[All] change calendar dates

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by polishpimp, May 23, 2014.

1. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

This idea was JJs but was posted in wrong section.

NO MORE holiday calendars on the actual holiday. Keep the themes but move the actual calendars to either a week before or a week after.

it will allow many more the opportunity to participate and still allow time for family.

2. ben

ben Active Member

This should be left alone. More people have the actual holiday off. Changing this would more likely have less people finishing out the calendars. Not everyone is retired and can be on whenever they want. I'll guarentee this will result in less calendars finished. I'd give this a 0 if I could....

Mirana likes this.
  3. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

I suppose u are right to some degree in that some people have no lives other than these games (not slamming just stating fact). I did forget to mention that this idea was aimed more at major holidays like christmas and thankgiving etc etc. In all the years ive played ....the play has been significantly less during these holidays.

Another concern being that the majority of 3 day calanders seem to be around holidays more Americans celebrate which seems unfair. Why not Chinese new years? We have diff start times for arenas to accommodate diff time zones, why not try and accommodate more for the calenders as well?

4. Larry Skary

Larry Skary Member

i agree the calendars could be placed differently as most do things with families during Holidays

5. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I agree that the calendars should not be held on the actual holiday weekends (this goes for other Kano events as well). I can only speak for myself, but I normally have plans on holiday weekends that impacts my game play. For example, I missed one of the few arenas that I'm able to participate in because it fell on Mother's Day and I was out at dinner at the time. I think it would be a good idea to include other holidays as well, not just ones in the United States. Heck, I wouldn't mind a Victoria Day calendar or something like that. I'm actually surprised that this hasn't been brought up before. I know that there are players (although I don't know how many) that do not live in the United States, and I would feel a little left out myself that I never saw a Bastille Day calendar. Plus, my "honey-do" list is usually longer and takes more time to complete if it's not a normal 2 day weekend. I guess some of us (like ben) don't have to deal with things like that. I also do not think that this would result in less calendars being done or less money spent, because I complete the 3 day calendars at least once on non-holiday weekends without any problems.

polishpimp likes this.
  6. Gunny from PC

Gunny from PC Member

I agree and appreciate the idea. I also think that more people would be able to complete their calendars (as opposed to the opposite) when they aren't burdened with holiday activities. Fabulous idea, JJ...thank you!