[All] weekend staff

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by polishpimp, May 3, 2014.

1. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

I suggest paying an employee to deal with support over the weekend. Its absolutely ridiculous to have gone this long without weekend support for games that go 24/7 and have a pay to play options.

2. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

agreed, well overdue

3. neill1990

neill1990 Well-Known Member

i agre with you and they could just have people take turns for what weekend they have to be on to deal with support issues. just make it manditory for somebody to because that is a must nowdays and with the size of the games

Last edited: May 4, 2014
  4. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I agree as well, but there are only some that have "credentials" that can handle a lot of the situations that come up. I doubt anyone want's to work 7 days a week, and if make a rotating shift for weekends would mess up Monday-Friday progression's. I'll still give it a 10 but it's asking quite a bit.

5. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

Not really, they could work from home in shifts of a few hours each, between a few people that's not all that bad

6. Larry Skary

Larry Skary Member

This is something they should have done long ago

7. Justin the killer

Justin the killer Well-Known Member

i will have to agree on this one..i think they should do shifts from differents on in that is the only way to keep the game safe an fair where that the cheats can not take an advantage over each other...which that should of been a manitory along time ago like Larry Skary is saying...

8. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

This is a little beyond my department, but I've brought this post up to our Support people and management and they'll hash it out. Thanks for the suggestion, folks. :)

9. polishpimp

Its appreciated Mitch. When it comes to these games theres nothing worse then the game screwing up on Friday evening and then sitting around all weekend knowing your continuing to get Fd every 40 minutes or so and that no matter how they fix it you'll never fully recoup everything else it affected. Then come Monday n Tues theres the reality of the back log of weekend tickets , so theres little or no hope of anything getting done then. That leaves Wednesday and Thursday to get everything done because on Friday its TGIF and everyone is running for the door. Im not even sure about Thursday...dont you guys have like a beer Thursday or something like that? In the end it simply sucks that a company that prides themselves to be all about their players has such an inadequate support schedule. These games run 24/7 so should support. Half it not more of these games are geared to keep players stuck to their device and playing....the least Kano could do is be there for us when we need them.

10. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

I'm not sure what you think happens at the Kano offices during the week but we keep our drinking confined to Friday afternoon and calmly walk out the door, thank you very much! :)

Fun fact, all Kano/Apps employees (well except the artists) are on 24/7 on-call shifts, so if something goes down we're all over it. Mostly this is just confined to devs and the IT crew, but if necessary myself or Support will hop on as well. Our top priority is keeping the games running for our players so in that case we are definitely there for you guys.

I know you're talking about Support tickets, but I just wanted to establish the fact that we're always looking after the games, even on the weekend. Just last week, for example, I came in on Monday morning to find some chatter in our IM service between the developers and the IT guys from two in the morning when they were sorting out a server issue with Mob Wars: La Cosa Nostra.

11. polishpimp

LOL....nice to hear Kano has imposed "limits" on themselves as well.

I was def talking about support tickets. Kano for the most part has done well with dealing with bigger game wide issues after hours. The bigger game issues tend to affect everyone equally for the most part. In games like this though , Their very nature ensures very little separates one account from the next. Successful players must be very diligent in gaining advantage when and where the opportunity presents itself to either keep or gain advantage. When a glitch happens to an individual or small group it can mean a substantial setback which often has repercussions in more than one aspect of their game. I can understand support not dealing with things such as avatars and names after hours but individual game glitches is a whole other story. No doubt that the sheer volume of tickets must be daunting, Ive got mucho respect for the support staff. I just think a 24/7 support staff would make a good thing great.

12. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I bet KANO would say same for every player as well..