[ZS] TGIF! This Week in Dev and Community June 23 - 27

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Jun 28, 2014.

1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

TGIF! What happened this past week in Dev and Community?

Player Bans June 14 - June 20

As a reminder, the following numbers are permanently frozen accounts, and don't count temporary freezes.

FB: 30
    Kong/Armor: 2

The majority of permanently frozen accounts are frozen for being a shared or alternate account. This is something we actively investigate, and we appreciate players reporting suspicious accounts to us.

If you have any questions or comments about a frozen account, please direct them through Support as the Forums are not the place to discuss account freezes, because of the sensitive account information involved.

New Limited Items!

A new week means new Limited Items! Here’s what’s up for grabs:

[​IMG]

Long Weekend!

Next Tuesday is Canada Day and as such some of the Kano team (like myself) are taking Monday off as well, which means that staff presence will be light until about Wednesday. Don’t worry, we still have people on the job! Smack will be poking in around the forums here on Monday, so be nice!

Punch Button on Fight Screen

A small change went out today that you probably already noticed: we (Smack to be specific) added a Punch button to the Fight response screen so when you beat an opponent into submission the prompt to Punch them will show up right where the attack button is if you have not done so already in the last hour.

[​IMG]

New Crates!

New crates are out, with three new Legendary items! Why not pick one up and try your luck?

[​IMG]

Las Vegas Single Boss: The Magician and Minigame Now Available!

The Magician bends all his arcane abilities and dark magic to overpower slayers .You must stop him before he pulls the ultimate disappearing act on you. Las Vegas Minigame also available.

[​IMG]

A Word About Monday’s Server Outage

Early Monday morning and again in the afternoon around 3 PM PDT, we experienced a “cache server outage” across all four games. As a side effect of this, gifts sent, punching/whipping/axe slapping and game history feed logs were not being saved and were constantly reset. We replaced the failing server with a new one, however some lingering effects were felt until Tuesday morning. As is always the case if you are still seeing anything weird, please contact Support.

Support Report Support Report with your favorite burrowing nocturnal mammal and Answerpreneur, Aardvark!

Hey players!

Going to keep things pretty brief this week, so here are a few quick notes:

No we don't rig the lottery or any other chance-base mechanics to make people lose. These systems are governed entirely by the omnipotent force to which we at Kano are all supplicant, math, and work exactly the same way normal lotteries and chance-based games do. If you're interested, in learning more about how probabilities in lottery games are calculated, you can find more info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lottery_mathematics

Also, as you may be aware the coming Tuesday is a holiday up here in Canadaland! I will be taking the Monday off as well to help take care of some family commitments, so things will be a little slow next week, however Glitch(Annick) will be available on Monday to help people out.

Cheers,

Aardvark
    who knows the difference between i.e. and e.g. and can use both correctly in a sentence

Terrible Joke of the Week

Here's your lame joke of the week!

What is it called when an antarctic bird takes first prize?
    A peng-win.
    Reveal for hilarity!

That's it for TGIF this week, everybody! Thanks for reading, and have an excellent weekend!

Play Now!

Facebook Canvas: https://apps.facebook.com/zombieslayer/?fb_source=appcenter&fb_appcenter=1
    Facebook Connect: http://www.kanoplay.com/zombieslayer?game_server=server_1
    Kano Play Server 2: http://www.kanoplay.com/zombieslayer?game_server=server_2
    Kongregate: http://www.kongregate.com/games/kanoapps/zombie-slayer
    Armor Games: http://armorgames.com/zombie-slayer-game/14869

Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
  2. Survival Streak 0

Survival Streak 0 Active Member

Just to point to anyone wondering why they haven't seen this feature yet... you need to be using the 'new' fight result design

3. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

It's actually supposed to appear on both, I'll get Smack to double check that. Make sure you have not punched this person in the last hour!

4. Survival Streak 0

I've been using the old design and not seen it, switched to the new one and seen it straight away.

5. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I'm using old fight screen in VC and it doesn't pop up either.

6. Survival Streak 0

could we keep it so the old one doesn't show the punch button?
    after using it for a while, I don't think I like it...I could've killed soo many people had I of saved my punch for the right moment lol

It can't be called the old fight results design if you update it ;-)

There Will Be Blood and JADES like this.
  7. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I was thinking the exact same thing SSO, clicking fast or if multiple people hitting same target=screws up opportune moment wanting the punch/slap etc.

8. There Will Be Blood

There Will Be Blood Active Member

I definitely don't like this, I like to save my punches for the right moment.

9. Kirsten

Kirsten Well-Known Member

Ugghh just saw this and No ,no punching slapping or whipping automatically not cool , not cool at all

10. There Will Be Blood

Plus, after the forced punch (which I still don't like), it takes you back to the fight page. You can't even easily click on their link to check their health and/or copy their link to post.

11. KuraiKiller

KuraiKiller Member

I agree, keep it as a static button off to the side and you got a bloody awesome idea, but as a dynamic button that appears when they go to the hospital, it can easily be mis-clicked, thus messing up your ideal punch.

12. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Well dangit... This was supposed to go on both the new and old fight responses but it looks like it was missed on the old.

Given the feedback in here we will leave it as is for the weekend. Overall we had a lot of feedback sent to us indicating that people would like a punch button on the battle responses once a player was put in the hospital. However it seems that in practice this is not desired. Keep the feedback coming and we will review it all before making a decision on either tweaking this or reverting early next week.

13. Kirsten

we Have to deal with this all weekend ,no please revert it now, a decision was made on an idea not even posted in the forum ,by some secret message,while rarely does anything suggested get implemented, why should anyone bother even suggesting something that can be discussed if something likes this feature just gets put in with no feedback from the forum community first.ughhh

There Will Be Blood likes this.
  14. There Will Be Blood

Why don't you add an additional punch button instead of switching the fight button on us. I guess I have a weekend of lightly tapping the attack button to look forward to

Kirsten likes this.
  15. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

Heh I am seeing some other negative feedback on PC as well. I think we will revert this and come back next week with a discussion post on how to move forward with this, if at all.

Apologies for the disruption. Hold tight and your weekend will be free not to accidentally punch.

16. Kirsten

Thank god thank you very much

17. Survival Streak 0

No no no...it is a good idea, it's just positioned wrong, have the punch button appear somewhere to the side...above, below where the normal button is to avoid accidental punches :)

The best bit about this feature is...it's one way to punch them blasted banned accounts after you put them in hospital.

18. Smack

Smack Kano Krusader

We'll have a discussion post next week to talk about how to better implement this. Disabled for now but we can make this work!

Kirsten likes this.