn't be playing. Seems to me it would require far more strategy to try to avoid being taken out till you get a sufficient number of hits or kills in then it takes to just tap people one hundred times and dive into a foxhole. And it really doesn't matter how many levels these guys who hide aren't getting by not fighting. That has nothing to do with the premise of the Arena. A fight to the last man. Not hide till the last man. Put some legitimacy back into the Arena and raise those benchmarks.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  12. Old Salt

What is smart about hiding in defense? What strategy does that take? You still cannot come up with a convincing argument as to why people should be allowed to just hide out in defense the entire arena, barely participate, and then collect rewards for doing virtually nothing. All your name calling does not change this simple fact.

13. Old Salt

Speaking for KANO now? According to a post Mitch made a few pages back the developers are reading this thread. I think they will be swayed more by who is making the more convincing case for his point of view. IMO you have not made it. Thanks for posting that btw, 195 attacks. 0 kills. Came in tenth. Furthers my point. :)

Kirsten likes this.
  14. bighoof

bighoof Member

Hope they change it....1000 or more attacks and at least 3 kills.

Old Salt and Kirsten like this.
  15. Old Salt

What you have to understand is that even though you may be overjoyed that there are non-playing arena participants finishing so high in the Arena there are others who are not and think that these people should (along with everyone else) have to reach higher benchmarks to EARN these high place finishes they are getting because they are hiding in defense. Every Arena seems to be dominated in the rankings by people not really playing and that has to change.

Kirsten likes this.
  16. Old Salt

What do I care what you do on MySpace? And thanks for the laugh. I WANT EVERYTHING HANDED TO ME??? Your the one who's advocating letting people hide and get something for doing nothing. Somebody ranks better for doing nothing then something is wrong. I think that's the way most would see it. These ultra-low benchmarks (100 hits) are actually a loophole that people with high defense are exploiting and it needs to stop. When you see people getting something for nothing you correct it. I hope KANO does the right thing here and does correct it. And if your hiding yourself in defense and dragging out the MySpace Arena for the full 3 days that's your fault. No one else's. If that's what your doing. Time to bring these people out of the shadows and join the Arena with everyone else.

17. Old Salt

I think your posts in chat just illustrate quite clearly what is wrong with the Arena and why this needs to be addressed.

18. ben

ben Active Member

what the heck are you talking a bout ...

19. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Old Salt, just cause reply here to what is going on in WC, no one understands WTF your talking about. I had to ask a friend to understand what you were talking about. Post some pics anything, bet only 3 people that watch forums understand what you mean.

20. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Many know what is being said here they see the. PC FB wc and one person responding there since the person cannot respond here , unfortunately ther are quite a few who agree with old salt but sadly cannot acesd the forum easily they can read what is in the forum but not respond , sadly the cannot support the issue being discussed here . But the do see the chat . LoL