Update to Battle Arena/War Schedule When the Events Occur at the Same Time

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Jul 10, 2014.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hey folks,

On rare occasions, Battle Arenas and Wars would happen on the exact same date and time and because the stats for both events are locked when the event begins this would mean that some players were forced to use the same loadout for both events. That is inconvenient if you wanted to be a healer in the Wars but planned to go attack-heavy in the Arena, as an example.

Our solution to this is that when a Battle Arena or War ends, the game checks to see if there is already an event scheduled in the same time slot and if there is, then the start time is bumped up by an hour.

So, for example, if a War ends and a Battle Arena has already been locked in for the same time that the next War is supposed to take place, the start time for the War will be moved up by an hour so there is no scheduling conflict. This is also true if an Arena ends and the next War has already been scheduled for the same time and date.

Having these mutable start times will also hopefully reduce the performance issues that some players have experienced in the past when Wars and Arenas have started at the exact same time. Please note that this will only happen every once and a while as the Wars and Arenas only sync up every few months.

2. diva of destruction

diva of destruction Active Member

3. kevinmalo

kevinmalo Active Member

Thank you!

4. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

one hour? when first seeing this in the news feed i was expecting to see one of them changed to a diff day....whats one hour gonna do besides the loadout conflict? playing in the wars takes time and lots of it if youre playing it right and if youre playing in the arena then you have to choose which one takes precedence in your gameplay. no stars from me

PaganWench likes this.
  5. billh

billh New Member

why don't you just run them on alternate weekeends?

PaganWench likes this.
  6. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

There are 12 days between Arenas and they also run on an alternating time schedule, same with the Wars. So even if we changed that there's the possibility they would still synchronize on occasion.

7. Eraser

Eraser Member

Good Fix if you are actually online when they start.... But it doesnt quite cover it.

Say I dont plan on playing much BA because It starts while Im at work, But I do want to start Defense, and do my 100 attacks when I make it home.

So 1 hour difference is not enough time for me to change my loadout before the faction wars begins to an attack equipment for faction wars.

How about The bug where Daylight savings time makes the Battle arena skip the time slot, which both times has been the 10pm run?

Just my personal opinions here I like the 24 hours Later/Earlier idea, so Start times are neither skipped, or adjusted. Just pushed back or moved forward a day.

Also.. once a month is enough faction wars IMO. If It was only once a month, Maybe Kano Could utilize the forums for Keeping track of Winners?

There could be a community thread Where Mitch could Post The top 3 winners for all networks, and Mention the Faction Leader/officers. Could be possible to mention The Highest scoring player overall, (even if they where not in one of the top 3 factions)

8. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Works for me, but as Eraser mentioned above "if online", so still effects some peoples strategies. Maybe a lock-in feature for loadout on each? Dunno, I play both with defense loadout.

diva of destruction likes this.
  9. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

That's interesting, Jades. The few arenas I'm able to participate in, I use a defense loadout for obvious reasons (particularly in Pirates, although it benefits me the least there). The rest of the time, I normally use an attack loadout. I never really thought about switching the loadout for the wars. What are the benefits of a defense loadout versus an attack loadout for the wars?

10. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I'm a healer for our guild, only 1 time accidently had no loadout on for wars, and it was roughly 1/3rd each token what normally is.

diva of destruction likes this.
  11. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

That makes sense... I'm an attacker, and I don't heal much other than to keep us in the green... I think it also depends on what game you play and how you play... I hardly ever have to heal in Vikings and Pirates, but our health gets crushed pretty bad in LCN...

12. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Possibly, I was just talking about FB VC only game I play.

13. PaganWench

PaganWench Active Member

I hate to say it, but what difference will an hour make? That doesn't address the problem at hand, which is Loadouts. If I'm all Defense in the Arena, but all Attack in Wars, an hour's difference in start time isn't going ti change that.

14. billh

billh New Member

ok that must be the new math lol syndicate wars is played on one weekend, battle arena is played the next and they alternate so they can't be on the same weekends

15. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

heres an idea, how about we choose a loadout when we join either one? just like choosing our names and avatar for the arena? even make it so that we can edit it right up until they start...sounds like a great compromise for everyone involved

VK QHill likes this.
  16. VK QHill

VK QHill Member

Sounds like a great idea to me!

17. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Works for me, but as Eraser mentioned above "if online", so still effects some peoples strategies. Maybe a lock-in feature for loadout on each? Dunno, I play both with defense loadout.
    Said that ^^^ can't figure out how to put two posts on one comment with new setup