Time for a change

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Fatherofanangel, Feb 22, 2014.

?

Please voice your Opinion

Poll closed Apr 8, 2014.
  1. Agree

41.9%
  2. Disagree

54.8%
  3. I am a cheat and dislike this idea

6.5%
  4. I have a different suggestion

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. name in use

name in use New Member

I voted agree

2. Thank You for everyone who is voting.

3. BitterSweet

BitterSweet Active Member

i don't belive is a good idea to separate the armada's battles and choises, yes is seems unfair to smaller armada's but is also the option not to enter the war , this was the concept of fun to search and find a weaker opponent and kill it . Lower level armada are also growing and get better or better one go under , i understand where you going at but in a armada war even small levels,they all fight together and have fun.

4. If I may I will point the flaws in your argument. The armadas would not be able to play among each other because they are constantly dead, killed by a strong armada. Cheater on the other hand will create alt armadas that have 1,2,3 or so of weak low level alts. This gives them an advantage in being able to see when these armada are restored to health and can attack and kill them again for another 1000+ points. If we eliminate those advantages of cheaters and gives the lower levels a chance to get a piece of the pie that can help them become stronger. This is a win win solution because then the stranger armada will have more to compete against. Are there going to be excessively strong armadas, yes. I am just propose we give lower level a fair chance at getting the rewards and slow down the cheaters. You will never get rid of the cheaters but can make it less attractive to them by leveling the field for them.

5. BitterSweet

BitterSweet Active Member

I don't understand where the cheat here stands...you ask if is a good idea for kano to restrict armada's to attack only in level range , i think is not , what has to do with cheating your question? All the idea of war was created so armada can battle eachover like in arena, not like that goes very well either. You ask a simple question but you do make it more complicate then it is. I don't have to explain myself , i think we all a hole is better then this category, the other one and less ...

6. ben

ben Active Member

i do not agree with that ... each armada can grow stronger by recruiting higher level players in ... sorry to say there is all ways going to be weaker groups out there but they no what there getting into when they join and have the choice to back out of it all together ...

7. ben

ben Active Member

once again if you think any one is cheating send it to support ...

8. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

If you feel anyone should be banned temporarily or permanently, submit a ticket to support. It doesn't have to be for cheating. As long as the player is violating the TOU, they will receive an automatic one day ban (at minimum), and it has benefit of being completely anonymous (to the player base), so report away!

9. coast chicken

coast chicken New Member

I believe you are trying to fix something that isn't broken just to benefit those that have the higher numbers in there clan or get them just for the one game leave well enough alone

10. slippery Foot Fred

slippery Foot Fred New Member

Idea has Merit and should be looked at by KANO

11. gtbuddy

gtbuddy New Member

i Disagree

12. Grand Master Fielding

Grand Master Fielding Active Member

My 2 cents - if you don't wanna be a D rated guild, then work on being stronger. To punish a strong guild or armada because they are good, is unfair. (For the record - my PC armada would be D rated - and my VC guild is A rated). I don't whine - I try and make my D rated armada stronger. Keep it as it is, and let people who enjoy whining, whine some more.

TabithaMoon likes this.
  13. Demonik1

Demonik1 Well-Known Member

i'm not even going to vote, its pointless but this idea is completely ridiculous.....there are no limits to who you can hit in the battle arena and this is the same idea except with full guilds. you already get less warpoints if youre hitting below your tier so why penalize it even more? if people wish to waste their tokens going after small guilds, id be happy to snipe it from them. i just dont see your reasoning here. you think taking away the lower tiered guilds from the A's and B's will have any effect on the outcome? not in a million years....it would only lower the point totals overall, not who came to compete and strategize. i dont see how this would help the wars become any netter than what they are now.

TabithaMoon likes this.
  14. i think this idea is lame. if you think someone is cheating then report them, as far as the guild armada wars go, i like the set up now, the strength of your whole guild/ armada is applied to everyone in your guild/ armada. If you arent winning quit crying and get stronger or recruit better. Good luck. disagree completely.

TabithaMoon likes this.
  15. Timbers

Timbers New Member

I was a part of the winning team last time and I still support this. You can see, plain as day, cheating/exploiting is occurring.

16. Kelley Svalla

Kelley Svalla New Member

Changing the rules to favor making anything easier so people don't have to make an effort is not the way to approach anything.. So someone who has played a long time and has built their pirate strong is to be penalized because they're a success? No one is owed anything,, you want something you earn it. period. Forced parity always stinks.

TabithaMoon likes this.
  17. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

I voted "disagree". Although i recognize and sympathize with the problem/issue of alts as they pertain to the wars and other aspects of the game, i just dont agree with the solution presented here as all it seems to do is eliminate one issue in favor of another, another issue that some might argue is even a bigger problem. To many aspects of the game are already handicapped which essentially take away from the whole point of getting stronger, playing smartly/strategically and build strong relationships with Allies. These games shouldnt be trying to create/promote parody....They should reward hardwork and dedication or whats the point of any of it?

There is no doubt there is still an abundance of alts despite Kanos efforts , but as others have said there definitely appears to be some inconsistency on how Kano deals with some in comparison to others. Perhaps even more disturbing is that they continue to focus more on the alts themselves rather than the accounts that create them.

Its pretty obvious to me anyways that in some of the games there are guild/armadas etc. that are entering the wars for the sole purpose of helping other guilds/armadas etc. Are they made up of alts? It certainly looks like it from a players perspective. I just wish Kano would be a bit more proactive when it comes to investigating players, guilds/armadas etc especially when it comes to competitions such as the wars and arenas that actually have rewards tied to their results. The history of some of these accounts/guilds/ armadas etc paint a pretty clear picture. Personally I would think an influx of new low member count guilds /armadas that are being both created and joining the wars would be a red flag not to mention that some dont do anything other than heal

For starters...require a guild/armada to be in existence for a minimum amount of time b4 being eligible for the wars, perhaps more importantly require a guild/armada have a minimum number of players to be eligible (15). With these minimums it will be much more obvious if they are all or mostly alts.by looking at their history. To truly hide the tendencies/traits of that many alts will take much more work by their host which will at the very least take away a bit from their main game. Even though its already obvious when guild/armadas that only have a couple of players that rarely if ever play heal only when the same guilds can kill them time and time again.....perhaps the minimums will make it even MORE OBVIOUS for Kano or at least slow down the cheating guilds/armadas enough so that legitimate honest guilds/armadas have a chance to get in a few licks themselves and perhaps steal a kill

Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
  18. TabithaMoon

TabithaMoon Active Member

I voted "Disagree" because the logic in your argument is skewed.

My armada is small because I'm generally a laid back person in the game, so I never take mine into a War. However, I have friends who have asked me to help in the War, so I have been in an A armada, a B armada, and a C armada for the last 3 wars. Any armada that knows what it's doing isn't going to go outside of its strongest attack range. A armadas with smart members don't target D and E armadas because there is too little XP to be earned. Why kill tiny prey with little reward when you are more than capable of killing big prey for bigger reward and a higher ranking? It makes no sense.

Thanks for the opportunity to vote on this topic :)

19. Gazember

Gazember Guest

Top Poster Of Month

TabithaMoon likes this.