1k total ideas now :)

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by neill1990, Jun 29, 2014.

1. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

i think we should have a different rating system for the idea threads anybody agree?

i feel the way it is now it sorta feels like it is pointless lol. i know some people may say it was pointless before but i feel like it better represented what the community thought of an idea rather then how it is just 5 stars now

also lets keep up the ideas and the next major mark will be 10k (eh i guess lets just make it 2k for obvious reasons lol)

Kano Moderator 2 likes this.
  2. Survival Streak 0

Survival Streak 0 Active Member

out of the 1,000 ideas...only 52 have been decided on :p

I say we all give the ideas forum a break while Kano catch up

Kirsten likes this.
  3. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

ya i think they should dedicate a week and just go through and fuse ideas that are the same together and just go through all the ideas so they would all be under one of the main sections mi7ch has.

4. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

if we waited for them to catch up the game would be gone by then hahaha

5. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

A lot of these ideas have lost "traction" so to speak, but this section could use some trimming, that's for sure.

In case it hasn't been noticed yet, we've made an effort over the last couple months to start knocking off some ideas. I won't say we're doing an amazing job of it yet, and unfortunately we've had to move more than a couple ideas to "Not Considering" due to some internal constraints, but I make it a point of bugging the developers consistently about ideas. Will we ever catch up? Probably not, but I'll try!

If there are Ideas sitting on the front page here that you would like to see moved to "Under Review" please get some votes or comments on them to show interest!

6. Eraser

Eraser Member

5 stars is better than 10 stars!

The star ratings are based on an average. If you have any understanding at all how averages work... You will know a 1 hurts a 5 far less than a 1 hurts a 10.

Lets face it, with the old system, +90 percent where voted as either 10 or 1. Its not really a good representation of how the community feels if 4 people vote a 10 and 1 person votes a 1, and the average is 8.2... esp when the vote of 1 was out of spite. Same vote on a 5 star system would be 4.2 stars. a much better representation IMO