[PC] Update to how Ranking is Determined in the Battle Arena

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by mi7ch, Dec 5, 2013.

1. polishpimp

polishpimp Well-Known Member

There is a direct correlation between inactives ranking well, defensive stance times and the slider. If we truly want to fix the problem then we need to understand it. To omit something that directly pertains to the subject would not be helpful ...in fact it could make it worse and make us completely remiss/negligent in our objective

2. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

Ben we are having discussion here , so just relax, if kano has a problem they can delete and or edit, we don't need to be policed we are all adults here , well for the most part , most of the time lol

3. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

The Arena has been tinkered enough already. If you built your account a certain way not kano fault that was your choice quit your crying already and change the way your building. Punishing others because of your character is not how games are played. And polish not every high level player in the game has low defense or low attack. If you guys can't figure out how to change things to give you more defensive time then sorry your going to die in the game or you learn to get enough kills to make it down the list.

4. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I agree wholeheartedly with this post. I think a lot of us have been omitting quite a bit to suit what we personally believe. I will post additional information to back up my points of view once I have had a chance to put it together, and that definitely result in clearer understanding for all of us.

5. Linda

Linda Guest

Top Poster Of Month

one thing that needs to be remember is that Polish is talking mostly about the former myspace platform and If I am not mistaken, only the myspace platform , so comparing FB to that platform is like comparing apples to oranges and as far as the defense time ..........

Perks:
    There are 3 perks available which will give you health, attack and defensive advantages. When referring to % of total skills, energy is excluded.
    Health Perk:
    This perk will modify how much health you re-generate when you kill an opponent. The greater percentage of your skill points you have put into health the more health you will receieve when you get a kill.
    Attack Perk:
    This perk will apply a minimum amount of damage to your opponent. The greater your attack strength of your armed items along with a higher percentage of your skill points allocated to attack the greater your minimum damage will be. Note if your opponent is in defensive stance the min damage may be lowered.
    Defense Perk:

This perk modifies how much damage you receive when in defensive stance, the time duration allocated for defensive stance as well as the wait time to re-enable defensive stance after it times out. The greater percentage of your skill points allocated in defense will improve these defensive perks.

so, my advice work on your builds if the arena is the main focus, for me it is not and never has been

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2013
  6. polishpimp

Wasnt my intent to imply that ALL high levels have either high or low anything....not sure what gave u that idea. I was simply pointing out my general disagreement in direct reply to another members comments that higher level players tend to have more Def. stance because they have more SP to allocate. It would b foolish to lump all high levels or any level into one category.....but I feel pretty safe saying that most higher levels have a higher percentage of overall SP allocated to stamina due to necessity which takes away from other perk categories.

I disagree that the arena has been tinkered with enough....the implementation of the slider really put things outta whack and it needs to be dealt with. Participation numbers have not increased and it can be argued that they have actually decreased

7. Jon Ward

Jon Ward Well-Known Member

Like i said this dead horse has been beaten with skill point issue for arena. You can change your player any which way you want to. If you can't get down in the rankings because of your skill point allocation then i would suggest you look at your player and go a different route. There seems to be a select few who and i will use the term crying over arena and skill point allocation not helping them. Next thing for people to complain and try to fix is armada wars. Lets make sure not all the high level players are all one single armada that is unfair. So let's only allow 3 high level players per armada. Nope that is not going to work either. Life is tough get a helmet or don't participate in the arena. Your not required to. It's a choice to enter.

8. Even little ole me can probably get 100 attacks in before dying on the 100th hit. The pirate arena on server 2 only had 38 that were considered active. 39th had managed to snipe a kill but only had 61 attacks. I wonder if they got full reward for the rank or if this update messed with that.

Another question that is bugging a few in the armada is what would happen if the viking clan scenario that happened on server 2 happens again. Where the inactive won the arena as number 2 died trying. Would the winner show dead? How can you win the arena if you died? Would the inactive show alive or dead? Was this even thought about when making this change?

9. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

If the inactive "won" the Arena and didn't make the required 100 attacks to be considered active then they would be ranked accordingly against other inactives and then placed on the leaderboard. They would place higher because of how well they did, but it still wouldn't be as high as an active player.

10. That only answered part of the question. If the active player died on the inactive would the attacking player show dead as the winner? How can you win if you died?

11. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Nobly and posthumously.

Also I believe we answered this very question in the opening post:

"If you meet the minimum 100 attacks to qualify as an active player, you will be ranked normally based on the time you were eliminated from the Arena."

12. Then you really need to change this:

Many will enter, one will emerge!
    Battle Arena stages epic free-for-all battles between dozens, hundreds or even thousands of combatants. Eliminate other players by depleting their Health without getting killed yourself. You regain Health for every opponent you kill, so the harder you fight the longer you live. Each player receives special bonuses based on their stats and equipped items. The longer you live, the richer the rewards, including Gold, XP and Favor Points, with the final survivor winning a massive grand prize!Enter the Battle Arena and prove your might!

Just saying you may want to edit that considering the changes made.

13. mi7ch

mi7ch Administrator

Thanks for pointing that out, we'll take that under advisement. :)

14. polishpimp

personally I could care less if Kano changed the language on the arena page....its pretty much splitting hairs. Not only is that situation extremely rare its not as if it a legally binding contract....lol. Im sure most people can figure it out if they read everything and if they have questions they should ask....just like everything else

15. ben

ben Active Member

it sure does look like to me they did ask ...

16. polishpimp

Yep and they got their answer.......problem solved, pretty much the way I said it should /could be in my previous post

17. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

127 players signed up so far... I'm thinking not even a third will be active... wait, there's free XP for signing up? let me hurry up and go do that... NOT

18. ben

ben Active Member

all i can say is its a shame in how its looking at this point ...

19. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

Why do you say that, ben? You and your crew will dominate as you normally do (at least, in Pirates). If I could, I would just pay out the rewards now and cancel the arena...