Are Armadas using cheat programs to gain an advantage in the Armada Wars?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Mark R Old, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Mark R Old

Mark R Old New Member

Are some Armadas using cheat programs/codes to gain an advantage in the Armada Wars. It seems this may be happening especially when one Armada member is 1 click away in getting the kill and another Armada member cuts right in front and steals the kill. Please help me. Is this fast playing on behalf of the Armada member or does the Armada member have a code to help the Armada get the kill or is this totally legit? I have heard other complain so I thought I would post this question to get everyone's opinion.

2. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

its all in the timing...trust me, i know how you feel....im pretty sure everyone that plays in the wars has had that feeling more than twice haha

Micaylah likes this.
  3. Mark R Old

Mark R Old New Member

Yes, 5 times in each war is an average. I have been 1 click from a kill several times and a member from another Armada gets the kill. Maybe they are clicking and looking for low-health Armadas and attacking the lowest health Armada.

4. BitterSweet

BitterSweet Active Member

Mark anything is possible :p but i think in this case is just bad luck , we all look in war for the weaker oponent to kill and get good points, i had many times luck to kill a armada in search with just 1 click .Also when you find a lower life armada you intent to go and kill it. There are many players in war so the chance that a kill get sniped from you is pretty high ;)

5. Elzin Durakovic

Elzin Durakovic New Member

Top armadas will tell you its all about timing and looking for weaker opponents.
    Yet there is easy solution to this problem. Kill bonus WP being awarded proportionate to damage done.
    Of course nothing will be done to fix this problem just like nothing was done few other, now pretty much dead KANO applications.

6. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

As someone who could really care less about the war feature, but to penalize stronger players is just wrong,if players are weak, or lower levels, there are plenty of low level armadas to fight,and there is something to strive for by becoming stronger, there is always gonna be stronger player as well as low level players, it goes with the territory.

7. TabithaMoon

TabithaMoon Active Member

Having earned strength in a War is not a problem. Working hard to reach a high level is not a problem. Higher levels being able to target higher levels is not a problem.

The problem is people who only care about leveling rather than getting strong in the process, then complaining when they can't compete with people their level. The problem is complaining about armadas who earned their position in the War and not striving to reach that level, themselves.

It IS about timing and looking for weaker opponents. If you want to be able to attack A and B armadas for a higher pay-out, get busy building up your armada's strength or go join an A or B armada. It isn't exactly logical to expect an E armada to generate the same XP reward as a level A.

This is a fighting game and the only "equal opportunity" you're going to receive is the opportunity we all are given to move up and get stronger.

Micaylah likes this.
  8. TabithaMoon

TabithaMoon Active Member

It's called sniping and yes, it's irritating LOL. It happens, though, and it's all part of the game. If you are in a C/D/E armada targeting an armada that an A armada is, also, targeting, you're more than likely going to lose it to a sniper or just a stronger player. Unfortunately, the War doesn't allow us to see who else is currently going after the same armada like we can see in the Arena when someone is simultaneously attacking our target. You just have to keep at it and hope for that lucky strike.

I may be naive to cheat programming, but I doubt one is possible for an entire armada. It's happened in the Arena because that is a player vs player situation, but for multiple players in the War situation, I sincerely doubt it's possible. I could be wrong because that is not my expertise, but I still believe it's just the situation you're in against snipers or stronger armadas.

Also, don't ignore the possibility you are competing for a target with fellow armada mates. This can cause you to lose a win because your hits clash.

9. Mark R Old

Mark R Old New Member

It may be possible that individuals can still use cheat codes in Armada Wars. It always seems that certain teams are at the top of the list. If those teams have a plan to have their captains man the game around the clock it may make sense. It is in my opinion that some Armada members are using auto-programs to gain an advantage. It is also quite normal to single hit an Armada to look for weak Armadas to attack. That is much different that using auto-programs, if they are used. Let's see what happens in the next Armada Wars.

10. grim

grim Member

I agree with having the reward reflect the amount of work you have put into it. I think those who snipe shouldn't get the added bonus of a large kill bonus. If you do 300 attacks and lose it to a player who does 1 attack, why should they reap the rewards of all your work ? It makes little or no sense at all. Those who get them are all the top players, who constantly whine about having nothing to do at their levels and so on and so on. They say we whine about sniping, bounties, chain attacks blah blah blah...of course we do. We're the middle group that it effects the most, yet we have the least done for us. I think this is a good idea and although it won't stop it, believe it will curb it somewhat. Kano has to do something about it. If you bring it up on the chat or the Armada Wars/Guild Wars wall (which is pointless btw) you get the same tired old replies, from those who do all the sniping, and little besides smartass comments. Not a lot of intelligence floating around out there when it comes to discussing a well thought out post. I agree with Linda that penalizing higher ups is wrong but think just because they're higher ups doesn't mean they should be able to do as they see fit all the time. Hence, let the reward reflect the work involved or make it go by percentage of damage done, something has to be better than what is going on now. I know a lot of people who are sick of using all their tokens on another armada/guild and then having it snatched away from them with 1 or 2 hits left...myself included. Getting ridiculous. Another loophole exploited by those looking for an easy way to do things. Art imitating life I guess. Always someone slacking off and doing just enough to get by, and somehow moving up the ladder. You can call it whatever you want, but it still stinks.

11. Aintyerwench

Aintyerwench New Member

I think there is a lot of merit to this idea! It would bring a whole new level of strategy to the Wars. And it does make sense to have the reward reflect the work that went into the kill. Sure, it is "Piratey" to "Steal" (snipe a kill) but it stretches the bounds of the example to think that a pirate would sit around and let another bombard a ship for 300 rounds and then fire one cannonball and sink the ship and claim all of the treasure... Rewarding the work that went into the kill is really the only way not to discriminate against any group on here - the higher ups, the middle group or the smaller level pirates.

12. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Unfortunately ,sniping is encouraged in the sense that when The arena was first brought to the games, it was touted as the "last man standing" event, but when almost immediately Kano saw that players were gang banging others , they had to take the stance of work in teams, to take someone down and that has of course become common place in armada wars , where armadas are of course a group/team event. Not much anyone can do, It lost its appeal to me way back then and ,me personally have even less interest in the war,but that is because I am not the team player type.Yes sniping sucks, but I figure it is part of the package. But do I dislike the snipers,YES and do I think they are lame,YES :p

13. Mark Spicer

Mark Spicer Member

I don't think it is necessarily a case of people using scripts. Sniping happens, it is all timing. I have had kills sniped from me, and I have sniped kills from others. The Armada Wars work best when multiple members in an armada hit a single enemy armada. The armadas I have fought with in AW all use chat to co-ordinate their activities and designate targets. Ultimately, anything that requires teamwork requires communication. Big armadas like HSD, JRA and LPC (among others) rank well because they have some big guns and tight teamwork, which results from their communication with one another. They have very few individuals in their ranks, everything they do is for the benefit of the TEAM. That is why they consistently dominate the top 5. I don't really see any way to "pro-rate" the points for a kill, nor do I see a reason to. Be part of the team, and your team will do better. You may not make the top 5, but you can have fun, and that is what a game is really all about. I would like to see a better return on the use of DJ points, but since I already have all the captains allowed, I really have few alternative uses for them.

Battle Arena is a totally different animal. I do use BA as a levelling tool. I generally get a million, to as much as 3 million XPs in only a couple of hours. But I don't work with anybody else in the BA. I think it runs counter to the spirit of the Arena, which is a solo activity. Granted, there have been times when a friend would point me to a target they had been working before being forced into defensive stance by heavy attacks. They are very rare. And I have only placed in the top 20 once, but have gotten all the achievements in BA. Again, it's about having some fun.

John Holzapfel likes this.
  14. MorbidMario

MorbidMario Member

One thing people seem to forget in this whole sniper debate is that if you hit an armada 30-40 times then you get all the xp from the attacks. The kill reward is a nice bonus but you can make as much if not more from your attacks as you can from the kill reward. I regularly make more wp's with less kills than many in my armada. Plus I don't hear anyone complain about getting sniped on a bounty but it is the same thing, a bigger stronger player/armada will take less hits to kill a player on bounty or an armada on the battle list of the war so it will always be easier for them to appear to snipe you when in reality they just out hit you.

ghostfacedhamster likes this.
  15. Micaylah

Micaylah Active Member

Consider that there is also communication between Armada mates. If you are laying on someone I fail to see how it is a bad thing to communicate this to your Armada members. It's not the Arena, it's Armada Wars. We communicate frequently while hitting. We really don't care who makes the kill, as long as it happens.

Debra Otter and Demonik1 like this.
  16. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

i also noticed that when going for a kill, damage dealt drops way down when they get very close to death...thought it was just a coincidence at first but its happened every time i go for a kill. never used to pay attention to the health like that but since i started a while back im noticing a pattern

17. scarecrow

scarecrow New Member

I "STILL" believe the best way to eliminate the snipers is to change the message presented......Instead of "You can not attack your opponet is Dead" change it to say "The Armada was killed by_______________" with the name of the killing Armada. If I noticed a constant message showing the same armada, I certainly know who my target would be..........

I made this suggestion some time ago in the Armada feedback thread..........but it went no where......

George Burd likes this.