Life Banning on Chats

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Jannet Simons, Feb 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jannet Simons

Jannet Simons New Member

Dear Kano and fellow slayers .. How ya all doing ?

What does it take to get banned from the world chat ? I am hearing of stories of people posting things , that yes we all agree are offensive at times, but life bans .. i am not going to mention any names but I know of 3 already. Now we all know that world chat is for job posts and egging your enemies and at times people can get a bit outta control but life banning is a bit steep ain't it .. Im no moderator , i dont even know how bad some of them were , just going by what they have told me but kano i beg you , can we rethink on the life banning .. maybe like 3 months or some other form of moderating what they post. I personally think its unfair to ban people for life. but thats my opinion. I just think its bad when certain people get life bans yet some I have seen go all out and are back on within a week. personally i dont like the swearing BUT the threatening other peoples lives and families, now they need a life ban but ones who just use foul language , really ..
    Now mind you this is just my opinion on it , I just feel its a bit over board but wonder how everyone else feels about life bans without threatening someones life or family .. those ones i agree need a life ban because this is a game, and a great one at that, and people can be at times be over the top about it but lets get real folks . its a game , we all love it or else we wouldnt be playing it .. yes we all complain about things in the game yet we are all still here and more and more people are playing it now then ever before. can we all not just get along or atleast respect everyones right to play the game they choose to play and put to rest all the macho im better then you etc etc .. but this life banning , sorry kano , as much as i respect you all and know the hard work you all put into each aspect of this game .. I personally feel maybe just maybe this one needs a rethink .. regards Mayhem
    ps. I will highly doubt many will agree with me on this one but just my 5 cents worth

Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
  2. Jannet Simons

Jannet Simons New Member

Domino , I am sure they have their reasons for banning but life bans i just feel are a bit too much. some people may just leave the game cause for them it may take some of the fun out of it. hence why i am asking them to rethink.

3. domino

domino Member

nope i try to post for first time and i was banned....

4. Jannet Simons

Jannet Simons New Member

Yeah see .. thats just weird. Did you get an email or something explaining why or what you were originally banned from and for what reason ?

5. domino

domino Member

from a dead letter...

6. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

If someone is banned from the World chat, they can write to support and ask and the reason will be given, if they are banned in this forum the word Banned will be under their name, and they can also write to support, these things are of a personal nature and it is up to Kano's discretion who and why they might ban someone, if anyone feels they have been banned unjustly they can ask support.

7. AlterEgoT

AlterEgoT Well-Known Member

I was banned in WC for copying something that someone was saying to me.

I wrote to kano and explained and they gave me chat back.

I know better than to say that kind of stuff but when one gets upset you don't always think it through all the way. So yeah Mayhem, I agree with you. A life ban for a heated moment seems a bit steep.

I'd much rather see repeat offenders banned.

PS. I was not notified of the ban I just couldn't see WC.

8. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

My understanding of being banned from WC, is there is no notification , a player will just not see ,WC, so writing to support is the next step. I also have seen repeat offenders banned permanently,after being given back their chat privileges. WC is not monitored , the only way Kano will know if there is a problem,is if a player reports someone.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2014
  9. unimpressed

unimpressed New Member

Hi. First off. I have been banned from world chat

I can read wc, do bosses and even get awarded speakers to my wc (bad programming)..

I have only been banned from wc in zombie slayer
    i have wc in viking clan lcn and pirate clan
    I was banned from wc for having fun with friends trying to beat the word block system. my friends were not blocked and we did not use strong language

please explain how i am banned from talking in one wc but can use 3 others. My guess is we are banned for life because kano cannot program the game to add chat back, so it's a life ban which makes it unfair

i see people attack other players family's all the time and they are still posting.

if chat is not monitored how do kano know it's right to block a player and not vindictive players

if we cannot have wc kano should offer something other than speakers we cant use

10. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Easy answer,someone reported you and they looked at the chat, when I say they don't monitor it I mean they don't sit there watching all of the WC's in all the games, they rely on players to click REPORT and or send a ticket in, they also expect us all to act like adults ( fat chance of that happening) and not violate the code of conduct,if you know why you were banned then you don't need to write to support,Kano can see everything said on the chats, if and when they need to,which is when someone reports someone.IMO if you were banned , those speakers are still gonna add up, as ya don't get something else just cause you or whomever is banned ,does not work that way,but you could try writing support and being very nice and maybe Melanie might give ya another shot,ya got nothing to lose :) I am guessing you were spamming the WC, just a guess?

11. unimpressed

unimpressed New Member

You missed the bit about how I am able to use wc in 3 other apps. thats called inconsistency. the ban was just after wc started so its obvious im no repeat offender if i still have use of the other 3 after all this time
    i also find your answers as arrogant. its sad to think you think i need kano more than they need me and i have to be very nice to them. maybe they need to be very nice to me if they want my money
    melanie dont hold your breath waiting for a begging letter from me, but as this thread is about the length of bans kano really need to grow up and move with the worldwide times

12. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Now I see ,and you call me arrogant, Ha,if ya don't care why come here and complain. Nope did not miss the fact that you still can use other chats, just because you lost chat in one game does not mean it applies to all games.

13. unimpressed

unimpressed New Member

Yes you are arrogant. I have not complained but put forward my experience of my ban. i have not asked for the chat back.
    do i not have a right to complain here if i wish or do i have to write to support to hide any concerns from other players
    my having 3 other wcs make no sense and your logic is odd
    you try to treat me like a child by telling me to be very nice and MAYBE ill get it back-really i dont want it i just find it childish how kano ban people forever
    did you ever play a part in the waltons because you come across as a very old and outdated person sorry if that offends
    no doubt i'll be banned from here now

14. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Hey everybody,

I see that a moderator closed this thread over the weekend and judging from how the comments turned out as this thread progressed I'm going to leave it closed for now.

To address the original complaint in the thread, if you are banned from chat it is not a permanent ban in most cases. As Linda said, if you write into Support they will often lift the chat ban unless you are a repeated offender (they will of course warn you if you are on your last strike as well).

@unimpressed It is not inconsistency to be banned from one game's chat and not the others; the games are all separate and you have a unique account on each one. If your account was tied across all games and you only had your chat banned on one, that would be inconsistent. :)

Additionally, we encourage players to try and be civil and respectful to one another on here, just because you and Linda had a disagreement doesn't mean I'm going to ban you but in the future please be a bit more polite when interacting with others here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.