Proposed Change to Syndicate Wars - Your Thoughts?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mi7ch, Mar 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hey folks,

We have a quick question for you regarding one of the mechanics in the Syndicate Wars: should you get a reward when another Syndicate attacks your Syndicate and dies in the attempt?

Currently in the Battle Arena when another player kills themselves on you, you get the reward for the kill, however this is not the case in the Syndicate War where only actions taken by the Syndicate result in rewards.

Should you get the rewards for when another Syndicate kills themselves on yours? Potential downsides would be smaller Syndicates intentionally killing themselves on stronger Syndicates to give them War Points for little to no effort.

2. Bad attitude

Bad attitude Member

How about increasing the tokens from 300 to 400

That sounds like a good idea - but How about increasing the tokens from 300 to 400 max would be better

3. Guardian Angel

Guardian Angel Active Member

yeh why not!

4. I'm not sure how this would work because dying in SW loses points and also the value of the last kill, doesn't it? So how can you lose points and gain them at the same time?
    What's more - Logically if your "kamikaze" squad scenario was played out, your last kill would have been yourself... So, naturally you'd lose those new points... but then what happens if you did it a third time? Becaue the last kill resulted in a minus, does this one result in a plus?
    Like travelling back in time and killing your own grandpa...

5. Terrible idea ! all the groups who hide alts will bring them all out to suicide on themselves to get the points !

do it, & my syn will no longer participate. why would you make it easier for cheaters to cheat ?

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  6. intheface

intheface New Member

No... this will just allow for more collusion and unfair gameplay.
    If a syndicate was that low on health in the SW, why would they keep attacking and not heal?
    It just doesn't make sense.
    If anything, apply more of a penalty on the syndicate that kills itself.

7. Champ

Champ New Member

I'd prefer, if KANO wouldn't let us pay twice (with buying tokens - they're not cheap at all - and reducing stamina per hit

8. Delek

Delek New Member

i dont think its a good idea . it would only help those multi accounts user like you allow from kong to armor ... on that note its impossible that 2 accounts doesnt help each other . 1 know information that the other account shouldnt have . In wm for example you can use 1 account to list ppl so your main sync friend catch them ... since they dont catch them themself its allowed lol but still cheatting in my book . Finally can you froze all bot users its a pain to list ppl and see bots getting all the kill till your system delay them.

9. Stefan Lind

Stefan Lind New Member

No way!

Really bad idea!!! BUT it should be possible too se what syndicate that steals your kill, like in BA

10. meezy

meezy Member

Leave it alone...and yes..more tokens.. :)

11. wsmdel

wsmdel Member

leave it alone ... just another way for multiply synidicates to boost the main groups points.. ffs

you should be working on removing the link finder in BA not messing about with this rubbish. really really bad idea.

12. SW is boring and a waste of time and stamina :( Why do we need all these stupid games within the game ?? I'm forced to join SW coz i'm high-levelled, but this last SW i haven't wasted so much as just one stamina :p

Would be highly appreaciated if you'd spent some time on all the cheaters and alt-accounts instead....

13. Camerelli Thomas

Camerelli Thomas New Member

Sono daccordo sarebbe una opzione che invoglia tutti a partecipare

14. Tina Rhodes

Tina Rhodes New Member

no mi7ch they should not get points, the top plays seem to be having more then one armada with different names that keep gaining the points for them when they kill themselves on them , not to say about the ones that look for the low players using there other groups to search for low ones then the main ones find them and kill them,

15. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

16. No leave it alone

17. bigd21619

bigd21619 New Member

i say leave it alone, I can see a down side of smaller syndicates intentionally killing themselves...more tokens are always nice...

18. Benjamin C Snarr

Benjamin C Snarr New Member

Once a syndicate goes into the RED, it should be not allowed to attack anymore and forced to heal or wait for death. also maybe a bigger XP bonus for healing while in the red or yellow,

One syndicate suicideing on another one to get points is just asking for for people to cheat IMO,

19. nidanracni

nidanracni New Member

I don't know why you guys are thinking of implementing new changes when the Synd Wars interface still seems half done.

You click on a synd name and you can't see any of their info, no division, not even what their abbreviation is. The saving of links to synds is pretty much useless this time around.... it's really hard to scroll because most of the game screen is filled with boxes that scroll so you have to find that tiny bit between the list of synds and the list of recent activity to put your mouse to scroll up to see the outcome of the attack you made from your save list. It's a good system but it needs some work before it's a fully featured element of the game.

20. Paul Stryker

Paul Stryker New Member

The point of attack while dying may be: Quickly kill a small E synd, so the synd who's attacking me steals fewer WP. Or just to earn everything that can be earned while the boat sinks.

Having collected some of the answers, I'd say "No". Yet if my Synd gets killed while attacking, a penalty to my Synd sounds more appropriate to me, and not giving any rewards to the attacked Synd. That way we avoid the bad uses of it.

Regards,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.