[PC] TGIF! This Week in Dev and Community February 17 - 21

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Feb 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

TGIF! What happened this past week in Dev and Community?

Player Bans February 8 - February 14

As a reminder, the following numbers are permanently frozen accounts, and don't count temporary freezes.

FB: 5
    KPs2: 11

The majority of permanently frozen accounts are frozen for being a shared or alternate account. This is something we actively investigate, and we appreciate players reporting suspicious accounts to us.

If you have any questions or comments about a frozen account, please direct them through Support as the Forums are not the place to discuss account freezes, because of the sensitive account information involved.

New Limited Items!

A new week means new Limited Items! Here’s what’s up for grabs:

wall_feed_feb14_ltds_week4.jpg

New Crates!

We have three new crates on offer with three new Legendary items. Pick one up and try your luck!

crates_promo_february14.jpg

Support Report with your favorite burrowing, nocturnal mammal and Answerpreneur, Aardvark!!

Happy Friday! Nothing earth shattering to report this week, but as ways, a quick note!

Are you a Facebook player? Are you confused or upset by something that appeared in a white box with a blue border? Whatever that thing is, it is content being provided by the Facebook network, not Kano/Apps. You are always welcome to contact us and we will help as best as we are able but we don't have a lot of control over content in these space.

However all is not lost! The Facebook Help Center is pretty extensive and easy to navigate and I highly recommend doing a quick search to see if there's something you can do on your side to resolve your predicament. https://www.facebook.com/help

Cheers,

Aardvark,
    who recently learned that baby anteaters are called "pups." Also, that they are very cute.

Terrible Joke of the Week

Here's your lame joke of the week!

A photon checks into a hotel and is asked if he needs any help with his luggage.
    “No thanks, I’m traveling light.” ← Highlight for hilarity!

That's it for TGIF this week, everybody! Thanks for reading, and have an excellent weekend!

Play Now!

Facebook Canvas: https://apps.facebook.com/pirateclan/?fb_source=appcenter&fb_appcenter=1
    Facebook Connect: http://www.kanoplay.com/pirateclan?game_server=server_1

Kano Play Server 2: http://www.kanoplay.com/pirateclan?game_server=server_2

Attached Files:

2. TabithaMoon

TabithaMoon Active Member

Hello, KANO! As always, awesome job with the cheaters and yes, even the joke.

I have something to say that may or may not be appreciated. I've talked this over with other gamers who feel just as strongly as me, though, so I know this needs to be said.

You released new limited quantity items this week that angered a lot of people. Particularly the Demon Pendant. I don't know who chooses the designs of items, but they have been making a growing number of gamers in Pirate Clan and in Viking Clan very uncomfortable (making Vikings kill their goddess of love and their god of protection - or any god for that matter - is as absurd and even more insulting as the stupid horns you've been asked repeatedly to not put on the helmets). I no longer play VC anymore because of the nauseating clash with the true Viking heritage, MY Viking heritage, so I'll just keep this to the issue at hand with Pirate Clan.

I don't know if the designer of the "Demon Pendant" used the Pagan symbol sacred to Paganism to purposely dig at us like so many like to do, or if it was just an ignorant mistake of implementing the long-held myth of what the pentacle represents. (Hint: It is NOT satanic or demonic, just as pagans are not devil worshippers.)

I know it's too late now to remove this item from the game, so I had this great idea. Since your gamers' spiritual and religious paths don't really mean much to KANO, anyway, I look forward to seeing these items released in the coming weeks:

1. Christian cross with the name "Satan's Talisman"
    2. Jewish Menorah with the name "Satan's Trident"
    3. Islamic Symbol for Allah with the name "Satan's Anchor"
    4. Symbol for Atheism with the name "Demonic Shield"

For even more entertainment, you could, also, include the image of the Virgin Mary and name it "Satan's Wench," and Muhammad as "Lucifer's First Mate."

Or are those too outrageous to even consider? Is it just okay for Pagans to continuously be mocked and treated as devil worshipers?

We let a lot of things go in this game because it is just a game, but if you cannot even fathom implementing the above suggestions, then you know it's wrong.

I mean no disrespect to the developers or the admins/mods here at KANO. I, and many others, just felt you should know your fans include many from all walks of life and we wish to be respected like everyone else.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2014
  3. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

It's a game get over it and quit crying about it. It has nothing to do about gender race relegion or anything anyone else wants to complain about. It's a a picture created for an item in a virtual game. You people need to get a life and step outside and get some fresh air and unplug from the virtual world.

4. TabithaMoon

Then it should be okay to put those suggestions into the game. Thanks for the support!

5. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Tabitha how do people have problem with this pic?

[​IMG]

What's next going to call a Ninja Star Satanic?

[​IMG]

6. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

You cant rationalize with idiotic people who believe like this. You will never win the argument. Do you see me getting upset because i have scottish and irish blood among others from my ancestors for kano making the st paddy's drunk tank or since i probably had ancestors who were in the wild west when america was forming making a living and calling themselves cowboys maybe i should be upset with kano making a cowboy theme also. No because it's stupid it's a game go crawl back into your little cocoon and go back to complaining about battle arena at least your comments there were more entertaining then this crap your spewing.

7. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

LOL Exactly John...

8. TabithaMoon

Well, Matthew, that's a good point. I'm not the one calling it satanic, and that was my point. Calling a Pentacle "demonic" is just as ridiculous as calling a ninja star "satanic". If you read what I wrote, your question is answered. It's the use of a symbol that is important to some as a spiritual figure and calling it demonic. I didn't use the pentacle and label it "demonic pendant." KANO did. So no, I would not call a ninja star satanic.

9. TabithaMoon

I didn't personally attack you or anyone (which is a violation of KANO forums, if I remember correctly). You're entitled to your opinion of the point of view I expressed just as I am entitled to have it and to share it with KANO. The reason I am the only one who commented about it is because no one else who has expressed disgust over this wanted to deal with being bashed for it like you're doing.

10. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

I see no problem here with it besides you, nit picking a graphics design. I've done it before but never got upset over it, I laughed.

11. George Burd

George Burd Well-Known Member

Or more likely noone else sees it as a big deal. Put it too a vote you will lose every time

12. TabithaMoon

Matthew - Sorry for not clearly indicating it but that reply was for Jon, not you.

As for the graphics, I have played these games for several years and this is the first time I have ever posted on the forums about a design. I wouldn't have, either, if this wasn't already being discussed during the week by others who didn't want to comment because of exactly how I was responded to here. It is a point-of-view that was strong enough for many that I felt I would share it.

I was interested to see how people would feel if the shoe was on the other foot and the symbols used were their religious images. You will never see anything like what I suggested, but the pentacle has been used numerous times in conjunction with "evil" symbolisms. It's just tiresome. Jon, himself, said it's no big deal, so why don't we see a cross or menorah displayed as such? That's the point I made quite clearly.

13. TabithaMoon

Then let's put it to the test and have KANO release the image designs I suggested.

14. JADES

JADES Well-Known Member

Wouldn't bother me in any way, but you are not the design team. I'm sure no intentions, it's just graphic not what you are implying...

15. George Burd

Because there would be more than 1 upset person posting you cant make everyone happy you shoot for the majority

16. George Burd

Where the symbolism you imply is known or believed to be wrong by the masses what you are upset about is known and believed to be wrong by few

17. TabithaMoon

Not that I would mind being on the design team, but I know that. They do get suggestions and implement a lot of them. I wouldn't seriously expect them to use these, anyway. To be honest, I would be just as PO if they did. I don't think they did it to spread some kind of hate, either. I would hope they think about the designs in the future, though.

18. TabithaMoon

I can promise you that I am not the only person. Just the only one brave enough (or apathetic enough) to speak up about it here knowing the response it would receive by some.

19. LaScepter

LaScepter Well-Known Member

Its a game

No where in the description of VC does it say it is a historically depicted game ....gzzzzz...so its fiction and anything can be used at the descretion of the game builders to depict anything they want...

20. George Burd

I am curious how many irish have been upset by drunken leprechauns or any other stereo typed persona that has been in the game

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.